What is your most coveted possession in your gaming collection?

[quote name='ZombieToast']That's beautiful. I still remember the Christmas Eve night when I opened mine (that's how they did it at my aunt's house). If it weren't for that little machine, my life would be completely different, for better or worse. All I had was SMB/Duck Hunt for a couple of months, but it was all I needed. It's silly, but gaming felt a lot more magical back then.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Every time I see an NES Action Set box, I damn near get choked up by memories of the Christmas morning I got mine. My parents couldn't afford it, and I never thought I'd see one. I didn't know any better, it came from Santa, and Santa can get me whatever he wants, 'cause he's freaking Santa. Thinking back, who knows how they pulled it off, but there it was, bright, beautiful and absolutely life-changing.

if its not my ps1 rpg collections it's these 2 items
5683988215_75cc32eb48.jpg

3577386382_ecb36dab38.jpg

photostream

[quote name='ZombieToast']
347117203_b24b4985e8.jpg

I doubt many of you have one of these bad boys. It's okay to grovel at my feet.

(Not my picture, by the way.)

I'm not sure how many of my items would be coveted by other people. I've got a near-mint (and complete) copy of Suikoden II, which tends to go for a lot of money.

And there's my original Japan-only version of Pokémon Stadium. I doubt it's worth much, but it's special to me because it was my first import.

I also have the original Final Fantasy with box (no manual), which I think is pretty nifty, but I'm not sure if anyone else really cares about it.

Ooh, ooh! But I do have one of these:
Nelsonic-SuperMarioWorld.jpg

Still in working order, although my wrists are too big for it now. (Again, not my picture.)

I'm also rather fond of these just because I've only ever seen them one other time:
5238741043_8e1262ce82.jpg

(My picture this time...I'm kidding, I stole it.)

I get cool stuff sometimes in exchange for writing reviews, but that pen/pin set is one of the niftier things I've received.

That's beautiful. I still remember the Christmas Eve night when I opened mine (that's how they did it at my aunt's house). If it weren't for that little machine, my life would be completely different, for better or worse. All I had was SMB/Duck Hunt for a couple of months, but it was all I needed. It's silly, but gaming felt a lot more magical back then.[/QUOTE]

I have a Sega Pico with 2 games

[quote name='SaraAB']I have a Sega Pico with 2 games[/QUOTE]
Well, *raspberry* to you!

N3UROP0D,
It's actually pretty cool. I guess it won't be interesting if you didn't play it as a kid or if you don't have your own children, but it's still nifty.

I am missing the cords for my system though but I just use the ones from my many genesis systems, still I only paid $1.50 for my Pico + 2 games. It just takes standard AV cords and a genny power supply.

You can color and draw on it and your pictures will show up on the TV screen (I think you can do this without putting in a cartridge) which would probably be a hit with small children provided you have a CRT TV to hook it up to since it probably wouldn't look so good on a modern TV.

I think there is a way to hook it to a VCR so you can record your creations as well just like you can hook Mario Paint up to a VCR to record stuff. But I don't think anyone would be interested in doing that these days.

Nah, with modern technology, it's not really all that impressive. But man, that thing used to be amazing. It's actually the main reason why I got a uDraw for my Wii...I just wish it had more than a few games.

Its probably between My Lunar : Complete for PS1, or the Bionic Commando jacket i have. It was a prototype that never went into mass production, so I have the only one in existence. So that's pretty nifty.

Mine would probably be my mint CIB Mega Man V for GBC. I've only ever seen one other on ebay and it wasn't in nearly as good shape. It's probably the most valuable item in my collection right now.

I love any and all things Halo (Huge fan of the Story and backstory/history of Halo)

My most prized gaming possession is my signed copy of Halo 3, I was lucky enough to get a few of the developers to sign my copy of Halo 3 at PAX a few years ago. Once I got back I had it re-shrink wrapped so it looks like it was never opened. (Still has the MS authenticity seal on the side) And yes it has the actual game still inside it as well.

