What is the best Gamecube wireless controller?

Rumble is overrated (wastes batteries in wireless).

WaveBird is underrated. I agree with zewone - Best controller PERIOD. Thread over.

Wavebird experience:
good battery life, no cross connection with other wavebirds, good range, as comfortable/un as a regular cube controller.

Cons:
only gray or silver, no rumble(which isn't a big deal for most games)

Okay, it looks like the Wavebird is the one to go with. What if you liked the rumble feature.... which one would be "best" with the rumble feature?

[quote name='Poodleman']anybody??[/quote]

i think you got your answer by no one replying....there just is no other good option besides the wave bird...you just have to live without rumble

Wavebird, with one caveat: Wireless router in the same room = f'ed up performance. Two out of my three Wavebirds had issues with the wireless router that I have in the back of my TV room, where you basically have to pause the game and wait a few seconds before starting up again, because the interference makes it impossible to do anything.

[quote name='WildWop']Wavebird, with one caveat: Wireless router in the same room = f'ed up performance. Two out of my three Wavebirds had issues with the wireless router that I have in the back of my TV room, where you basically have to pause the game and wait a few seconds before starting up again, because the interference makes it impossible to do anything.[/quote]
Oh yeah. The wavebird I usually play with is set at 4, which interrupts with my phone. Whenever someone calls, the wavebird stops working. I changed it to 8, and it works much better.

Other than these minor issues, the wavebird is undoubtedly the best. You won't miss rumble after you've owned a wavebird for a while.

[quote name='Battousai1002'][quote name='WildWop']Wavebird, with one caveat: Wireless router in the same room = f'ed up performance. Two out of my three Wavebirds had issues with the wireless router that I have in the back of my TV room, where you basically have to pause the game and wait a few seconds before starting up again, because the interference makes it impossible to do anything.[/quote]
Oh yeah. The wavebird I usually play with is set at 4, which interrupts with my phone. Whenever someone calls, the wavebird stops working. I changed it to 8, and it works much better.

Other than these minor issues, the wavebird is undoubtedly the best. You won't miss rumble after you've owned a wavebird for a while.[/quote]

Interesting, with a wireless router and cordless phones all over the place I've never had interference with my wavebird. Lucky me I suppose

Oh, and hands down. Wavebird

Does this question even need to be asked ;)?

Wavebird, the only official wireless controller on any system, not to mention the best hands down. I'm surprised sony or microsoft haven't made any yet.

And it also kicks major ass. I've got 4. Will never go back to wired.

[quote name='jetsetradio21'][quote name='Battousai1002'][quote name='WildWop']Wavebird, with one caveat: Wireless router in the same room = f'ed up performance. Two out of my three Wavebirds had issues with the wireless router that I have in the back of my TV room, where you basically have to pause the game and wait a few seconds before starting up again, because the interference makes it impossible to do anything.[/quote]

Other than these minor issues, the wavebird is undoubtedly the best. You won't miss rumble after you've owned a wavebird for a while.[/quote]

Interesting, with a wireless router and cordless phones all over the place I've never had interference with my wavebird. Lucky me I suppose

Oh, and hands down. Wavebird[/quote]
Same here, never had any interference with other stuff around. I'd assume if I did, tinkering with the Wavebirds channels would do the trick.

[quote name='jetsetradio21'][quote name='Battousai1002'][quote name='WildWop']Wavebird, with one caveat: Wireless router in the same room = f'ed up performance. Two out of my three Wavebirds had issues with the wireless router that I have in the back of my TV room, where you basically have to pause the game and wait a few seconds before starting up again, because the interference makes it impossible to do anything.[/quote]

Oh, and hands down. Wavebird[/quote]

same with me...i have a wireless router about 2 feet away from my cube....i have 2 wireless phones about 1 foot away from my cube .... no problems from either of my 2 'birds

With wireless routers you will only have problems on certain channels. I don't use channel 1 on any of my birds and I've never had a problem. Except my knee getting in the way.

[quote name='Greetard']On a side note, If anyone is interestd in a wireless PS2 or XBox controller, Logitech controllers are the way to go.[/quote]

I actually like my Logitech wireless PS2 controller more than I like the Wavebird. For me, the Wavebird shoulder buttons are too spongey and sproingy. I don't like them at all. But the controller as a whole is very good.

okay, okay, i guess i am sold on the wavebird. how much does it cost?

thank you everyone for your input!!

[quote name='Poodleman']okay, okay, i guess i am sold on the wavebird. how much does it cost?

thank you everyone for your input!![/quote]
MSRP is $35.

[quote name='WildWop']I think it was $26.99 at CC this week, no?[/quote]

Yeah, plus with the percentage off because of the deal they are running it comes out to like $22.99.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='WildWop']I think it was $26.99 at CC this week, no?[/quote]

Yeah, plus with the percentage off because of the deal they are running it comes out to like $22.99.[/quote]

What deal is that?

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='WildWop']I think it was $26.99 at CC this week, no?[/quote]

Yeah, plus with the percentage off because of the deal they are running it comes out to like $22.99.[/quote]

What deal is that?[/quote]

10% off any one videogame or accesory, 15% off any 2 videogames or accesory, and 20% off of any 3 videogames or accesory.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='WildWop'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='WildWop']I think it was $26.99 at CC this week, no?[/quote]

What deal is that?[/quote]

10% off any one videogame or accesory, 15% off any 2 videogames or accesory, and 20% off of any 3 videogames or accesory.[/quote]

Sweet -- I guess I'll be stopping by there tomorrow!

bread's done
Back