What is the difference between these Logitech cordless controllers?

1st one vibrates, and has 50 ft of range

2nd one has 30 ft of range, but its quite cheaper :)..i mean, how often are u gonna play 50 ft away from the xbox

Thanks. Do you have to be directly inline with the receiver, or can you control it like a cordless phone?

What does dual analog mean? The more expensive one states it in the product description but the cheaper one does not mention this.

Thanks

I have tired them both and the only difference I saw was that the Precision™ Controller (Controller 2) is smaller. Also the Precision controller only takes two AA batteries where the other one takes 4 AA but they both have the same battery life in hours. (from my experience)

It is similar to comparing them to the original Xbox controller to the S controller.

I prefer the Precision controller.

Hope this helps.

Also they both rumble. I can't remember if on controller 1 you can easily turn it off but you can on the Precision Controller.

They both seem to have analog controls to me.

I love this controller and have used it for about 120 hours of game play and it still functions as new. Can use it for Live game play with a headset but I assume you could with Logitech's new cordless headset but I have not tried it yet.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Also they both rumble. I can't remember if on controller 1 you can easily turn it off but you can on the Precision Controller.

They both seem to have analog controls to me.

I love this controller and have used it for about 120 hours of game play and it still functions as new. Can use it for Live game play with a headset but I assume you could with Logitech's new cordless headset but I have not tried it yet.[/quote]

they do, oops,thanks for clearing that up :)..but i wud go with the 2nd one..its cheaper, plus it dus about the same thing, and as for the "range" u cud move around with it im sure, and dual analog might mean 2 analog joysticks :)?

[quote name='Poodleman']Thanks. Do you have to be directly inline with the receiver, or can you control it like a cordless phone?

What does dual analog mean? The more expensive one states it in the product description but the cheaper one does not mention this.

Thanks[/quote]

It uses a 2.4 ghz radio frequency meaning you could play through a cement wall. Which I have done before. It is hard to play blind.

I've never had to play from 50 feet away, but it works perfectly from at least 30 feet away with no lag at all. I notice no difference when playing with the Logitech cordless or my corded Microsoft S controller.

I think the analog is portion is the triggers but I am not sure about the joysticks. Either way I notice no difference at all in game play between the Microsoft S controllers and the Precision controller.

The Precision wireless and original Logitech wireless play the same to me other than the original one is bigger and heavier. (Due to being bigger and having two more batteries)

If you like the original Xbox controllers then you will most likely like the original Logitech Wireless controller. (Controller 1) If you like the Microsoft S controllers then go with the Precision controller. (Controller 2)

Good luck!

One last thing...Tromack reminded me that these work in the 2.4 GHz range which a lot of cordless phone work in. Someone using a 2.4 GHz cordless phone in your house at the same time you are using these might cause issues. I don't know since I only use cell phones from my house.

I have the cordless precision controller, I also have a cordless phone and wireless networking for my home pc, all 3 in the 2.4ghz range. And I have not had any problems. I like hte precision alot, it also has longer battery life compared to the original model. It's a great contorller, I have been buying them up for xmass gifts. I got my precision for 37.00 on ecost and another on buy.com.

Hope that helps,
GS

Thank you all for the information. I think I will go for the precision controller (#2)!

I am sorry if my avatar has scared you! I am, after all, one of The Great Satan's minions.

the precision is 40 at game rush so it's a good place to burn some leftover credit if you have any

another thing to note is that the precision is larger than the s in the handles so it may not feel as perfect as the s (otherwise it's great; the one for the ps2 is perfect)

[quote name='andrew333']the precision is 40 at game rush so it's a good place to burn some leftover credit if you have any

another thing to note is that the precision is larger than the s in the handles so it may not feel as perfect as the s (otherwise it's great; the one for the ps2 is perfect)[/quote]

I checked my gamerush.... still 50 bucks.

bread's done
Back