What is the highest difficulty that youve beat HALO I

Heroic is easy as pie, Legeandary is nearly impossible, I've only gone through about 3 levels before I gave up. If I were to play Halo on its easiest setting, I could probably go through it dying not more then 5 times.

[quote name='snoser']Heroic is easy as pie, Legeandary is nearly impossible, I've only gone through about 3 levels before I gave up. If I were to play Halo on its easiest setting, I could probably go through it dying not more then 5 times.[/quote]

Heroic isnt that tough if you know your surroundings well. Legendary though is quite challenging. Beating Halo I on Legendary is probly the greatest accomplishment in FPS history

I just beat the Silent Cartographer level on Legendary, and it is no picnic. The place where you hit the trigger to unlock the door to the map room now contains 5(!) invisible Elites instead of the normal 2. Not good times.

[quote name='space_rover'][quote name='snoser']Heroic is easy as pie, Legeandary is nearly impossible, I've only gone through about 3 levels before I gave up. If I were to play Halo on its easiest setting, I could probably go through it dying not more then 5 times.[/quote]

Heroic isnt that tough if you know your surroundings well. Legendary though is quite challenging. Beating Halo I on Legendary is probly the greatest accomplishment in FPS history[/quote]

Just use the shortcut I did and play the last level on legendary and you can see the alternate ending.

[quote name='snoser'][quote name='space_rover'][quote name='snoser']Heroic is easy as pie, Legeandary is nearly impossible, I've only gone through about 3 levels before I gave up. If I were to play Halo on its easiest setting, I could probably go through it dying not more then 5 times.[/quote]

Heroic isnt that tough if you know your surroundings well. Legendary though is quite challenging. Beating Halo I on Legendary is probly the greatest accomplishment in FPS history[/quote]

Just use the shortcut I did and play the last level on legendary and you can see the alternate ending.[/quote]

cheater

I beat it on Heroic, but it was Co-op, making me much less of a real man.

Still, Co-op is a lot of fun and adds to the replay value of a non-online game.

If you bother to beat Legendary in Halo, it means one of two things.... 1. You're a Masochist, or 2. You need to get some more games.

[quote name='space_rover'][quote name='snoser']Heroic is easy as pie, Legeandary is nearly impossible, I've only gone through about 3 levels before I gave up. If I were to play Halo on its easiest setting, I could probably go through it dying not more then 5 times.[/quote]

Funny, I would think the greatest accomplishments in FPS history would be winning first place (and the pile of money that goes along with it) on the Pro Tours for games like Unreal Tournement. (or the other PC FPS's with pro tours)

I finished it on Heroic. Legendary is definitely a bitch. I'm working my way through it slowly...I think I'm on the third or fourth level, I've been away from it for a while. You have to really take your time and pick your spots.

I'm playing the whole game that way, not just jumping to the last level or whatever.

I've actually beat it on Legendary, but that's because Halo was my only Xbox game for a month, and I got done with it, playing approximately 5 hours a day.

when I go to my parents I am gonna have my friend stay the night and play some system link co-op

he just got Halo after Christmas and I have been really wanting to try out some good co-op

Halo on Legendary seemed rather easy... cooperatively that is. I beat the last level on legendary by myself along with some others (most of the levels with the flood I stood no chance), but it definitely is a whole lot harder by yourself and some shootouts seemed to take forever.

congrats people. I hope that I can too beat it on Legendary by the time part II debuts. I dont think Ive ever played such a challenging FPS

I've beaten the game twice on Legendary... the second time around was surprisingly quicker (I guess had some strats for the hard parts). The most difficult part of legendary is when you first arrive on the truth and reconciliation and like 4-5 invisible hunters w/swords come out from 4 different doors.... I had to replay this part a ridiculous amount of times!

Halo on legendary is a whole other best. You can't even consider yourself having played Halo without playing legendary.

That's why I always scoff when Xbox haters say Halo suck. Have they seriously played it? No.

I beat legendary twice. :D

[quote name='peteyrose']Halo on legendary is a whole other best. You can't even consider yourself having played Halo without playing legendary.

That's why I always scoff when Xbox haters say Halo suck. Have they seriously played it? No.

I beat legendary twice. :D[/quote]

You should be re warded*pops open 18 pack gives one to pete* you deserve it

[quote name='zer0cooL']I've beaten the game twice on Legendary... the second time around was surprisingly quicker (I guess had some strats for the hard parts). The most difficult part of legendary is when you first arrive on the truth and reconciliation and like 4-5 invisible hunters w/swords come out from 4 different doors.... I had to replay this part a ridiculous amount of times![/quote]

Im at T&R and Im trying to board the ship. But like 20x more enemies keep coming down. Running out of sniper ammo. Turrets arent working. The Marines keep getting killed. The Marines suck on legendary. Patience

That's probably the hardest legendary level, especially that exact spot you mentioned, just wait for those hunters once you're drained

I was watching Mr Rodgers the other day. He was the best child hood show. Sesame street is evil. Teletubbies are fun to watch

I started playing through on Legendary, but I only got through the first 3 levels before i lost interest.
That game has a serious lack of replay value for me, I only played it for about 2 weeks total. Of course,
I rarely bother to play all the way through a game so it's better than most. In fact, I have at least 30
ps2/xbox/gcn games that I have played no more than once, several of which I've never played.

