What? No Prey demo thread yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKPartisan

CAGiversary!
OK, so I know that Prey basically looks like a mindless shooter with the same drab, overly gross art as Doom 3, but I have to say that I really enjoyed the demo. Actually, I am amazed with how much I enjoyed it.

Even long after I had run through it, I was still looking back and thinking "wow, was really cool!" I wouldn't call it particularly innovative, but I would say that it is pretty creative. I'm not sure if it is 3D Realms' influence, or purely Human Head, but all the little touches make it great. If it is the doing of 3D Realms, then I have to draw the parallel to Duke Nukem 3D. Quirky weapons like the shrink gun totally remind me of little things like the sniper scope on the first gun. It may be nothing more than a clever animation, but the first time I used it I exclaimed "holy shit!" then proceeded to switch back and forth over and over again yelling at my little brother, "check this out!". Then you have all the funny comments from the character as well as the toilet interaction. I really hope the final version plays up the puzzle solving elements.

I couldn't care less about running around shooting guys, but exploring the environments, walking on gravity paths, and solving puzzles like the one where you send your body on the conveyor while in spirit mode
make the game stand out IMO. Anyway, it's not like I have never seen things like this in a game before, but I do think that they have presented them in a cool way, and i am really looking forward to playing through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back