What is the most/least amount of money you ever spent on a game?

the most amount i have ever spent on a single game was just recently with the special edition of GTAIV. $92.46. Ouch!

the least would have to be a CAG deal on PC games for $.99 for Fallout

Most I spent on a video game newthat I can rememberwas:
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (N64) - $74.99

Most I spent on a video game a used that I can remember was:
Burning Rangers (Saturn) - $65.00

The least I spent on a video game new was:
Amped 2 (Xbox) - $2.97

The least I spent on a used game was:
Atari 2600 games, $1

I've spent $0.01 for a few demos, but I was thinking actual game.

Most was Beatmania IIDX 12: Happy Sky Konamistyle Special Edition, which was about $140, I think. Next after that was probably Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition, which was $80.

Least was, I dunno, uh...Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed for free at EB Games.

Most - $80 for DDR: Mario Mix
Least - I think I got a game for free once after rebate. If I remember correctly, it wasn't worth the effort.

My most will be MGS4:LE for 84.99 or whatever. You might ought to throw in the 500 extra for the ps3 too. Had to have the PS3 to play MGS. Anyway; the cheapest I paid for a game (new), interestingly enough, was $9.99 MGS3: Snake Eater at CC about 2 months ago. Trade anyone?

My most was $50 for Grand Theft Auto 3 in 2001.

My least (not counting free or less after Mail-in-rebates or coupons) was 39 cents for X2 Wolverine's Revenge.

Most was $170 for Rock Band.

I've gotten a few free games at work and i've bought multiple games for .70 cents or so.

The most would have to be $100 for Rock Band (PS3) at FYE. The least (new) is probably one of the clearance Perfect Dark (N64) for like $1.99. Unless you count the $5 games that worked with the $5 off coupon at TRU from the Christmas clearance a few years ago....

Most - Dracula X : Rondo of Blood PC Engine/CD complete/mint for $115ish.

Least - Probably something under $1, there have been many cheapass game purchases in my life.

Countless copies of XIII (PS2) free at TRU. Various other games $2.50 and less from that magical coupon a few holiday seasons ago.

Most had to be the $80 after tax for Zelda TOoT. I remember saving for it, I paid for it with my own money. A huge stack of one dollar bills saved up.

The most I've spent on a standalone game is probably the $79.99 I spent on Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES back in the day (totally worth it). The most I've spent for a game and controller overall would probably be Guitar Hero III (Rock Band was a Christmas gift).

The least I've spent is probably $2.99 or so numerous times from various clearances and stuff.

The best deal I ever got was Resident Evil 4 for GCN for $10.

If you include the cards, about $500 on Eye of Judgement (more like $320 for cards and rest on 3 copies of this game). If you can't count multiple copies or cards, that'd have to be MGS4:LE ($85+tax).

Most? : 49.99... (PC gamer and titles haven't leaped beyond that price yet, plus I don't go for CE's on anything)

Least @ Retail : 7.98 for Fable: Lost Chapters when Target had one available when they were getting rid of them.

I assume this will exclude used games? or BOGO?

Most: Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. I spent like $75 to get it when it was released. I got it from buyrite which everyone but me seemed to have a problem with.

Least: Well Ive got a bunch of games for free from different promotions on websites (Guitar Hero III, Burnout Paradise are the most recent). Back when I joined CAG I bought some crap PS2 game fro a penny I believe it was.

Most is either Rock Bank or Steel Battalion. I got RB for $140 and SB was something around $140-$150, I don't remember.

Least is something like .20-.30. I bought a bunch of used SNES/Genesis games several years ago from Blockbuster when they were dmping old 16 bit rental games. Picked up about 20 games like Earthworm Jim, Shinobi 3, Sonic and Knuckles, DKC, Mario Kart and the most expensive one was like $2 while most of them were under .50.

The most I have paid for a game was $80. There are probably 10 games on that list. Not one of them is a special edition or has special controllers. I think FF3, Japanese Tekken 3, Japanese Bushido Blade, Chrono Trigger, Japanese Street Fighter 2 SNES, and a bunch of import PS2 games. I also paid $100 for the Japanese Time Crisis. I also have GH3, BioShock LE, GTA4 LE, and Rock Band.

I know I have bought at least 5 games for $.01 when I work at an EB. Before anyone knew they were to be destroyed, I bought them. All crap.

MOST: Although I did buy the SE of GTA4, that doesn't really count since I used BlockBuster credit. I would have to say a Suikoden II mint/complete with guide off of CraigsList for $75 (I ended up flipping the guide on Amazon to get $40 of it back).

LEAST: Madden '99 N64. $0.12; I still feel like I overpaid.

Rock Band and Guitar Heroes aside, the most I ever spent on a single game would be the Halo 3 Collector's Edition. I, luckily, preordered it at Best-Buy for 99.99 and they honored that price. Second place would go to GTA IV Special Edition at 89.99.

Adjusted for inflation I think the most would be Phantasy Star II or III for the Genesis. Those games were around 69.99 back in the early '90s. Even Strider on the Genesis was around that price too. Also, I think Final Fantasy II and III on SNES were close to that as well.

most: GTA 4 59.99 (what can i say.. i don't usually buy games on release i wait until the price drops, but this is a special case)

least:.. well.. this depends.. i've recieved a lot of v-games as gifts so technically nothing.. but i figure you want actual prices.. NES games at yard sales regularly for under 50 cents. usually..

but for a "new" game.. when CC has good clearances i pay maybe 7 bucks.

