What is your Favorite Sleeper hit on Netflix "watchitnow"?

Watched Motorcycle Diaries.

It's a well made entertaining movie that tries hard, and almost succeeds, at sympathizing on a real life mass murderer.

[quote name='fart_bubble']yep though the best new thing they've added is the Day Of The Triffids tv movie[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out, because when I first saw it listed I blew right by it thinking it was the 60s movie...

I wonder recommend:

High School High
Sukiyaki Western Django
Quantum Leap
Dead Like Me
The Stoned Age
Ski School 2
Earth Girls are Easy
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
Super High Me
Young Einstein
THX 1138
Time Barbarians
The Ten
Young Frankenstein
Real Genius
Scratch
It's all gone Pete Tong

There's also a whole bunch of Troma films, Woody Allen films and National Lampoon movies. ^_^

[quote name='dyreschlock']I wonder recommend:
Sukiyaki Western Django

There's also a whole bunch of Troma films, Woody Allen films and National Lampoon movies. ^_^[/quote]

I loved Sukiyaki Western Django. So much so I bought it on Blu-Ray.

I'll recommend the Constant Gardner.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I loved Sukiyaki Western Django. So much so I bought it on Blu-Ray.

I'll recommend the Constant Gardner.[/quote]
Maybe it's me, but
Tarantino is annoying as hell. Thank god he was only in the first 5 minutes
. Overall, good movie, i ended up buying the DVD Steelbook version.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Watched Diving Bell and the Butterfly last night. Last years Best Foreign Picture. It was better than I thought it would be.[/quote]

Diving bell is an amazing film...its also one of those films that is hard to jump in a start watching if you know anything about it. I dont think anyone is ever really in the mood to watch a film like it but its definitely worth it.

Watched Outsourced last night, I really didn't enjoy it that much. Just an average film.

Watched Season 1-2 of weeds a couple weeks ago. Went out a bought season 3 because of the cliffhanger.
Got hooked on another TV show....just what i needed.

I watched Sukiyaki Western Django, THX-1138 and Velvet Underground. They were all pretty good. I really liked Sukiyaki Western Django. You can't get any better than a samurai western. Besides Takashi Miike is the man!!

Super High Me. It's a pretty comical movie. Stand up comic goes 30 days without smoking weed, then goes 30 days smoking weed all day every day.

Kind of a guilty pleasure, but I watched the first season of Airline. It's reality, but it's interesting to see how many people blame the airline when they show up 10 minutes before their flight leaves or whatever.

It's also only like 20 minutes long per episode, so it's a quick watch.

[quote name='naiku']
Watched Season 1-2 of weeds a couple weeks ago. Went out a bought season 3 because of the cliffhanger.
Got hooked on another TV show....just what i needed.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing, and then I got bored in the middle of season 3 and stopped watching.

See it! Now!

Best! Movie! Ever!

For one liners and an awesome brawl that was filmed on the statue of Liberty....

Remo Williams...watch it

Not only is this great for sleeper hits, but I love this for sleeper TV shows that I never had enough time to watch before the days of Tivo/DVRs.

Anyone try to watch Gonzo (the Hunter S. Thompson documentary)? I've been wanting to see it for a while, but couldn't watch it as the streaming looked terrible. Worst I've seen so far, blurry, blocky, pixelated. Wasn't my connection as I watched King of Kong instead and it played in HD the whole time. I'm guessing they just botched the encoding.

Anyway, just curious if others had the same experience. I just bumped the DVD to the top of my disc queue and will watch it that way.

I hope you all enjoy your last day of Sony Movies.
I sure hope Netflix can come to some kind of agreement to keep these available to us for next year. There sure are a lot in my cue that are not good past tomorrow.

The Illusionist. Also of note, they have Star Trek TOS Season One, the remastered version (with faithful new CGI).

Well, I lost 28 titles from my list last night.
I had 168 in queue (nicely alphebetized and categorized by genre) and now I only have 140. The only strange thing is, at the top of the page it says I have 168 in queue.
Actually, all the titles I lost, dropped into my "SAVED INSTANT" queue.
Oh well.

[quote name='sunnysky']
Actually, all the titles I lost, dropped into my "SAVED INSTANT" queue.
Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If they come back available they'll automatically get put back in your instant queue.

I only lost 1 I think, and not sure what it was. Oddly there were a few that used to be listed as available only through 12/31/08 (2001, Barry Lyndon and a couple others) that are still there and have no date anymore.

I lost: Unforgiven, Natural Born Killers, Blade Runner: Director's Cut, and Team America. Nothing too crushing, some I had already seen anyway.

at least I didn't lose any that I had already seen.
So really no biggy I guess.

I'm trying to get into Jericho (TV show). But it's a bit slow moving so far. Not enough action for me I guess. Or just not enough intrigue. But it might grow on me.
Next, I'm going to try Sliders (tv show).

My favorite thus far is Friday Night Lights the show. I've made it through S1 and heading into S2. I don't follow any shows on TV, so full seasons are nice for me. And this show is a pleasant surprise.

Just watched "Bigger, stronger, faster".
I was impressed. The guy got interviews from more inside people than I would have expected.

They added a bunch to the instant watch list: spiderman 3, superbad, corpse bride, ghost rider, etc.

Edit: Sorry, meant to add this to the general Netflix post.

As for sleeper hits; I really enjoyed King of Kong and watching the first season of Star Trek (Never watched it before). I just added a ton to my list and found "paper clips" a documentary, if memory serves, about a Kentucky (?) school collecting a paper clip for each of the people killed in the Holocaust. I teach a unit on Art Spiegleman's Maus in one of my Lit classes and I have heard good things about this documentary in my research.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Atomic Cafe.

Cool documentary from the 80's. It's about America's first few years with the atomic bomb. It's made up of everything from old army training films to the silly duck and cover movie from the 50's. Worth a watch if you've been playing a lot of Fallout 3.

Warning: The first few minutes do feature some graphic images from Japan after the bombs fell.

bread's done
Back