Photo_E40C90EC-58B3-289C-1E4C-EF42C9960580.jpg

[quote name='Goodeye']I love any and all things Halo (Huge fan of the Story and backstory/history of Halo)

My most prized gaming possession is my signed copy of Halo 3, I was lucky enough to get a few of the developers to sign my copy of Halo 3 at PAX a few years ago. Once I got back I had it re-shrink wrapped so it looks like it was never opened. (Still has the MS authenticity seal on the side) And yes it has the actual game still inside it as well.

Photo_E40C90EC-58B3-289C-1E4C-EF42C9960580.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im a huge fan too. U know if they will remake Halo 1? Love the pistol head shots.

I picked up a Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition shortly after release and after seeing the insanity that people made of it I had to keep it sealed so I hope that some day that may be a crazy item to have. My most prized possession right now though has to be my Wii console itself. I have over 200 virtual console and wiiware games on that thing and it practically feels like having my entire childhood on a single SD card. I can only hope that Nintendo will let us transfer those purchases when the new console comes around cuz if my Wii eventually dies and they stop fixing/replacing them I will be greatly sadened.

I was going to list my Neo Geo 4 slot arcade cabinet, home console and collection of AES and MVS games, cause the neo was something I remember staring at in electronics boutique back when I was going to college and wishing I could afford one, but the above Halo stuff reminded me of these:

IMG_1619.jpg

And that reminded me of the time period leading up to the release of Halo 3 and how much I couldn't wait to play it. Pontiac had a contest to win it before you could buy it. (they were also giving away a car as I recall, but so what, I wanted Halo 3! lol) I was lucky enough to win number 711 out of 1000, and I remember that it arrived in my mailbox the saturday before it was to be released. As much as I wanted to play it, I kept it sealed cause I was so thrilled to have won it.

IMG_1622.jpg

Right after getting it, I was watching Ebay wondering how much these might go for and I came across an auction for #640 with a BIN for $50...I had Halo fever at that time and was buying all sorts of promotional stuff...I have a dispaly from 7-11, posters, etc, so I went ahead a bought #640 from the ebay auction.

here's the back: an advertisement for the G6 GXP

IMG_1623.jpg

They're both still sealed, and have the orange 'do not sell before 9/25/07' sticker on top

@Jedikiller24

VERY NICE I entered that contest but was never able to win one. However I was lucky enough a year after Halo 3 released to get a Master Chief helmet two of them in fact, one of them is listed as number 900, then about 2 weeks after that I was able to find via ebay one of the Mountain Dew/711 promo helmets. I got 625 out of 711.

Of course these are next to the helmet I got with my actual Legendary copy.

my Bioshock 2 collectors edition. It's not rare or worth lots of money or anything like that. I just love the Bioshock lore and the vinyl from the first game I love(i do collect vinyls) and just cool posters and what not.

neither of the bioshock games are that amazing as gameplay goes. But I just love that world. Haha

My most prized game is Skies of Arcadia: Legends on the Gamecube. I beat it on my friend's disc back in the day, and a year or two later, saw that it was only $20 new at Gamestop. I immediately decided to buy it instead of what I went there for. Best spur-of-the-moment gaming purchase I ever made.

During my senior year in high school, I had to bring a box of my favorite things to class for a creative writing project, and the Skies of Arcadia case was part of it (I didn't want to bring the game just in case someone tried to steal it). The teacher took the box for a day or two to grade it. By the time she gave it back, I'd completely forgotten the case was in it, so I shoved the box under my bed and lamented that I'd lost the SoA case. The disc sat naked on my TV stand or in my Gamecube for about a year. It was scratched up pretty bad by the time I remembered where the case was. Still, it's the one game I wouldn't part with for any reason - even to trade for a mint, sealed copy. Way too much sentimental value.

dang i wish i had cool stuff like that, the only cool thing I own is a set of Afro Samurai figures (ninja ninja and afro from the pre order), I used to have a bomb sweeper dual screen nintendo lil machine, but someone gave me a good chunk of change for it

It's not worth anything to anyone else but I still have my original Playstation with the PSM pirate smiley lid sticker on it. I also have the Final Fantasy Tactics memory card stickers that they gave away in one of the issues of PSM.

