What is the weirdest ("grossest") food that you L-O-V-E? Outweird one another!

[quote name='fart_bubble']Blood Sasuage- Great breakfest food with a hangover.[/quote]

Hell yeah. I get that at an Irish pub in town. It's a bit salty, but sooo good. :D

[quote name='Machine']Has anyone tried some of this stuff? http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php

I'm sure he's exaggerating about some of the items, but I'm not sure about others.[/quote]

It's not bad. Kinda tastes like a spicy pate.

[quote name='Maklershed']And I think alot of people are accepting of it now a days so I'm not sure whether to mention it or not but sushi is fantastic. Especially eel.[/quote]
Yes. Unagi is quite good. If you can find a place that serves it (most likely in japan), try having some blowfish (or as it's known - fugu). More specifically, try finding tiger blowfish. I think New York is the only US state to allow blowfish to be served. Just make sure that the guy serving it has a license (I think they're regulated & issued by the government of Japan) as if it's prepared wrong, you could be poisoned or, at worst, die.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']i can tell by the smell...

and a... uhh... dare[/quote]
Your avatar pic is what I would imagine my face would look like after having sampled cat food.:lol:

[quote name='Doom Gaze']I don't love it, but when I went to the Phillipines I had this dish called "balut". It's the embryo of a chicken in its egg right before it hatches. They boil it, and it hard boils around the chicken, which dies. Then you eat the whole thing, shell and all.

I couldn't actually finish it. Apparently most Westerners like us can't get near it.

What I do love is goat. Sometimes goat milk and goat cheese in a pita shell. That is excellent.[/quote]
Actually, it's more likely it was duck. If you had chicken, it's only because they ran out of ducks. Ducks don't grow on trees, y'know... unlike chickens.:lol:

I like to create a variety of loaded up omelets at my school's omelet station. Nothing really weird but they usually offer a choice of ham, steak, sausage, chicken, buffalo chicken, bacon, and any vegetable or cheese, any combo you want.

My favorite is buffalo chicken and tater tots, its such an amazing flavor. I would never try most of the stuff mentioned here, I have really plain tastes. I eat my cereal without milk because I don't like the way it tastes with it or being soggy.

I have had dog biscuits before, and surprisingly they didn't taste bad, just really dry. For the ultimate dry mouth torture, fill a large spoon with pepper and put it all in your mouth at once. It's not overly hot but it tastes terrible and it's really hard to get out of your mouth because it gets so dry.

[quote name='thechairmanh2k']i eat haggis. i win.[/quote]

Back in '95 I went to Scotland with one of my best friend Sam Scott - he's Scottish, really.

Maybe we had Braveheart fever but we pledged to both try haggis. A brotherly forged promise. Hell, I'll try almost anything once.

We finally found it at a small shipyard in Aberdeen - we're talking mom and pop haggis. He took a bite and I've never seen any one make a face like that. He started gagging and spitting and turned pale (paler than usual, at least).

He then, almost angrily looked at me, "You gonna try it now?!" And I said, "Noooo way!" And he says, "You realize you lied then?!"... "Yup."

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']Duck blood.

Semi-coagulated duck blood with bits of duck, herbs, and ginger on a plate so it can be scooped up and eaten with this cracker-like thing.[/quote]

AAACCCCCCKK!!!!! seriously?!?! i think we have a contender.. ughhhh.. my stomach just turned.

GOD MAN! SERIOUSLY?!?

[quote name='ironmouse']Anyone ever eat an animal's penis?[/quote]

jimjbullock.jpg

[quote name='coltyhuxx']AAACCCCCCKK!!!!! seriously?!?! i think we have a contender.. ughhhh.. my stomach just turned.

GOD MAN! SERIOUSLY?!?[/quote]
When my boss worked for Motorola over in Israel, they had him try this Arab dish where they bring a goat or dog-sized animal, club it, set it on this tray with sort of a moat around it, and cut open the animal and let all it's blood drain into the moat, then they heat it up and add stuff to it and serve it as blood stew.

[quote name='Tiphireth']When my boss worked for Motorola over in Israel, they had him try this Arab dish where they bring a goat or dog-sized animal, club it, set it on this tray with sort of a moat around it, and cut open the animal and let all it's blood drain into the moat, then they heat it up and add stuff to it and serve it as blood stew.[/QUOTE]

Sounds expensive, what kinda animal was it exactly?

