What is the best Wii gun?

Robb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Looking to buy one soon. So far it appears to be the Nyko Perfect Shot.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks CAGS!! And don't forget to donate to Child's Play!!

*Edit*
I posted this in the wrong place. I'm not sure how to or if I can move it. But still looking for advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard a lot of people like the Perfect Shot. And at only $9.99 on amazon...

But the HOTD Hand Cannon looks cool and the Dark Ops has the face buttons easily accessible.

Decisions! Decisions! Any other opinions?

I love the Nyko Perfect Shot. It's nearly perfect, and the rumble of the Wiimote gives it a psuedo-recoil feel that you feel in the whole gun. My only complaint is that the grip is a little too large for my hands, although my hands are pretty small.

I'd love to try out that HOTD Overkill gun.

So it looks as though I can't go wrong with the Perfect Shot. I may try the HOTD Cannon if I can find one in the U.S. for a decent price.

Did anybody even know of the Dark Ops gun? I just happened upon it myself. Is having the Wiimote buttons more accessible even needed?

[quote name='Gamer_4_life']My guess would be the zapper. Any gun will do probably, they all do the same pretty much.[/QUOTE]

Actually the zapper is the one NOT to use. Apparently is nothing but a waste of licensed plastic.
I've heard good things about the NERF gun pack-ins. They were also sold separately, and could be found for cheap used at gamestop or Targer clearance (long gone by now). They're on par with the Nyko gun.

I second (third, fourth?) the Nyko Perfect Shot. I have one and it's great. Will probably grab a second eventually.

The Zapper is pretty crappy. It's built ok, but too awkward for shooting.

I have also heard good things about the Nerf guns...but for $10 I say Perfect Shot.

I also have 2 of the Perfect Shots. They are very good and you can't beat the price.
You will obviously need to take off any of those wiimote condoms first but also the strap before inserting the wiimote into the gun.
Also the handle is rather thick around making it difficult for people with smaller hands like my wife. It works but they will have muscle ache in their hands sooner. Also with the nunchuck in your other hand it could be a bit awkward to steady the gun with the second hand on the pistol butt without a grip due to theneed to operate the nunchuck. I just hold the nunchuck and place the heel of that hand at the but of the gun to help steady it.
The trigger has a nice tension, sighting is easy(assuming the game lets you calibrate) and it's not too heavy.

Oh, and on the same note as removing Wiimote condoms - the Perfect Shot doesn't really go well with the rubberized battery covers that one Wiimote charging station (I think Nyko makes that too, interestingly enough).

I still haven't found a charging station that works with the Wiimote guns :( Thats why I stick with rechargable batteries.

I have 2 of the perfect shots and I play HotD 2+3 and Overkill.

Get 2 perfect shots and play John Woo style...so much fun...

bread's done
Back