The game I paid the most for was Chrono Trigger on SNES - a little less than $75. As for the least, probably around $10, but I can't remember. I don't consider Rock Band as the most expensive since the instruments jacked up the price.

Most expensive was guitar hero 2 and an extra guitar for around 130.
Adjusting for inflation, however, my mom bought me the first power rangers game on the snes on the day of release for around 90 something dollars. This was more than 10 years ago so 90 bucks was a lot.

Least expensive game I ever got was the first Jak and Daxter game for 2.99.

aside from rock band, mine would have to be a used copy of Ogre Battle.

this was in the twlight of the SNES days, so it got marked up to $100. O_O!

i traded in a ton of games just to get it, some i regret. i think megaman x3 was in there somewhere...

i think we also picked up 7th saga for $20.

Over the past six months, the most expensive thing i bought was the Orange Box (PC) for $35. It's worth much more than that considering the modding community on the PC.

The most I've ever spent on a game was probably Halo 1 for $50 (but it did get me a discount on the purchase of an Xbox)
The least was probably Max Payne for $2 retail from Circuit City. I have gotten a few things for free from Gamestop though.

Some other expensive purchases:

$100 - Tekken 5 Collector's Edition (PS2)
$170 - Rock Band (360)
$90 - Guitar Hero III (360)
$170 - Beatmania II DX 3rd Style + Beatmania II DX Controller (JPN PS2)

Thats all I can think of...

These are my most expensive & cheapest by monetary value only, which does not account for other factors. At the time of purchase, all titles were brand new and sealed.

PS1: 'D' in long box case - $95 (I spent more on that stupid game than Suikoden II), cheapest: $0 - A lot of games.

PS2: Ace Combat 5 w/flight stick - $135, cheapest: $5 - A lot of games.

XBOX: Steel Battalion - Green Button version. I think I spent about $150 on it. Cheapest: I bought Clone Wars / Tetris 2 game pack from CC for a penny.

GameCube - Phantasy Star Episode I+II - $68, cheapest: $10 or less - A lot of games.

Sega CD - Snatcher - $60, cheapest: Puggsy - $3

XBOX 360 - Ace Combat 6 w/Flightstick & Rock Band SE - $145, cheapest: $10 - A lot of games.

Sega Saturn - Panzer Dragoon Saga - $110

Neo Geo CD - Bri'kringer - $120

3DO - Neurodancer - $57, cheapest - Twisted - $2

Sega Dreamcast - Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - $45, cheapest - $5 - A lot of games.

Nintendo Wii - SSBB - $39, cheapest: Red Steel - $10

Playstation 3 - $21 - Untold Legends Dark Kingdom, cheapest: God Father Don Edition - $10

Sony PSP - GTA LCS - $54 (I bought it when I got my original fat PSP), cheapest: A lot of games for $10 and less.

I have Philips CDI games and PC games (over 500), but I don't keep records of those. I might have some other random junk around here, but I didn't keep any other records in an Excel sheet.

Most: Samba De Amigo with Maracas. $140

Least: Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds Combo Disc at Circuit City for a penny (tagged $99.99)/ XIII for PS2 free at Best Buy with the $5 off any PS2 game coupon a few years ago (it was $4.99)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Most: Samba De Amigo with Maracas. $140

Least: Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds Combo Disc at Circuit City for a penny (tagged $99.99)/ XIII for PS2 free at Best Buy with the $5 off any PS2 game coupon a few years ago (it was $4.99)[/QUOTE]

Samba De Amigo! Do you have the blue or gold box set?

I got the game for $5 and the maracas for $35 from a friend :)

Most
Guitar Hero III ($100)
World of WarCraft ($80)
WarCraft III ($85)

(the last two was back when our dollar was sucking)

Least
A lot of games from RadioShack/EB ($10)
Torrents (priceless... joking)

Most: Likely NiGHTS with the Analog controller I never used because my hands were too small. No idea how much it cost.

Least: Took a whole bunch of old PS1 cds from my cousin. Or if it has to be an amount over $.01, I guess a buck for some old NES games at a yard/garage sale.

Most: GTA: IV ($49.99 + $10 CC GC)

Least: $0.25 for PS1 games that Hollywood Video was clearing out since that specific location was going out of business....Fear Effect, Syphon Filter 1 and 2, plus others...in all...20 games for $5

Most would be Steel Battalion that Monsta Mack and I got at Media Play for $100. Beyond that, the GTA IV special edition , and probably the $75 I spent on both Chrono Trigger as well as X-Men vs. Street Fighter with a 5-in-1 cart for the Saturn. Also dropped about $65 to pick up an import The King of Fighters 2002 for the Dreamcast, back when that was the only non-Neo system it was ported to.

I've purchased many games for around a buck for various systems.

Postage + Cost to print rebate form for Phantom Dust ($1 maybe?) for a brand new sealed copy of Phantom Dust thanks to the $20 rebate on CAG years ago.

Yeah me and Mafia spent $100 on Steel Battalion years ago, because I refuse to pay $170 for a shitty music game by the name of Rock Band.

I can't remember...

Most I think was $50 for Halo 3 LE (bought for a friend), Least was $0 for RSV2 (yourfree360games.com)

bread's done
Back