As of tonight...

A sealed copy of the cancelled/unreleased game NBA Elite 11 for the PS3. I won an auction on ebay (Buy It Now) and I'm stoked! Once I get the game in hand, I'll post pictures of it. It wasn't cheap though...but it's a piece of gaming history, and an investment for the future in my eyes.

[quote name='Pck21']As of tonight...

A sealed copy of the cancelled/unreleased game NBA Elite 11 for the PS3. I won an auction on ebay (Buy It Now) and I'm stoked! Once I get the game in hand, I'll post pictures of it. It wasn't cheap though...but it's a piece of gaming history, and an investment for the future in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Damn, how much was the Buy It Now?

My Mass Effect limited edition and Mass Effect 2 limited edition are awesome... as is my Bioshock limited edition and Bioshock 2 limited edition.... but my Collectors Edition of Ocarina of Time may be my favorite collectors item.... I have the awesome laminated box too!

[quote name='Pck21']That was the auction I won! ;) Not very CAG of me, but I think it's worth it for the collection and the history behind it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you own one of biggest blunders in video game history (i'm looking at you, EA). Yeah, i try to pick one up in the future when i finally finish my NEO GEO AES US collection.

Most coveted as in things I'll never sell? Probably Power Stone for the DC holds the most sentimental value, many memories with a friend who passed since then.
Those and the Resident Evil Chainsaw controllers!

As far as actual value,
Mass Effect CE sealed. Always planned on playing it, but never got around to it.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest for the Gamecube, saved a couple copies, sealed.

A bunch of sealed DC and PS1 games I picked up for $1.90ea from TRU when they were clearancing what they found in the back.
Power Stone 2 sealed (DC)
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter sealed (PS1)
Sonic Adventure 2 sealed (DC)

[quote name='levi333']Most coveted as in things I'll never sell? Probably Power Stone for the DC holds the most sentimental value, many memories with a friend who passed since then.
Those and the Resident Evil Chainsaw controllers!

As far as actual value,
Mass Effect CE sealed. Always planned on playing it, but never got around to it.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest for the Gamecube, saved a couple copies, sealed.

A bunch of sealed DC and PS1 games I picked up for $1.90ea from TRU when they were clearancing what they found in the back.
Power Stone 2 sealed (DC)
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter sealed (PS1)
Sonic Adventure 2 sealed (DC)[/QUOTE]

I wish I could find a copy of OoTMQ period.

You are a lucky fellow. :applause:

[quote name='dan13l858']Yep, you own one of biggest blunders in video game history (i'm looking at you, EA). Yeah, i try to pick one up in the future when i finally finish my NEO GEO AES US collection.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. From what I'm seeing/hearing, there are between 8-15 copies known in existence. Between 3-5 of those are sealed. I plan on holding onto mine for years so the value will increase 10 fold.

If anyone thinks I'm crazy, look up a game called "Stadium Events" for the NES. That game was also recalled/cancelled by Nintendo. 1,200 copies were produced, but only an estimated 200 made it to the wild. A sealed Stadium Events is selling for $37,000 on eBay last I checked. So if 200 of those are known to exist, and only 8-15 copies of NBA Elite 11 are known to exist as of this writing, can you imagine the value in 10, 15, and 20 years? I'm betting that a copy of NBA Elite 11 becomes one of the top 10 "Holy Grail" games of all time. Then again, I could be wrong lol!

Probably these GCN games, all mint/complete:

Zelda OoT/MQ
Zelda Collector's Edition
Pokemon Box - To think I had 3 of them at one point but unloaded 2 sealed ones for $25 each. :wall:
Pokemon Jirachi Bonus Disc

I have that Pokemon Jirachi Disc....If someone is interested or wants it for their collection let me know....I didn't realize it was rare or collectible.

