What is the best gaming mouse pad?

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Alright now folks as you might have read in my gaming mice thread I finally decided to buy a Battlefield 2142 edition Logitech G5 mouse and now I am looking for a new high performance mouse pad. I tried googling around and some people said that the Icemat was the best and others were pointing out Steelpad Mouse Pads and others were pointing out Razer Mouse pads and ultimately all this left me confused so I thought I would ask you CAGs what you guys thought.

So what do you think is the best high performance Mouse Pad?

To be honest, I've never tried any "performance" mouse pads, although I have heard only good reviews about the Razer ones. They seem to be cheap enough, at around $30. They're smooth and a mouse works well with them, so I would say, according to what I have heard, that your Razer is the best bet.

I'd get an icemat. that thing is so freaking smooth. If you get some mouse gliders, you can probably flick your mouse across the whole mat. I use a steelpad S&S because I have a G7 and it won't register with the icemat. It will register with the G5 though. ICEMAT!!! I guarantee you will be amazed.

i have a regular G5 and the best mouse pad i have found is the handstands laser pad, its paper thin has a kind of sticky/static cling? back its hard to explain its not sticky to the touch but on your desk it sticks like a magnet .its super smooth and does not bunch an inch.you actually have to peel it off your desk by lifting a corner up and it sounds like tape when its comming off your desk .but after 9 months of use i dont see any damage caused by this to my desks finish at all. its a great mouse pad great price $6.99 and works like a dream with the g5.

[quote name='magictoilet']I'd get an icemat. that thing is so freaking smooth. If you get some mouse gliders, you can probably flick your mouse across the whole mat. I use a steelpad S&S because I have a G7 and it won't register with the icemat. It will register with the G5 though. ICEMAT!!! I guarantee you will be amazed.[/QUOTE]

I really like my Icemat. Combined with my Razer Cooperhead my mouse is extremely fast and accurate.

My only complaint is it can get kind of cold, but that's because it's glass.

[quote name='madpsp']i have a regular G5 and the best mouse pad i have found is the handstands laser pad, its paper thin has a kind of sticky/static cling? back its hard to explain its not sticky to the touch but on your desk it sticks like a magnet .its super smooth and does not bunch an inch.you actually have to peel it off your desk by lifting a corner up and it sounds like tape when its comming off your desk .but after 9 months of use i dont see any damage caused by this to my desks finish at all. its a great mouse pad great price $6.99 and works like a dream with the g5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have this same one with my G5 and it works really well. I haven't tried any other pads with this mouse though. It's actually less that $6 at Wal-mart.

Ok guys just another question, would the G5 work on the transparent version of the Icemat? I see that one for like 10 bucks after the Google Checkout Discount and that is very tempting but I want to make sure it would work.

Also which one of the Razer Mouse Pads is the best?

[quote name='darthbudge']Ok guys just another question, would the G5 work on the transparent version of the Icemat? I see that one for like 10 bucks after the Google Checkout Discount and that is very tempting but I want to make sure it would work.

Also which one of the Razer Mouse Pads is the best?[/quote]

I use the Razer Mantis speed mat, only down side is the amount of space it takes up as its really huge. However I love it and use it with my Razer Copperhead

bread's done
Back