What kind of TV should I get? - Looking for 36-40in LED for Xbox Gaming

Alpha 176

CAGiversary!
So i've been playing Xbox for years and recently sold my old 1080p LG TV so i'm in the market of snagging me a new one in the next couple weeks.

Looking for a full 1080p, 36-40inch LED TV, but I am unsure if I should buy a 60hz or 120hz if it even makes a difference for gaming or watching movies.

Been scoping out mostly Samsung's as they tend to have pretty good TV's, but i'm not sure and am not very television savvy so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Pretty interested in these:

Samsung UN40EH6000 40 inch LED 120hz for $578.00 @ Amazon
Samsung UN39EH5003 39 inch LED 60hz for $398.00 on Black Friday @ Walmart

I'm not trying to spend more than about $600, and i'm not wanting some off brand piece of crap either.

So please if you could answer what is the difference between 60hz and 120hz, will it make a difference for gaming, and would you recommend one of those Samsung's or do you have another brand specific for under $600 you could point me towards?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Alpha 176']So i've been playing Xbox for years and recently sold my old 1080p LG TV so i'm in the market of snagging me a new one in the next couple weeks.

Looking for a full 1080p, 36-40inch LED TV, but I am unsure if I should buy a 60hz or 120hz if it even makes a difference for gaming or watching movies.

Been scoping out mostly Samsung's as they tend to have pretty good TV's, but i'm not sure and am not very television savvy so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Pretty interested in these:

Samsung UN40EH6000 40 inch LED 120hz for $578.00 @ Amazon
Samsung UN39EH5003 39 inch LED 60hz for $398.00 on Black Friday @ Walmart

I'm not trying to spend more than about $600, and i'm not wanting some off brand piece of crap either.

So please if you could answer what is the difference between 60hz and 120hz, will it make a difference for gaming, and would you recommend one of those Samsung's or do you have another brand specific for under $600 you could point me towards?[/QUOTE]

the 120hz is the refresh rate like when u watching sports. there is also 240hz on the newer tv, but its all hype. U should go see tv in person because consider buying because these LED tv is thinner and appear smaller. U have to consider distance and what room you going to place it.

Try to get a LED smart tv 120hz. check out the bf ads on this link and shop around.
www.bfads.net

Samsung is definitely a good brand when it comes to LCD/LEDs. I'd go for at least 120hz, though 240hz is probably overkill. I got a 39" Sanyo from Sam's Club for $300, it's 60hz and I really don't love the HD picture it puts out. It's great for casual viewing though.

The Hz has nothing to do with picture quality, but how fast the frames refresh so you don't get that lag feeling in video games. The fact op is planning on using it with an xbox 360, 60hz is fine cause the current generation consoles can only go 60fps max. Even though they have trouble achieving that most of the times hence why the next gen consoles like the Playstation Orbis is trying to get 1080p 60fps as a standard on all games. Blu-ray movies are also shot in 24FPS so 120hz is pretty much not necessary unless you want it for 3D movie watching which 120hz-240hz is necessary.

bread's done
Back