What podcasts do you listen to?

illway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I hadn't thought much about podcasts until I bought an iPod Classic the other day. I'm sure at least some of you listen to the CAG podcast :p

But is there seriously a podcast out there for everyone? What are your favorites?

For gaming podcasts, I only listen to the CAGcast and the 1UP Yours Podcast...I like the GayGamer podcast but they don't update very often. I've tried others but they really just get redundant after a while.

I also listen to:
Dan Savage's Savage Love Podcast
Countdown with Keith Olbermann
Real Time with Bill Maher
Filmspotting (indie film reviews/commentary)
Real Synthetic Audio (industrial/ebm music)
Indie Feed Electronica (another music 'cast)

Actually, now that I look at this list I'm surprised I even have time to listen to music on my Zune!

CAGcast (toilet humor... and sometimes about video games)
Diggnation (digg-related stuffs)
Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson (Xbox 360)
Boagworld (web design)

I haven't actually listened to any of these for a while.

New to the podcast scene, but so far I have been listening to

Democracy Now! The War and Peace Report
BBC Global News
BusinessWeek Cover Story
The Adam Carolla Radio Show
C-Span Newsmakers
Engadget
Baseball Propectus
The Onion Radio News
Peter Day's World of Business
Fox News Radio
Newsweek on Air
SModcast
TWIT
Wall Street Journal This Morning

[quote name='paddlefoot']

TWIT
[/quote]

heh, I actually bought one of these
prod_tees_hoodie_v2_lg.jpg

On the front of the hoodie it says "TWIT" and the other day someone asked me if I enjoyed that podcast. I just stared at the guy and said "what? >_>"

I didn't have a clue that TWIT was a podcast. I thought it was just some silly ancronym for something. The hoodie is great though.

The Ricky Gervais Podcasts are all you need.

I also listen to the CAGcast, 1UP Yours and sometimes EGM Live if I'm looking for something else. Between the CAGcast and 1UP Yours that's typically 4+ hours per week which is all I have time for.

"Best Podcast?" threads seem to crop up every other week. Oh well, I guess it's a trend.

My favorites:
CAGcast
GFW Radio
1UP Yours
Game Zone Radio
1UP.com Retronauts

I recommend you try 1UP Yours (best source for gaming industry news) and GFW (whacky fun!) for anybody who hasn't yet. Even though GFW is PC gaming centric, you don't need to be a PC gamer to enjoy it.

As of late, I've been 3 weeks or a month behind on my podcast listening. But when I've got the time to listen to my other subscribed podcasts, I get to fall back on:
Major Nelson
Gamespot's HotSpot
Penny Arcade
Bungie Studios

• 1Up Yours
  • BrewCrazy – homebrew and craft beer
  • CAGCast
  • Coast to Coast AM – Through Streamlink the previous night’s radio show automatically downloads each morning.
  • Craft Beer Radio
  • DogWatch Cigar Radio – Best cigar podcast that I’ve found. They even include “dark side” review.
  • The Economist (an audio version of the magazine)
  • The FitCast
  • Gamers With Jobs
  • The Intelligence Report – Mark Koernke’s WTPRN show, which is archived daily. He can be a bit too out there at times; but I usually only listen to Weapons Wednesday anyway.
  • MajorNelson
  • The NHB Show – MMA news and interviews
  • Wreckless Media Radio – just plain silliness

[quote name='CannibalCrowley']
  • 1Up Yours
  • CAGCast
  • Coast to Coast AM – Through Streamlink the previous night’s radio show automatically downloads each morning.
  • Craft Beer Radio
  • DogWatch Cigar Radio – Best cigar podcast that I’ve found. They even include “dark side” review.
  • The Economist (an audio version of the magazine)
  • The FitCast
  • Gamers With Jobs
  • The Intelligence Report – Mark Koernke’s WTPRN show, which is archived daily. He can be a bit too out there at times; but I usually only listen to Weapons Wednesday anyway.
  • MajorNelson
  • The NHB Show – MMA news and interviews
  • Wreckless Media Radio – just plain silliness
[/QUOTE]

I would totally get the Coast to Coast AM podcast if I didn't have to pay for it.. i refuse to pay for something thats free for everyone else.. (same thing with Lex and terry..)

I listen to a few

Tekzillia
Ifanboy (the video podcast)
The 1up Show
Major Nelson's podcast
Cagcast
Cagforeplay
Radio From Hell with Kerry Bill and Gina

I'd also listen to Coast to Coast AM too, but yeah, you gotta pay for it. Are there any other good paranormal/conspiracy podcasts? That are free, of course.

