What is the best price and place to buy rechargeable batteries?

basketkase543

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm finally thinking about jumping on the rechargeable battery bandwagon. I haven't needed them all this time but now more of my crap needs batteries like my Logitech Harmony universal remote and my Logitech wireless mouse.

I don't know anything about buying rechargeable batteries so all I can say is that I'm looking for both AA and AAA. Any help would be really appreciated.

You'll find some deals online with rechargeable batteries quality matters more then quantity when it comes to rechargeable. You'll pay a little more up front. But go to wallyworld or something like that. Get a 15 min fast charger, and a 4 pack of enigizers (sp?) AA are about $15. Try to find the highest MAH that means milliamps per hours the higher the number the longer they'll last.

I say quality matters because I have 3 different rechargeable batteries, and their respective chargers for my diggie cam (canon a540). They're all the same milliamps, and are new I bought them when I bought the camera. Two of the brands (monster, and duracell) only last about 30 mins. The fast charging enigizers (sp?) last me 2 hours at least of constant use. If I fire up my camera only to take a couple of shots a day they'll last weeks.

Online with cheap batteries + chargers with high MAH: batteryspace.com. Incredible site.

@B&M stores: "Eneloops" by Sanyo at Circuit City. You can get 4 + a charger for $30. Kind of expensive, but the big difference is that they hold a charge MUCH longer than traditional rechargeables. Sometimes they'll have sales where they are 5 bucks off.

I use'em with my Wiimotes. They are even white so they match. Awww.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Double RZ points from BB if you're a member.

900mAH? Why bother?

Go for 2500mAH.[/quote]

Those are triple A's, they don't go as high as the double A's do

[quote name='klwillis45']Those are triple A's, they don't go as high as the double A's do[/QUOTE]

I'll be damned, I never even thought of that. I only use AAs, so there you go.

Just make sure to buy extra batteries to be charging while you're using. I'll use my camera all day then when I come home to download the damn thing will go dead and my extras are lying in the camera case, uncharged!!!
So I grab two of the thousands of radio shack AA's I've bought just for these little mini-dramas!!

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']
Edit: Strell, what mAh are those Eneloops?[/QUOTE]

Damn, wish I'd seen this yesterday.

I'll check when I get home from work. I want to say 2300. Not the best, but I'll take a small hit for the longer charge.

bread's done
Back