[quote name='Pck21']Absolutely. From what I'm seeing/hearing, there are between 8-15 copies known in existence. Between 3-5 of those are sealed. I plan on holding onto mine for years so the value will increase 10 fold.

If anyone thinks I'm crazy, look up a game called "Stadium Events" for the NES. That game was also recalled/cancelled by Nintendo. 1,200 copies were produced, but only an estimated 200 made it to the wild. A sealed Stadium Events is selling for $37,000 on eBay last I checked. So if 200 of those are known to exist, and only 8-15 copies of NBA Elite 11 are known to exist as of this writing, can you imagine the value in 10, 15, and 20 years? I'm betting that a copy of NBA Elite 11 becomes one of the top 10 "Holy Grail" games of all time. Then again, I could be wrong lol![/QUOTE]

Warn you ahead of time

If you have like a massive deposit into your account your PayPal might be suspended

[quote name='chuckywang']It used to be a sealed copy of Fable II Collector's Edition, but now the going market rate dropped like a rock.[/QUOTE]

I go by the rule of...

there are two prices....

1) What its worth? - and 2) What someones going to pay for it?

My original SNES copy of FF III (i.e. FFVI and well, my name and avatar). I have the original box and inserts as well. Maybe someday I'll get Woolsey to sign it.

I have things in my collection that are more valuable/rarer as well as a few that are closer to my heart, but some of these games are a combination of both those categories (plus I haven't had a chance to take some more pics of other goodies in my collection).

So we'll go with a decent default answer of "assorted SNES complete/mint games including Earthbound complete/mint".

008.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainKirk']Warn you ahead of time

If you have like a massive deposit into your account your PayPal might be suspended[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any experience with this but if it comes from a legit ebay transaction I don't see how there would be a problem. If you have a ton of people sending you small amounts of money over paypal (this I actually have experience with) or if you have a large amount coming from somewhere else you will have a problem. You have to make sure your account credentials are all good though, I think you have to register your SSN or some additional information with paypal in order to take out more than $500 at a time, if you haven't already done that yet.

Steel Battalion that is still MIB! Great game, but don't ever want to setup again, too much work.
Anyhow, you guys should check out the contest I am running, which is the same topic as this, but on my website.

[quote name='Pck21']Absolutely. From what I'm seeing/hearing, there are between 8-15 copies known in existence. Between 3-5 of those are sealed. I plan on holding onto mine for years so the value will increase 10 fold.

If anyone thinks I'm crazy, look up a game called "Stadium Events" for the NES. That game was also recalled/cancelled by Nintendo. 1,200 copies were produced, but only an estimated 200 made it to the wild. A sealed Stadium Events is selling for $37,000 on eBay last I checked. So if 200 of those are known to exist, and only 8-15 copies of NBA Elite 11 are known to exist as of this writing, can you imagine the value in 10, 15, and 20 years? I'm betting that a copy of NBA Elite 11 becomes one of the top 10 "Holy Grail" games of all time. Then again, I could be wrong lol![/QUOTE]

I've been collecting for last 12 years. I'm very familiar with Stadium Events. lol Also, one of the rarest games i have ever seen was Syphon Filter 3 (Recalled edition). Only 3 confirmed copies exist in the world.

Probably my Mountain Dew Limited Edition XBox. I've never heard firm numbers on how many were produced and they're not overly rare but it's still cool that I got mine, especially since I only paid $20 for it like five years ago. Sadly, I don't have the box it came in. (That's what she said.)

Oh and not sure how rare it is, but I have a complete copy of Phantasy Star IV. (Same with III, but IV is in the cardboard box).

I don't really have anything sealed, outside of Dreamcast Web Browser 2.0 and an XBox BMX game.

My friend has a still sealed copy of River City Ransom for the NES, though. It's drool worthy.