CAGCast
1UP Yours
EGM Live
Ask Mike (Mike Nelson of MST3K fame's Rifftrax Podcast)
They Might Be Giants Friday Night Family Podcast (Music videos from the band's childrens albums)
They Might Be Giants Podcast (TMBG music not aimed at the families)

I listen to

• Cagcast
  • Cag Foreplay
  • GoNintendo Podcast
  • Two Jacks in the Hole
  • Diggnation
  • Poker Road Radio
  • Big Poker Sundays
  • Joystiq Podcast
  • Starkville's House of El
  • Three Red Lights
  • Podcast Beyond
  • To Catch an Editor
  • Game Scoop!
  • Wiik in Review

[quote name='illway']I hadn't thought much about podcasts until I bought an iPod Classic the other day. I'm sure at least some of you listen to the CAG podcast :p

But is there seriously a podcast out there for everyone? What are your favorites?[/quote]

Munch? Is that you?

I listen to CAGcast and 1upyours. And CAG Foreplay on the occassion there's a new episode :bomb:.

[quote name='PRMega']
Ask Mike (Mike Nelson of MST3K fame's Rifftrax Podcast)
[/quote]

Oh shit! I didnt know this existed! I have to start listening to it immediately. MST3k = best show ever.

[quote name='CannibalCrowley']
[/QUOTE]

I'll have to add that.

CAGCast
Cook's Illustrated Video Podcast
Epicurious
IndieFeed: Alternative/Modern Rock
KillRockStars Video Podcast
Maximumrocknroll podcast
Onion News Network (Video)
Onion Radio News

I also greatly miss the now defunct Adrenaline Radio. It was my favorite podcast.

i listen to

allgamesradio
1up
cagcast
achievement junkie
bungie
3 red rings
podcast beyond
player 1
major nelsons
joystiq
hardcore christian gamer
uncle gamer

lost (from the producers)
battlestar galactica (from the producers)
hereos (can't remeber the name of the show)

Cagcast
1up Yours

And I just started listening to Nobody Likes Onions and Keith and the girl, which I find both to be pretty good. I would check them out.

[quote name='Maklershed']
Oh shit! I didnt know this existed! I have to start listening to it immediately. MST3k = best show ever.[/QUOTE]

The podcasts are short, but if you like MST3K, definitely check out www.riftrax.com. It's Mike (and sometimes special guests, including Bill Corbett (Crow) and Kevin Murphy (Servo)) doing what they do best :)

Geeknights (Topics range from Technology, to Games, to Anime, and they update 4 times a week)

Dave and Joel's Fast Karate for the Gentlemen (Just making fun of anime/video games)

WNYC Radio Lab

This American Life

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

[quote name='PRMega']The podcasts are short, but if you like MST3K, definitely check out www.riftrax.com. It's Mike (and sometimes special guests, including Bill Corbett (Crow) and Kevin Murphy (Servo)) doing what they do best :)[/QUOTE]

yeah the ask mike ones are way too short.. (if only they were a half hour in length) don't forget www.cinmatictitanic.com where Joel and everyone else who ever worked on MST3K riffs old bad movies..

however my favorite rifftrax has got to spider man.

I have my headphones on all day at work everyday so I have a ton of podcasts and I listen to audiobooks as well.

The non gaming ones I listen to are:
CNN News Update
The Digital Story (photography stuff)
Lonely Planet Travelcasts
The Naked Scientist (not what it sounds like, its a BBC radio show)
NBC Meet the Press
Nightline
NPR: Wait Wait Don't Tell me! (current events quiz show, fun!)
Slate Explainer Podcast (they answer questions about the news like why british soldiers don't have to shave their heads)
Slate Magazine Daily Podcast (one article from slate mon-thursday and then a political discussion on fridays)
This Week in Law
This Week in Photography

Tech podcasts:
Cranky Geeks
The Tech guy
Mac Cast
Security Now!
MacBreak Weekly
This Week in Tech
The Daily GizWiz
Geekbrief TV (Cali Lewis is totally hot)
Tekzilla

Internet/Culture
Mahalo Daily (Ditto for Veronica Belmont)
NPR: Fresh Air
The Totally Rad Show (they cover gaming, movies, comics, etc)
Diggnation
Itunes New Music Tuesday
net@night
This American Life

Gaming Stuff:
CAGcast
CAGforeplay
1up Radio (EGM Live, 1up Yours, GFW etc) GFW is particularly good
Three Red Lights (IGN's 360 podcast, imho the only ign podcast worth listening to)
Joystiq Podcast
PC Gamer Podcast
Major Nelson
Player One Podcast

every podcast 1up puts out is gold
1up yours
egm live
sports anomoly
retronauts
gfw radio
the cagcast
cagforeplay
xbox 360 fanboy
the movie blog uncut
twit
most of the stuff revision 3 puts out
techzilla
ifanboy
diggnation
totally rad show
major nelson
and the weekly geek
thats what i listen to every week

[quote name='afedock']Cagcast
1up Yours

And I just started listening to Nobody Likes Onions and Keith and the girl, which I find both to be pretty good. I would check them out.[/quote]

Keith and the girl is really good, I listened to it almost everyday up until around episode 350. I occasionally go back and listen to some new ones, but I highly recommend it.

