What kind of memory cards do you recommend for a new PS2 gamer?

get a sony brand one, ive heard too many horror stories about 3rd party ones. you probably dont need 2 memory cards unless youre going to be playing a lot of sports games. ive had a ps2 since launch and i didnt need a 2nd memory card until last year.

i bought the red and blue 2 pack theyre sony brand and they work perfectly. with i could find the 2 pack for 20 bucks again i should have loaded up when i had the chance. but yeah the rule of thumb for memory cards is the name brand is the best brand but on most occasions the most expensive brand. some people on here say you can get the sony brand memory cards cheap at pawn shops.

Are there deals you guys can recommend? Also, just wondering, about how much memory does the game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City take up?

Thanks for all the help!

Longshot deal: find a PS2 harddrive, which were going for peanuts at TRU and Sears. Odds of finding one are very slim, but you never know. You can store a ton of PS1 and PS2 saves, and need only one PS1 and one PS2 memory card.

Target is clearancing the Sony brand PS2 memory card two-packs now. Best price I've seen so far is 33.99 (I think) but there are enough of them that it'll go cheaper.

If you're willing to take the risk, you can get sony branded mem cards on ebay for under $10 after shipping. I went that route and it has worked perfectly. Just make sure it is a seller with very high ratings and it is clear that it's a first party one.

[quote name='blandstalker']Longshot deal: find a PS2 harddrive, which were going for peanuts at TRU and Sears. Odds of finding one are very slim, but you never know. You can store a ton of PS1 and PS2 saves, and need only one PS1 and one PS2 memory card.

Target is clearancing the Sony brand PS2 memory card two-packs now. Best price I've seen so far is 33.99 (I think) but there are enough of them that it'll go cheaper.[/QUOTE]
even better get a code breaker and you can copy all your save to a usb stick

I usually upgrade my collection with Sony Cards only. I have 2 right now, a solid black one and a clear red one. My brother got my old PS2 when my cousin gave me his and he has a black 16 meg.....interact or something like that. Its twice the size. He's had no problems out of it yet.

[quote name='tangytangerine']But wouldn't that be going 3rd party?[/QUOTE]
you are still using sony memory card, but you also have the option of copying files to and from a usb stick/ ocmputer

I got the yellow nyko memory card for ps2 when my 1st party memory card was full. Never gave me problems and got it for $20 back in the day

bread's done
Back