Value wise it's probably my mass effect 2 CE sealed. I am not really big on keeping things sealed for value (I always buy CEs to open and play) but I am almost tempted to keep this one sealed and get a cheaper copy of the game.

Some other stuff I have though:
Dotstream and Dialhex bit generations games. Apparently I signed up to be notified via email at play Asia like two years ago and I randomly actually got notified that they were in stock like a few months ago. I snagged the last copy of dotstream, it goes great with my famicom GBMicro

Speaking of which, my game boy micro. Important because I love the little thing, but also it was the item that brought me to CAG. I found the thread about soldering your own GBMicro to gamecube interface cable and that's where it all started...

Finally, an item not really rare or anything but not very common due to it's price, I like my Fanatec turbo S racing wheel with clubsport pedals. Racing Forza 3 is a totally different experience with that thing.

My most coveted gaming possessions...(some are even rare)...
AND
How I got them...

dsc00179ug.jpg

Pictured: Nintendo 64DD Mario Artist Japanese Game
These go for $70+ on eBay, I got it for $10 on eBay, no one outbid me and seller actually shipped it

dsc00180tg.jpg

Pictured: Original Xbox Kiosk Discs
a CAG sold them to me

dsc00181u.jpg

Pictured: Alan Wake Promotional Landyard
Bought of eBay for dirt cheap

dsc00182c.jpg

Pictured: Game and Watch Collection 1&2
From Club Nintendo

dsc00183au.jpg

Pictured: PlayStation 2 HDD Disc, I have the PS2 HDD in my PS2, but only took a picture of the disc
Bought the whole Final Fantasy HDD set for like $20 on eBay

[quote name='CaptainKirk']My most coveted gaming possessions...(some are even rare)...
AND
How I got them...

dsc00179ug.jpg

Pictured: Nintendo 64DD Mario Artist Japanese Game
These go for $70+ on eBay, I got it for $10 on eBay, no one outbid me and seller actually shipped it

dsc00180tg.jpg

Pictured: Original Xbox Kiosk Discs
a CAG sold them to me

dsc00181u.jpg

Pictured: Alan Wake Promotional Landyard
Bought of eBay for dirt cheap

dsc00182c.jpg

Pictured: Game and Watch Collection 1&2
From Club Nintendo

dsc00183au.jpg

Pictured: PlayStation 2 HDD Disc, I have the PS2 HDD in my PS2, but only took a picture of the disc
Bought the whole Final Fantasy HDD set for like $20 on eBay

[/QUOTE]

That Mario Artist is awesome. A lot of Buy it Now auctions don't sell and you lucked out. I got the Limited Edition Saturn version of Policenauts awhile back on eBay mint for a few bucks cuz no one else bid on it. Some of the other Buy it Nows that sold went for 35-45 bucks. Guess it depends who's looking for it.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']That Mario Artist is awesome. A lot of Buy it Now auctions don't sell and you lucked out. I got the Limited Edition Saturn version of Policenauts awhile back on eBay mint for a few bucks cuz no one else bid on it. Some of the other Buy it Nows that sold went for 35-45 bucks. Guess it depends who's looking for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...

The day someone puts a Nintendo 64DD on eBay below $300 I will purchase immediately

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Thanks...

The day someone puts a Nintendo 64DD on eBay below $300 I will purchase immediately[/QUOTE]

I think the cheapest I've ever seen one was around $375, but shipping was expensive, even from Japan they jacked it up. Right now the cheapest one on there is $475 I think. My sisters friend lives in Japan, maybe I can see if she can find me one... But even locally there they are expensive.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I think the cheapest I've ever seen one was around $375, but shipping was expensive, even from Japan they jacked it up. Right now the cheapest one on there is $475 I think. My sisters friend lives in Japan, maybe I can see if she can find me one... But even locally there they are expensive.[/QUOTE]

Locally or not...fact is only 10,000 of those things exist if I remember correctly

bread's done
Back