What is the best way to ship PS1 games?

If you want to be really cheap you can ship the media mail with shouldn't be more than $2-3 - it'll take about 7-10 days to go across the US

Then theres first class for about $3-4 which has a turn around time of about 4-5 days. You can add insurance, delivery confirmation (poor man's tracking) for extra dough.

Then theres Priority Mail which has default tier-pricing that I think starts at $4-6 and takes between 2-4 days to go across the US. You too can also add tracking and insurance for extra $$$. If you mail with this, USPS (Post Office) will supply you with free envelopes or small boxes to ship your stuff in.

Usually a padded mailer envelope (ones with thin bubble-wrap inside is best or maybe a thin box that you can put crumpled newspaper, popcorn peanuts or small sheets of bubble wrap are ideal.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']If you want to be really cheap you can ship the media mail with shouldn't be more than $2-3 - it'll take about 7-10 days to go across the US

Then theres first class for about $3-4 which has a turn around time of about 4-5 days. You can add insurance, delivery confirmation (poor man's tracking) for extra dough.

Then theres Priority Mail which has default tier-pricing that I think starts at $4-6 and takes between 2-4 days to go across the US. You too can also add tracking and insurance for extra $$$. If you mail with this, USPS (Post Office) will supply you with free envelopes or small boxes to ship your stuff in.

Usually a padded mailer envelope (ones with thin bubble-wrap inside is best or maybe a thin box that you can put crumpled newspaper, popcorn peanuts or small sheets of bubble wrap are ideal.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

You haven't had any issues with the cases cracking in bubble mailers?

No issues for me but if the game/pack is less than 13 oz., First Class is less than Media Mail and sometimes 3x faster.
Just give the buyer the option of paying less in a mailer Vs box.

and if you have Paypal, definitely use the link/guide in the wiki here!

and nomatter how you ship with USPS, always use Delivery Confirmation and offer Insurance.

I ship all of my mine through media mail in a thick envelope with bubble wrap inside of it. Then I usually put more bubble wrap around it, but you can always use a lot of plastic bags as an alternative.

First Class is usually cheaper than Media Mail, as long as you use snug packaging. It also is a lot faster.

Same goes for any games that fit in DVD caes (PS2, Gamecube, etc.)

[quote name='jphillips10']You haven't had any issues with the cases cracking in bubble mailers?[/quote]

Don't know about anyone else, but I've never had a problem with cases cracking in bubble mailers. They usually provide enough protection to keep them from cracking.

It really depends... I've never had any issues with PS1 games in bubble mailers but some that I've sent were mishandled and the cases did end up with more cracks than I originally sent them according to my buyers (though they didn't blame me for packing).

I usually only send single PS1 games in bubble mailers, for two or more, I use a box.

If you shipped a double disk PS1 game, you should probably buy one of those small square-like boxes from the post office. Just stuff it with plastic bags/newspapers for protection. I don't see much opportunity for the case to crack via this method.

I ship everything in a bubble mailer (or a large envelope and bubble wrap if I don't have a bubble mailer). I've never had any complaints about things arriving in poor condition.

bread's done
Back