I beat both heroic and legendary solo once each. Co-op I played normal once, heroic twice and legendary once. And seeing the special ending is high-larious.

Ive picked where friends left off on legendary, it's quite dificult. I would rather LAN party MP than go thru and play it on the most difficult setting. The car part is always a bitch at the end....

Beating the game in legendary or heroic doesn't really matter what matters is beating the crap out of your friends in a lan Game

I play legendary with my brothers quite a bit. I tried to beat the game solo but I didn't have the patience or the raw skill to pull it off. Hats off to those of you who have beaten it on legendary solo.

I think it's the best Xbox game, and possibly the best game of this generation of consoles.

Are you guys who beat legendary doing it on singleplayer or co-op? I did heroic with a partner for about 70% of it, but I'm doing legendary on my own.

I've beaten the whole game on legendary by myself, to boot. For me, the hardest level was the 3rd one...the one with "Enter the Belly of the Beast" or whatever.

I knew it, all those guys that are at the game shop or post on the forums saying Legendary is easy and they can beat it with only one gun and stuff are lieing. I knew it! Cuz I always wondered how I haven't beaten Legendary yet, and I'm good at all the other shooters, and all these other people have. But, if a group of this many people haven't, and they spend there time on a site to get good video game deals, which proves they are true gamers, beaten it then those other people must be lieing. I guess they just say it cuz they think alot more people than true have beaten it and just want to show off. But, if everybody came clean, then no one would have to be nervous about saying they haven't, I've even caught myself lieing because of some people around me saying they have, but I bet they really haven't.

Legendary is easy... if you've practiced hitting targets with your plasma grenades. Then, you'll knock out 3-4 of them alien or zombies in no time per grenade.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']when I go to my parents I am gonna have my friend stay the night and play some system link co-op

he just got Halo after Christmas and I have been really wanting to try out some good co-op[/quote]

I didn't think you could play co-op system link? That was one of the things that really pissed me off about Halo (Though its one of my favorite games of all time) Is there a way to work around and play co-op system link? Anyone?

I beat it solo on legendary just one time. It took me forever. There were a few parts that I could not get by for a few days, and that's playing at least a couple hours a day.

Like zer0cooL, one of the toughest parts for me was when you get beemed into the ship and invisible sworded elites come out from the four doors, along with a swarm of grunts and jackals. I only had one energy bar left going in and didn't want to start the level over.

Also when you are trying to jack a banshee to destroy the 3rd pulse generator, and you've got flood, hunters, invisible elites, jackals, turret guns, and tanks to deal with.

The beauty of Halo is that even though there were parts that were hard as hell, I never stopped enjoying it or stopped playing out of frustration. It was all good.

Yeah, that part WAS pretty hard. But I got lucky though considering I only had to face two of those. There are times where you have to face 4-6 of them which is like... hell.

I've played it on normal on single player and that wasn't too difficult(actually super easy). I then did it on Heroic and that was more to the level that I normally like. After that I tried Legendary and must say that is the real challenge. Even though I hate both Halo 1 and 2 I must give credit to the programmer for creating some excellent A.I. That is one of the only reasons I play the game, otherwise it is just a huge linear repetitve game with horrible level design. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Halo is just a game that is dressed up nicely and nothing more.

[quote name='zer0cooL']I've beaten the game twice on Legendary... the second time around was surprisingly quicker (I guess had some strats for the hard parts). The most difficult part of legendary is when you first arrive on the truth and reconciliation and like 4-5 invisible hunters w/swords come out from 4 different doors.... I had to replay this part a ridiculous amount of times![/quote]

whenever you get the need to beat halo not only once, but twice, on legendary, you have too much free time. You should immediately drop the controller, and go outside and do something constructive.

Legendary, on my own. Twice. Booyah!

Actually I only played through the second time to prepare for Halo 2.

IMO, Halo: CE's Heroic, or Legendary's difficulty is way easier than Halo 2. I play better with the idea that I get recharging shield bars. I can beat Halo on Heroic, and Legendary, but even though Legendary will be a pain in the ass, I beat it. I would just throw grenades, and kill everything that I could, than collect more grenades to proceed, which would take quite a long time. Jackals with Beam Rifles in Halo 2 are frustrating as hell to me, and I feel confined in Halo 2 levels. In Halo 1, I could snipe my way out of it most of the time, or kill from a distance, or either taking one out at a time until I recharge. In Halo 2, enemies gang up on me, and escape is hard.

Halo was my main game that I played for a long time, over and over again.

Yeah, I beat it on legendary, which took me little over a month. But, now I'm working on Halo 2. Man, that shit is alot harder.

bread's done
Back