what music dvds are awesome?

thisiswack

CAGiversary!
With the ddd sale coming up, I was thinking about buying some music dvds. Are there any that you would recommend? I like music that is good if that helps.

[quote name='thisiswack']I didn't realize the white stripes dvd was that cheap. thanks saucy[/QUOTE]

No problem. I might pick it up myself.

THE WORK OF DIRECTOR MICHEL GONDRY - Chronicles many many great videos, of note White Stripes Fell In Love With A Girl and Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground. Great collection adn I plan on picking it up myself.

BEASTIE BOYS-DVD VIDEO ANTHOLOGY - Just great

THE WORK OF DIRECTOR SPIKE JONZE - 2003 - Another great one similiar to the Gondry one.

[quote name='thisiswack']With the ddd sale coming up, I was thinking about buying some music dvds. Are there any that you would recommend? I like music that is good if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Brian Wilson Presents Smile is pretty kick ass. It's a 2 disc set that has a documentary about Brian and the story behind Smile on one disc and then a live performance of the whole album on the other disc.

*EDIT* Also it is only 19.95 so it's a great value.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=RHI970415

The Led Zepelin one- How the West was won. That is a badass music DVD. Also Jimi Hendrix Isle of Wright.

I also recommend AC/DC Family Jewels.

[quote name='Fire']THE WORK OF DIRECTOR MICHEL GONDRY - Chronicles many many great videos, of note White Stripes Fell In Love With A Girl and Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground. Great collection adn I plan on picking it up myself.

BEASTIE BOYS-DVD VIDEO ANTHOLOGY - Just great

THE WORK OF DIRECTOR SPIKE JONZE - 2003 - Another great one similiar to the Gondry one.[/QUOTE]

I'll vouch for Gondry's work. It's insane.

If you want all of them, there's a set that includes the above 2 + Chris Cunningham (scary and warped stuff) plus a fourth bonus DVD. Might as well just get that.

Metallica Live SHit Binge and Purge is the best one eva. Its three cds of a concert in Mexico City in 93 and Two dvds bvoth about 3 hours one filmed in Seattle during the Justice Tour and one in San Deigo filmed back in 92. Its about 50 bucks.

[quote name='Strell']I'll vouch for Gondry's work. It's insane.

If you want all of them, there's a set that includes the above 2 + Chris Cunningham (scary and warped stuff) plus a fourth bonus DVD. Might as well just get that.[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to find that one on DDD, anyone have link by any chance?

Roger Waters - In The Flesh. Amazing performance and in my opinion this is WAY better than that overhyped overrated dreck that David Gilmour's Pink Floyd Tribute Band did with P.U.L.S.E.

Drowning Pool: Sinema - Lots of bonuses outside of videos of various names around the rock world talking about Dave and there are some videos of Dave hanging out with Dimebag Darrell and of other homevideos that DP has.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I do what I can :lol:[/QUOTE]

Another great recommendation would be whoever does the Lazer Tag theme.

"Look out behind you..." :rofl:

I can't believe no one has mentioned "Stop Making Sense" by the talking heads. It's EASILY one of the greatest music dvds of all time. Seriously.

Also, Smile and the Beastie Boys Anthology are awesome buys (but the censored the Boys in the anthology, what the hell was up with that? Oh well, still worth it!).

Some personal faves:

Peter Gabriel / Secret Garden
Talking Heads / Stop Making Sense
Frank Zappa / Does Humor Belong in Music?

Yeah, they're old, but so am I.

I second that Tenacios D Complete Masterworks. I also second that Metallica one. The Tenacious D one is only 12 bucks at DDD. And the Metallica one is well they only have a VHS version for some odd reason. But weather it be 40 or 100 dallors its totally worth getting. Amazon has it for 50.

They don't have Stop Making Sense at ddd.:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: I thought that was in my wishlist since the last sale, but now it's gone.
Dark-star, can you recommend any dead dvds?
I'm just guessing from your name and all...

Zeppelin

Was going to suggest Salival (Tool), but DDD doesn't seem to carry it. Has all the videos which came out before Lateralus and a nice CD companion with a few unreleased tracks and some awesome live shit. (No Quarter, You Lied)

Edit: What about Pink Floyd -- The Wall? Dunno if you'd consider it more of an actual movie or not...

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Zeppelin

Was going to suggest Salival (Tool), but DDD doesn't seem to carry it. Has all the videos which came out before Lateralus and a nice CD companion with a few unreleased tracks and some awesome live shit. (No Quarter, You Lied)

Edit: What about Pink Floyd -- The Wall? Dunno if you'd consider it more of an actual movie or not...[/QUOTE]

Salival's been OOP for a few years, unfortunately I missed my chance and don't care enough to pay ebay prices. :cry:

Put this in, crank it up, thank me later

ATL01989D.jpg

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ATL01989D

[quote name='dark-star']Some personal faves:

Peter Gabriel / Secret Garden
Talking Heads / Stop Making Sense
Frank Zappa / Does Humor Belong in Music?

Yeah, they're old, but so am I.[/QUOTE]

Good music never gets old. I second the Zappa, but I'm going to distance myself from Peter Gabriel. I'm not a fan, but I'm not coming down on him.

[quote name='Fire']BEASTIE BOYS-DVD VIDEO ANTHOLOGY - Just great.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Peter Gabriel's 'Growing Up Live' is also really good.

New Order: ITEM is fantastic, but only if you're a big fan (like me)
all the videos, plus a two-hour documentary=New Order fan heaven

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been...amazing.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that is really good. I forgot that one.

[quote name='thisiswack']They don't have Stop Making Sense at ddd.:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: I thought that was in my wishlist since the last sale, but now it's gone.
I'm just guessing from your name and all...[/QUOTE]

I like most of the "View From the Vault" series, you can peruse the setlists on each one to see what strikes your fancy. Closing of Winterland is a classic if you're into the sound from that era. I just about :puke:when I hear Donna's voice, though.

as someone else mentioned, get the tenacious d "complete masterworks" dvd. it's great, and you can get it for less than $10 from the sale.

also, get "dig!". it's not a concert dvd, it's more of a documentary, but it's really good, even if you don't like the brian jonestown massacre or the dandy warhols (i'm not much of a fan of either band).

[quote name='thisiswack']
I'm just guessing from your name and all...[/QUOTE]

My suggestion for Grateful Dead the Movie wasnt good enough? :sad:

I got the avatar and the sig and everything. jk Anyway I havent seen them yet but if you want another Dead suggestion you could get The Closing of Winterland, View From the Vault, Ticket to New Years, Downhill From Here, etc.

[quote name='$hady']They made a dvd about a Barenaked Ladies song?[/QUOTE]

Oh Dear God I hope you're joking.

If not, I weep for our youth. If so, I wish you had put a winky-face. ;)

edit: when I saw Brian Wilson a few years ago he opened with that BNL song, and then did Pet Sounds in it's entirety. Awesome.

[quote name='megashock5']New Order: ITEM is fantastic, but only if you're a big fan (like me)
all the videos, plus a two-hour documentary=New Order fan heaven[/QUOTE]

I never got into New Order, but I love Joy Division... curious

bread's done
Back