What is the first PS3 game you purchased?

Tiger Woods 08.

Shortly after that it was the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Limited Edition. And then the TRU B2G1 for Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, and something else. In six weeks I had four full prices games and a free one. :whistle2:/

I think I have to scratch what I said before, I purchased Flow from PSN before I bought any PS3 games! I was still busy playing PS2 games and PSN demos (Resistance, etc.) on my PS3 60Gb with a standard def TV.

Resistance Fall of Man and Uncharted were bought for me by others. If you count PSN games then I think Flow and Super Stardust HQ were my first. Otherwise the first full game I actually paid for was probably Resistance 2 or Little Big Planet.

Mine was Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds via the $19.99 Amazon deal last year. I actually purchased it before my PS3, since I couldn't pass it up at that price. I still love the game -- just wish it would receive a trophy patch...

Motorstorm came with my system so that would be it.

Madden 08 was the first one I bought outside of that I guess.

I got the MGS4 bundle and then bought gta 4 with the 100 dollar gift card. The first one I bought with money was valkyria chronicles, and the only one I bought for 59.99 was killzone 2.

Demon's Souls: Collector's Edition.

I bought it last week even though I don't have a PS3 yet. I just really wanted the Collector's Edition.

I just got my PS3 when the Slim came out. I got 2-1/3 games with it.

- Disgaea 3
- Valkyria Chronicles
- GT Prologue

I just ordered Katamari Forever for my wife the other day, but it hasn't shown up yet (FSSS from Amazon).

Now that I think about it i didn't pay 60 for killzone 2. I returned some broken headphones that were bought for 55 and retailed for over 100. My brothers wife is a best buy manager so she got me those headphones for christmas. I returned the headphones at another best buy and the girl gave me a giftcard for 110 dollars which is what i used to get killzone 2 the day it came out.

Oh, okay, I’m not the only one who got a PS3 game before the console. I picked up Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction last spring, but didn’t buy my PS3 (80GB MGS4 Bundle) til after I moved in the summer. I think the first games that I bought afterwards were Resistance and Orange Box.

Funnily enough, I wound up selling MGS4 after trying it once because there were so many other games out there I wanted to buy and the controls seemed so complicated. (Hey, I’m an old man, and before getting a Wii in ’07, I hadn’t gamed since the Genesis years.) Now that I’ve been playing a lot more games, I’m wondering if I should give MGS4 another try. It did get the best ratings ever from every reviewer.

(wait, what? This isn’t the “tell us your life story” thread. Okay I’ll stop.)

MGS4...just got my PS3 two weeks ago. I hide from all the spoilers and most of the trailers for this nearly year and half, and I am the biggest Metal Gear Solid fan ever (beat the original probably 20 times between the original and Twin snakes and beat 2 and 3 roughly 5 or 6 times each).

Let me just say I am so happy with my Ps3 purchase with MGS4 alone. Just beat it last night.

Second and third....Ratchet and Clank and Little Big Planet.

Brought the PS3 Slim and FarCry 2 and Assassin's Creed came with the console. First game I actually brought however was Call of Duty: World at War.

bread's done
Back