What number console are you on? 3RLOD

Just checked the poll results and read the posts. Kind of discouraging, but my two cousins and a former co-worker are still on their first Xbox 360 systems.

Still on my first 360 which I bought used on craigslist 2 years ago. Guess I'm pretty lucky.

On the other hand my wii broke a few months ago

[quote name='BowserClownCar']This thread is not inspiring me to get a 360. :cry:Looks like I'll wait around for Jasper reports or get a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Since I don't know what it's like to ever have an xbox fail in over 3 years, maybe you shouldn't listen to me, but the three year warranty should put your mind at ease.

[quote name='BowserClownCar']This thread is not inspiring me to get a 360. :cry:Looks like I'll wait around for Jasper reports or get a PS3.[/quote]

I was thinking the same way before I got mine, and this was almost two years, when the failure rate was still really, really pathetic. But I rolled the dice, anyway. I love the 360, but damn, it's really annoying when you lose it for a few weeks. It's also not fun looking at the OLDER refurb they sent me, which I know will die eventually.

I'm on number 7...or is it 8 now? I'm not sure. It's at least 7. The worst part was getting one around launch and having to wait 2 months every time it broke because circuit city was sold out of them. They need to make a RROD punch card. When I hit my 10th RROD I should get a free game for my trouble.

I'm on number 2. First one lasted about 2 and half years from ebay new. The refurbished one is going strong. Got that in Oct/Nov 08.

[quote name='dbrev42']i though Microsoft already fixed the problem?[/quote]

Can't be truly fixed, not without a total redesign of the 360's interior. The newer chipsets, though, have decreased the rate of failure.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Can't be truly fixed, not without a total redesign of the 360's interior. The newer chipsets, though, have decreased the rate of failure.[/quote]
Shit...i bet its not even possible to buy a warranty after purchase. :roll:

bread's done
Back