What is you favorite genre of video gaming?

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
Hopefully this topic hasn't already been discussed to death but here goes.

Mine would have to be the stealth genre. Few things in gaming are as satisfying as the stealth kill. There's nothing quite like waiting for your victims and knocking them out without them even noticing. My favorite game of this genre would have to be the Metal Gear Solid series just because they more or less invented the genre and they balance action with the stealth aspects very well. Splinter Cell comes really close though.

I like RPGs because of the fact that they are time consuming. I dunno, i just love em, and my favorite kinds of RPGS are 2d. :)

platformers and action/adventure

i hate rpgs, stealth, driving/flight, and sports games the most.....unless mario is involved with them ^_^

RPG is my favorite, then action and platformers. My least favorite would be racing, but I still like stuff like PGR 1&2 alot.

whatever holds my attention for more than 10 minutes. i used to be a hardcore rpg gamer, but lately i find i don't have much time and patience for them anymore. it's rare for me to beat a normal 10 hour adventure game, let alone a 30-40 hour rpg.

I do still enjoy RPG's though i rarely finish them. My favorites now would have to be the classic 2D sidescroller/platform games ... Mega Man especially. Thank you nintendo for the anniversary collection!! Now i don't have to load up mega man after mega man for all my other systems.

Action, hack n slash, driving FPS, anything except turnbased monkey poo RPG's
I do like Civilization though despite the turn based element

Used to be RPGs, but I have that lack of time thing going on as well. Now I'd have to say fighting, racing, basically any arcade type pick up and play kind of games. My least favorites, far and away are sports of all types (except Rugby for some reason) and stealth, which just requires waaaaay too much patience.

RPG, strategy, and hack-n-slash are my favorite genres, although the last two can get repetitive at times. I also like the occasional shooter, but they're all too much alike. I may also try a sports game once in a great while, but for the most part, I loathe sports games (except golf and tennis).

RPG and adventure. some racing too (mario Kart DD is the shit). I like some sprts games if they're not too involved, such as NFL streets and NBA jam.

My favorite genres would be Madden, shooters, Mario Kart, action, adventure, driving, and sports in no particular order.

RPG's depend on the game. Some RPGS I like while others I don't. I'm also not too crazy about fighters.

adventure/action, racing, fighting, and some rpgs... sport games arent the greatest for me .. war games dont seem too interesting too.. but i like some of them

I'm also a big fan of the stealth genre, especially the Metal Gear Solid games. I haven't played Splinter Cell yet, but Hitman 2 was a good game.

Basketball games are really fun to me, also. The Sega basketball games are top notch, better than the NBA Live series.

I don't really like RPGs for some reason. They just haven't caught my interest. And I used to love fighting games, back when Street Fighter II was huge.

FPS are my favorite and since i only own a gamecube ive been pretty much screwed when it comes that genre lately

I usually spend most of my time on Action RPGS (think Zelda or Secret of Mana), 2D fighters (Guilty Gear, KOF, etc.), and platformers (anything by Nintendo pretty much). I also dig 2D shooters but I haven't played too many.

i would have to say racing is my fav... i can never get enough racing games..

I'm a fan of platformers both 2d and 3d. I also love a good rpg or fighting game. A quality FPS is also high in my books. I also like the new First Person Adventure genre, i.e. Metroid Prime, Chronicles of Riddick, possibly Deus Ex (the first is more FP-RPG but the second is more FPA). I also enjoy a good genre bending game like Beyond Good and Evil.

Tactical RPG, Console RPG, PC RPG, Adventure, FPS, RTS.. in that order.

And bringing up the rear, from worst up...

Stealth, Dancing/Singing/misc. muscial crap, 3D Action-Brawler

I'll tell you what the worst are. FPS, Sports Sims, Stealth games, Survival Horror, Car driving games, 3D platformers, 3d fighters, etc.

Comedy Games. Yes you read that correctly... some of my all time favorites are Maniac Mansion 2: Day Of The Tentacle, Serious Sam, Sports games with the wacky color commentary (Blitz Pro, NHL 2003+). If a game gets me to laugh, it's done something that >95% of games couldn't do.

-Fighters (of the 2d and 3d variety) because they give endless replay with multiplayer/learning moves etc
-RPGs, because the bucket load of hours that can be dished into these things
-PC FPS's, because the control, twitch factor, and online aspects keep you on your toes for months/years.

My tastes have changed many times over the years. Currently my favorite genre is shooters. I won't get into the order of my other preferences as RPGs may be my favorite next month, lol.

My favorites games are action (Onimusha series), hack n slash (Dynasty Warriors series), fighting games and rpg. I hate stealth (Tenchu), FPS (Medal of Honor: this game makes me dizzy and sick) and driving games (GTA:VC) because I suck at them.

I play them all (with one exception.)

In order of preference: Racing, Adventure, Action, Stealth, Shooter, FPS, Extreme Sports, Survivor Horror, Arcade, Fighting, and Sim/RPG.

Past - Favorite Online: Counter-Strike (PC)

No regular Sports titles.

I play all kinds but strategy games, especially if there's a historical element are my favorite. The Total War series in particular, Medieval:Total War is the best game I've ever played and I'm excited about the upcoming Rome: Total War.

Fighting games, which are few and far between on Gamecube. I also like schmups. (Gamecube lacks these too!)

bread's done
Back