[quote name='Tiphireth']When my boss worked for Motorola over in Israel, they had him try this Arab dish where they bring a goat or dog-sized animal, club it, set it on this tray with sort of a moat around it, and cut open the animal and let all it's blood drain into the moat, then they heat it up and add stuff to it and serve it as blood stew.[/quote]

I'm thinking of making this tonight for four... does it freeze well? Can I nuke the leftovers?

Also, we don't have a moat on our property, I was thinking of slaying the dog-sized animal on the front steps and letting the blood sheet off that way?

Suggestions?

[quote name='bobo2k4']Sounds expensive, what kinda animal was it exactly?[/quote]

I have no clue. He told my like back in February. :lol: All I remember was the moat, the small animal, and the heating up of blood for stew.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']I'm thinking of making this tonight for four... does it freeze well? Can I nuke the leftovers?

Also, we don't have a moat on our property, I was thinking of slaying the dog-sized animal on the front steps and letting the blood sheet off that way?

Suggestions?[/quote]

I hear it doesn't re-heat well, the blood sort of congeals into something like the consistancy of cottage cheese. It depends on how you like your blood; when it's from the gutter, it'll probably have all manners of sticks and rocks and cat shit in it. Again, that won't look too good re-heated. ;) And for the animal, may I suggest your first born child? Give 'em a good beating first to get the blood going and keeping it fresh. You might even be able to pass the remaining meat off as veal. :D

balut rocks...put some salt and pepper on it and...*drools*

One of my favorite foods is pork tongue; the taste is a lot stronger than cow tongue and it's less chewy.

The best part of a chicken is it's brain: I love to crack open the head and eat the brain. Most of my friends think this is the nastiest thing which is great because I get it all to myself.

My favorite part of a fish is its eyes.

I've had snake before and it's actually really good.

I like to eat mam tom (if you're not Viet, this smells 100x worse than nuoc mam); actually, I am a big fan of any kind of mam. I also really like nem which is basically raw meat. Oh yeah, the soda water + condensed milk drink where they drop a raw egg in is really good.

I like congee (rice porridge) with chunks of pork blood. Oh, and the "thousand year" duck eggs are really really really really really good.

Yes, I was born in the US...

[quote name='Tiphireth']I have no clue. He told my like back in February. :lol: All I remember was the moat, the small animal, and the heating up of blood for stew.

I hear it doesn't re-heat well, the blood sort of congeals into something like the consistancy of cottage cheese. It depends on how you like your blood; when it's from the gutter, it'll probably have all manners of sticks and rocks and cat shit in it. Again, that won't look too good re-heated. ;) And for the animal, may I suggest your first born child? Give 'em a good beating first to get the blood going and keeping it fresh. You might even be able to pass the remaining meat off as veal. :D[/quote]
That kinda reminds me, has anyone seen the segment Dumplings from Three...Extremes? lol Thats what you're last couple of sentences remind me of.

I guess nothing goes to waste with you, eh, vietgurl? I meant no offense by the way lol

[quote name='vietgurl']balut rocks...put some salt and pepper on it and...*drools*

One of my favorite foods is pork tongue; the taste is a lot stronger than cow tongue and it's less chewy.

The best part of a chicken is it's brain: I love to crack open the head and eat the brain. Most of my friends think this is the nastiest thing which is great because I get it all to myself.

My favorite part of a fish is its eyes.

I've had snake before and it's actually really good.

I like to eat mam tom (if you're not Viet, this smells 100x worse than nuoc mam); actually, I am a big fan of any kind of mam. I also really like nem which is basically raw meat. Oh yeah, the soda water + condensed milk drink where they drop a raw egg in is really good.

I like congee (rice porridge) with chunks of pork blood. Oh, and the "thousand year" duck eggs are really really really really really good.

Yes, I was born in the US...[/quote]

Nuoc mam doesnt smell that bad, but I wonder what a 100x of it can do . :whistle2:#

[quote name='coltyhuxx']AAACCCCCCKK!!!!! seriously?!?! i think we have a contender.. ughhhh.. my stomach just turned.

GOD MAN! SERIOUSLY?!?[/QUOTE]

I'm 100% serious. It's not that bad too, has a sorta metallic taste to it but as long as you don't stare at your food too much, it's all good. I haven't had it in a while though because my mom is scared of the whole avian bird flu.

-edit- And mam tom does smell a lot worse than nuoc mam.

bread's done
Back