What is the Best Gaming Headset ?

maxim2boobles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I'm want to buy a nice gaming headset for my new PC. Which brand would you suggest

My budget is $50 and i would prefer wired. Im leaning towards turtle beach X11 but there a lot of mixed reviews on newegg.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you play your PC games? Are you at your desk or do you have your PC setup to play by your couch or bed? You want to go wire or wireless?

What's your budget?

Last edited:
I bought a Plantronics one from amazon. Works real well and comfortable. I bought a Logitech G330 (or something like that), and it was just so heavy on the ears that I had to return it (well, was going to until my dog opened up the packaging i was sending it in and ate it)

412F1YR011L.jpg

That's the one I use for both Xbox 360, and for PC. It's comfortable, and I walk around with it as if I'm a real NFL coach! Got it for like $6.99 a while back during an eBay daily deal.

[quote name='Morphx2']I bought a Plantronics one from amazon. Works real well and comfortable. I bought a Logitech G330 (or something like that), and it was just so heavy on the ears that I had to return it (well, was going to until my dog opened up the packaging i was sending it in and ate it)[/QUOTE]

My 2 cents on Plantronics is the plastic they use is somewhat cheap.

Creative have decent products with decent support, though I've found them breaking a little too often considering the price.

My honest opinion is don't go for a gaming headset, get a decent pair of headphones that do well with gaming and get a Zalman clip-on mic.

fuck a "gaming headset". Get yourself a nice set of Sennheiser (201's or 555's are what I'd recommend) cans and a Zalman clip mic and you're golden. "Gaming headsets" are just a crappy gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
plantronics sets have always been the best performance for the price imo. the model i usually recommend hasn't been produced for several years now and it will be a sad day when it finally dies, but its a solid piece of equipment. its a plantronics .audio 350 if you happen to see one somewhere i'd snag it. the mic is great, I don't know what exactly it is about it, but it sounds so much better than anything else I've tried. hell, i've even used it to do some recording in a pinch, though i wouldn't recommend it.

Absolute steal on those. Don't let the low price fool you, they are amazing headphones. Nothing but glowing reviews from everyone who's tried them.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Newegg has the Sennheiser 201s for $13 right now...if you're going that route.[/QUOTE]

thank you, you are my hero. unless the headphones suck then i will have to kill you :) J/K

[quote name='maxim2boobles']thank you, you are my hero. unless the headphones suck then i will have to kill you :) J/K[/QUOTE]

Lol...well if they suck I'll be in the same boat as you...just ordered myself a set.

For you guys that have that Zalman mic, do you have problems with it picking up ambient sound? It's omnidirectional. How is the quality?

I've been using the Zalman clip mic for 2+ years now and have never had people complain in vent or teamspeak. It doesn't pick up much background noise at all and the voice quality is pretty damn good.

[quote name='crystalklear64']plantronics sets have always been the best performance for the price imo. the model i usually recommend hasn't been produced for several years now and it will be a sad day when it finally dies, but its a solid piece of equipment. its a plantronics .audio 350 if you happen to see one somewhere i'd snag it. the mic is great, I don't know what exactly it is about it, but it sounds so much better than anything else I've tried. hell, i've even used it to do some recording in a pinch, though i wouldn't recommend it.[/QUOTE]

This is the one I use as well. AFAIK, Best Buy still sells them. Thats where I got my set. Works great with Ventrillo.

Strike that...I have the A355. But still, they work great!

Warning op, do not get turtle beach. I ordered one set of DPX21s a while ago and the hiss was bad.

Recently I ordered the same product, thinking the first was defective. The same exact hissing was there...

Also when I plugged it into my pc, it would easily pick up the noise coming from my fans...

All in all, please avoid TB, I've already gave them a chance, yet their products are still crappy.

[quote name='SEH']I've been using the Zalman clip mic for 2+ years now and have never had people complain in vent or teamspeak. It doesn't pick up much background noise at all and the voice quality is pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I ordered one last night.

bread's done
Back