What launch titles are you getting?

Yanksfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I am still torn on whether or not I will be getting a Vita at launch because I still am extremely happy with my PSP/DS/GBA/iPhone when it comes to handheld gaming. However, I am in the camp that is impressed with the Vita and what it has to offer.

If I do end up getting it launch day, here are the games I would pick up with it:

images

images

images

images

These I would consider:

- Ultimate MvC3
- Virtua Tennis 4
- Touch My Katamari
- Lumines
- FIFA (would love to have a console like soccer experience on the go, but I have no faith in EA launch titles)

From the 'launch window' releases, I would definitely also pick up Disgaea 3 on release and likely Ninja Gaiden as well (as long as it is not jacked). Silent Hill interests me, but I likely could wait for a price drop on it.

What about everyone else? What are you truly excited for and what do you have your eye on?

I am getting uncharted and hot shots golf at launch. I am thinking about getting Disgaea 3 and Lumines. I also want Ragnarok Odyssey to come to the US.

I'm deciding between Wipeout 2048 (played at GameStop, looks amazing) and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, probably the latter. Will hold off on Uncharted until price drop.

I'm really only getting a Vita for MLB The Show which isn't technically a launch title, but I am getting Hot Shots Golf to hold me over since that series never disppoints.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm really only getting a Vita for MLB The Show which isn't technically a launch title, but I am getting Hot Shots Golf to hold me over since that series never disppoints.[/QUOTE]

Definitely interested in MLB as well, as long as the reviews/impressions convince me that the game can carry over to the Vita as well as it did with PS3. I am confident they can though, given that the PSP titles were solid. I am expecting them to be better than those though.

[quote name='AndrewCP']I'm deciding between Wipeout 2048 (played at GameStop, looks amazing) and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, probably the latter. Will hold off on Uncharted until price drop.[/QUOTE]

fuck yea, Wipeout just looks sick and is a great launch type experience. I haven't played any version of MvC3, so UMvC3 is definitely tempting. It would be cool to have a good fighter on the Vita, but again, I need to read some reviews to make sure it holds up as a portable title.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Definitely interested in MLB as well, as long as the reviews/impressions convince me that the game can carry over to the Vita as well as it did with PS3. I am confident they can though, given that the PSP titles were solid. I am expecting them to be better than those though.[/QUOTE]

The Vita version looks leaps and bounds better than any PSP version IMO. It's pretty much feature-for-feature on par with the PS3 version and of course that whole "play your franchise and RTTS seamlessly across both versions" is what instantly sold me on it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']The Vita version looks leaps and bounds better than any PSP version IMO. It's pretty much feature-for-feature on par with the PS3 version and of course that whole "play your franchise and RTTS seamlessly across both versions" is what instantly sold me on it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is a pretty badass feature. I remember them touting that one year for the PSP version and it never coming to fruition.

It does look amazing, but I am always leery of them having all the nuances down with the new hardware to completely replicate that sim feel from the PS3. I am willing to bet it will, but I will need confirmation before I jump in.

I've already beaten Uncharted (great game) but at U.S. release I've preordered:

ModNation Racers
Virtua Tennis 4
Army Corps of Hell
Little Deviants
Hot Shots Golf

I'm thinking of importing Gravity Rush (English version) but I haven't decided yet.

Launch window I've preordered Disgaea 3 and Mortal Kombat.

[quote name='majorscud']I've already beaten Uncharted (great game) but at U.S. release I've preordered:

ModNation Racers
Virtua Tennis 4
Army Corps of Hell
Little Deviants
Hot Shots Golf

I'm thinking of importing Gravity Rush (English version) but I haven't decided yet.

Launch window I've preordered Disgaea 3 and Mortal Kombat.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you have played any of the console Uncharteds, how does the Vita one stack up?

Definitely:
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • Super Stardust
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Escape Plan
  • Hustle Kings

Maybe:
  • Lumines (I want to try a demo first)
  • Modnation Racers (I'm bummed about the lack of online racing)

All that, plus my old PSP titles and minis should keep me occupied long enough for Plus discounts and freebies to start hitting the V.

Hmm, maybe the question for me is which games didn't I get. Anyways here's what I got:

-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Virtua Tennis 4
-UMvC 3
-Touch My Katamari
-Rayman Origins
-Lumines Electric Symphony
-Wipeout 2048
-BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
-Dynasty Warriors Next
-Michael Jackson The Experience
-Superstar Dust Delta
-Escape Plan
-Samurai Shodown (PSP)
-Powerstone Collection (PSP)
-Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSP)

And of course I got Mortal Kombat on pre-order. I think I'm good for a while, lol.

^lol I also pre-ordered Mortal Kombat. I didn't want to go in GameStop and them not have any for non-reserves. That happened with UMVC3 so I got it at Target and that's all I have. That said I'm really enjoying the game never have played any other versions of MVC3 and it's my favorite game in a while. I swear I've gone through three battery charges playing it.

Do SNK PSN games ever go on sale or am I better off just buying what I want right now? Looking at Metal Slug Anthology having previously owned it on UMD and the KOF collection when it comes out on Vita PSN store.

bread's done
Back