What is your Top 10 3DS games?

MrGranger

CAGiversary!
If you were giving advice to someone buying 3DS as a gift (or getting one) which games would you put in your top 10 to pick up this holiday season?  There are a number out now, so what are the must plays for the 3DS?

What is your top 10?

Last edited by a moderator:
A ton. Perhaps you can narrow it down by saying the genres you are interested in?

Perhaps you should start with Pokemon X or Y, since they seem to be newer games.

My top 10

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Pokemon X/Y
3. Mario Kart 7
4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
6. Pushmo
7. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
8. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
9. Super Mario 3D Land
10. Project X Zone

Upcoming: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Mario Party, New Yoshi's Island, Super Smash Bros., New Donkey Kong

Last edited by a moderator:
Notables: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Star Fox 64 3D, Zero Escape

TL;DR
Many must plays, you'll find something you like

As an owner of a 3DS and a decent sized collection I feel like I can recommend a couple of games.
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening (This game is my favorite 3DS title and I've beaten it three times. Was my first entry into the series and loved the street pass, and the story.)
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (If you have played any of the others this one isn't too different besides being a mayor.)
3. Mario Kart 7 (This game is challenging and the online is quite fun. I usually play this to pass some time.)
4. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (Game is so well done,and I'm a fan of the series. Love the story and the gameplay. Definitely a pick up.)
5. Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land (This game is a solid game but not worth the full price point. If you can find this game for $20 its a buy. This game makes platforming so damn hard and you did after one hit. Something about it kept bringing me back.)
6. Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Fan of Bowsers Inside story)
7. Zelda OoT 3D (I loved this game on the N64 and loved it just as much as the original.)
8. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (I enjoyed this probably because I didn't pay more than $5 for this game. Fun game. Very challenge focused.)
9. Kid Icarus: Uprising (On-Rail shooter, and online was fun when it came out.)
10. Luigis Mansion: Dark of the moon

Some great help!  Thanks all!

Is Mario Kart 7 better if two people are playing that they both have the game in their 3DS?  Or can you just share one and be fine?

But they're interested in everything. what would your Top 10 be?
I'll give you 5 games I would recommend and 5+ I wouldn't, all of which I have played.

Recommended:
1. Fire Emblem Awakening - good, solid game
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - fun game
3. Kid Icarus Uprising - fun game with a lot of plot twists
4. Super Mario 3D Land - surprisingly good platformer
5. Project X Zone - good strategy RPG

Ones I don't recommend:
Etrian Odyssey IV - better games are out there, save for later purchase
Paper Mario Sticker Star - better games are out there, save for later purchase
Madden NFL Football 3DS - old and outdated
Any standard, realistic car racing game I have played for 3DS. Mario Kart not included.
Rabbids Travel in Time - didn't like it

Hmm, tough to say, but here's my piece:

1) Animal Crossing: New Leaf - I don't think I was addicted to any other game like this in quite a while, pretty simple, but fun.

2) Super Mario 3D Land - This was my introduction to the 3DS and it was a ton of fun, can't wait for this mechanic to be used on the Wii U.

3) Pokemon X/Y - Lots of addictive gameplay and it's the RPG where you can basically choose how involved you get.

4) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - c'mon.

5) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Really enjoyed this one quite a bit. Very inventive and fun with some good challenges inbetween.

6) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Still haven't finished this one, but something about this series is a lot of fun. I even like the grinding. The one part that drives me nuts is the constant amount of hand holding in the beginning...but it's gold after that.

7) Starfox 64 3D - This is a great game to just sit down and play without too much thinking...and you can easily beat it in one session.

8) New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Lots of the same, but that's not a bad thing. It's great Mario platforming.

9) Mario Kart 7 - Another good game to pick-up and just play. Online is great, probably some of the best the 3DS has to offer after Pokemon.

10) Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - I enjoyed this one, it is a rhythm/music game and might be less interesting if you've never played any FF games.

Super Mario 3d Land

Mario Kart 7

New Super Mario Bros

Pokemon X/Y

Kid Icarus (even if you play it on a very low difficulty setting, story is great)

Luigi's Mansion

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Kingdom Hearts

Animal Crossing

Ocarina of Time

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Zelda: OOT
Resident Evil Revelations