What is your favorite part of Commando?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Mine you ask? Well, conveniently it happens within the first 5 minutes of the movie. It's when Arnold cuts down an entire tree and carries it back to his house by himself. I ask you, the average non-Schwarzenegger-esque mortal, what is your favorite part of the movie Commando?

I don't need the gun, John ::sadistic laugh:: I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! ::throws the gun away::

I'M GONNA KILL YOU NOOOOOW!!!!

I laugh my ass off everytime I see that scene.

Where he fires his shotgun and like seven commandos go flying back. Oh, and when his RPK had unlimited ammo.

[quote name='peteloaf']"Remember when I said I'd kill you last?" "I lied" Yea, that part.[/quote]

True. Even better then his "stick around" and "knock knock" lines in Predator.

Commando is one of the greatest movies evah. I like it when he gets all painted up and first gets to the destination for the arse kicking. That just seemed so..awesome.

"You scared? You should be. Cause this's a green geret that's gonna kick your ass."

"I eat green berets for breakfast, and right now I'm VERY HUNGRY" *throws awesome puch*

great line, great movie.

What about the scene where they are fighting in the motel? The fight isn't that great but the naked chick with the huge ta-tas was alright.

I remember watching Commando, American Ninja and Remo Williams over and over again one summer when I was younger. Ahhh good times...

[quote name='billyknoxville']After Arnold kills a guy and leaves the hotel room and says:

"Please don't wake my friend, he's DEAD TIRED."[/quote]

I thought he said that to the stewardess regarding the assassin on the aeroplane.

photocommando2.jpg

Dont forget "Let off steam, Bennett"

When he impales the Freddie Mercury on steroids guy with a pipe off the wall (that I guess had nothing in it) that created a steam vent for the guy's blood that's boiling because of the electricity. Jesus, I feel stupider just typing that.

[quote name='peteloaf']"Remember when I said I'd kill you last?" "I lied" Yea, that part.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I love it!

Edit:

"Let off some steam... Bennettt!!" is good as well.

Why just Commando? This should be a general Ahnuld movie thread.

Who can deny other classic moments such as the mid-air arm wrestling from Predator?

Or Arnolds clever quips after every kill in The Running Man?

SUB ZEEROW NOW JUST PLAIN ZEEROW

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Why just Commando? This should be a general Ahnuld movie thread.

Who can deny other classic moments such as the mid-air arm wrestling from Predator?

Or Arnolds clever quips after every kill in The Running Man?

SUB ZEEROW NOW JUST PLAIN ZEEROW[/quote]

If we're just going to name the best Ah-nuld moments then my vote is for the scene in Hercules in New York where he fights the man in a bear suit. I was in tears the first time I watched it.

Everybody needs to go rent/buy Raw Deal just for one scene where he tries to say "Molested, murdered, and mutilated". Apparently he still isn't fluent in English in the movie.

Very very funny stuff.

Lets keep this on topic...

My favorite part occurs in the mall when the black security guard is on his walkie talkie, relaying Ahhnold's appearance to the others... "suspect is wearing a green shirt, and he is one big motherfuckER!"

I don't have the dvd with me, but if someone could grab me that exact quote I'd be very pleased.

[quote name='Swift900']Lets keep this on topic...

My favorite part occurs in the mall when the black security guard is on his walkie talkie, relaying Ahhnold's appearance to the others... "suspect is wearing a green shirt, and he is one big motherfuckER!"

I don't have the dvd with me, but if someone could grab me that exact quote I'd be very pleased.[/quote]
"Attention all units, emergency on theater level, suspect six foot two, brown hair. He is one gigantic motherfucker."

Here's the trailer too:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXv6dMFME40[/media]

"Slicing a little girls throat, is like cutting warm butter."

Also, my favorite scene is the "gear up" scene before he storms the mansion.

I love this thread, because honestly, me and my brother started this tradition every Christmas Eve where we watch Commando. It started when I was 4, my parents were at church, and my brother felt it was time to show Commando. We have watched it ever since.

[quote name='strayfoxx']"Slicing a little girls throat, is like cutting warm butter."

Also, my favorite scene is the "gear up" scene before he storms the mansion.

I love this thread, because honestly, me and my brother started this tradition every Christmas Eve where we watch Commando. It started when I was 4, my parents were at church, and my brother felt it was time to show Commando. We have watched it ever since.[/QUOTE]

If Christ himself came back to Earth on Christmas Eve and walked into your house at random to give the good news, his first words would be "I approve of this"

Then he would probably watch the rest of it with you.

I just feel like that's probably true.

I just went to put this in my Netflix q and saw this review.
------------------------------------------------------
stars_5_50.gif
John Tran
22 out of 25 people found this review helpful.

I paid for film school only to learn that this was the greatest movie ever made.

I found this review
rate_reviews_1.gif

Schwarzenegger's Commando was a hell of a lot better than Stallone's Cobra ("The Cure is worse than the disease...")

Whoa is everyone forgetting in the army surplus store where he amazingly finds a full on armory and gets caught...only to have the girl shoot the paddy wagon with a rocket launcher in the only spot that wouldn't blow it totally up to free him, after the obligatory rocketbackwards!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is a scene that all directors look toward as the pinnacle of cinema.

[quote name='Hex']I thought he said that to the stewardess regarding the assassin on the aeroplane.[/QUOTE]

you are correct sir. I got the line right, but I got the part from another movie.

I love Commando. This is the movie where he punches a shark right? Yea I think it is, so my favorite part is when he punches a shark. Not quite as good as the exploding shark in Batman The Movie, but still amazing for a man to punch a shark. And I'm pretty sure the John Matrix picks up a phonebooth somewhere in the movie too.

Now how bout some love for the all time holiday classic Jingle All the Way?

[quote name='bigtymer']Whoa is everyone forgetting in the army surplus store where he amazingly finds a full on armory and gets caught...only to have the girl shoot the paddy wagon with a rocket launcher in the only spot that wouldn't blow it totally up to free him, after the obligatory rocketbackwards!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is a scene that all directors look toward as the pinnacle of cinema.[/quote]

Oh god. Yeah, I loved how the launcher she used (which are recoil-less, btw) knocked her off her feet.

I need a surplus store that sells that sorta shit around here...

Is that the one where he says "I let him go." If so, that's my favorite part. That or the scene where he ziplines down the decorations onto an elevator at a mall.

Or it could be neither of those scenes are in this movie :lol:

Now I want to watch this movie again. Damn you makler!

This was just on the other day.

"You know when I was a boy and rock'n'roll came to East Germany, the communists said it was subversive. "

In the beginning when the guy is taking out his trash and says, "I was afraid you missed me." and the trashman says, "Don't worry, we won't." before shooting him.

bread's done
Back