What kind of PC specs do you think Starcraft II will require?

Seeing as how it's Blizzard, I'm betting it'll scale very well... so basically if you have the hardware then it'll look fantastic but if you don't, it'll still run so you can at least play it.

I'm guessing the minimum will be at least a Athlon or P4, 64MB dedicated DX9c video card, 512MB of ram and a lot of HD space for an optional HD install (probably 4GB).

I am guessing a 2.5-3 ghz P4 or equivalent.
1 gig of ram.
128 MB Gfx Card
Windows XP or Vista

Just a step above the WoW requirements for the minimum.

[quote name='Vinny']

I'm guessing the minimum will be at least a Athlon or P4, 64MB dedicated DX9c video card, 512MB of ram and a lot of HD space for an optional HD install (probably 4GB).[/QUOTE]

Knowing blizzard, this is probably about right. They already said they wanted to make sure as many computers as possible could run it without needing costly upgrades.

I would personally say that Fragalot's specs are more accurate. Given WoW's relative age, a step above that would be the natural choice. Blizzard would want to maximize the community for an MMO without sacrificing too much visual fidelity, so a few years later they can just kick it up a notch or two and capture a great deal of the same audience.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']my advice: worry about it when the game actually comes out[/quote]

Best idea. The more you wait, the cheaper the parts will become. Also, if you save up a bit at a time waiting for the game, the upgrade will be less of a shock to the wallet.

bread's done
Back