I also listen to the CAGcast and CAG foreplay with the Shipwrecks.

Tony Kornheiser Show
Bionic Commando's Top Secret File
Criterion's Crash FM
The Kojima Productions Report
Insomniac's Full Moon Show
1up Yours
GFW Radio
Retronauts
Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly
EGM Live
HotSpot
Arrow Pointing Down Podcast
CAGcast
CAG Foreplay
Cranky Geeks
DL.TV

[quote name='Milkyman']I have my headphones on all day at work everyday so I have a ton of podcasts and I listen to audiobooks as well.

The non gaming ones I listen to are:
CNN News Update
The Digital Story (photography stuff)
Lonely Planet Travelcasts
The Naked Scientist (not what it sounds like, its a BBC radio show)
NBC Meet the Press
Nightline
NPR: Wait Wait Don't Tell me! (current events quiz show, fun!)
Slate Explainer Podcast (they answer questions about the news like why british soldiers don't have to shave their heads)
Slate Magazine Daily Podcast (one article from slate mon-thursday and then a political discussion on fridays)
This Week in Law
This Week in Photography

Tech podcasts:
Cranky Geeks
The Tech guy
Mac Cast
Security Now!
MacBreak Weekly
This Week in Tech
The Daily GizWiz
Geekbrief TV (Cali Lewis is totally hot)
Tekzilla

Internet/Culture
Mahalo Daily (Ditto for Veronica Belmont)
NPR: Fresh Air
The Totally Rad Show (they cover gaming, movies, comics, etc)
Diggnation
Itunes New Music Tuesday
net@night
This American Life

Gaming Stuff:
CAGcast
CAGforeplay
1up Radio (EGM Live, 1up Yours, GFW etc) GFW is particularly good
Three Red Lights (IGN's 360 podcast, imho the only ign podcast worth listening to)
Joystiq Podcast
PC Gamer Podcast
Major Nelson
Player One Podcast[/QUOTE]

is there enough hours in the week to listen to all those.. my radio from hell is 3 hours five days a week.. plus 2 hours for the cag ones and maybe 1 or 2 for the other ones.. but i still occasionally get behind.. do you have like a 3 hour drive to work or something?

[quote name='urzishra14']is there enough hours in the week to listen to all those.. my radio from hell is 3 hours.. plus 2 hours for the cag ones and maybe 1 or 2 for the other ones.. but i still occasionally get behind.. do you have like a 3 hour drive to work or something?[/QUOTE]

I listen on the way to, during and from work

i assume you listen to them at work too.. by my comute is less than 2 miles to work and back and i work 40 hours a week.. but i get podcast fatigue after i listen to mulitple video game podcasts when they start talking about the same things that the other one talks about so i lose interest.. its just kind of amazing because that is a lot of content to listen to in a week

A ton of podcasts have been listed, but can anyone narrow some down to podcasts to deal with current events, including anything..gaming, movies, world news, whatever. Nothing too dry though >

[quote name='illway']A ton of podcasts have been listed, but can anyone narrow some down to podcasts to deal with current events, including anything..gaming, movies, world news, whatever. Nothing too dry though >

[quote name='javeryh']The Ricky Gervais Podcasts are all you need.

I also listen to the CAGcast, 1UP Yours and sometimes EGM Live if I'm looking for something else. Between the CAGcast and 1UP Yours that's typically 4+ hours per week which is all I have time for.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Ricky Gervais podcasts are hands down the best things out there but you have to be careful what your doing and where your listening as these will definitely cause uncontrolable fits of laughter.

[quote name='joserjerr']I agree that the Ricky Gervais podcasts are hands down the best things out there but you have to be careful what your doing and where your listening as these will definitely cause uncontrolable fits of laughter.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you have to pay for that podcast?

Time to be an odd man out:

I listen to the CAGCast from time to time.

Automotive-wise, I like CarTalk, the defunct Jalopnik Podcast, and The Truth About Cars Podcast.

But my real passion in podcasts are Walt Disney World related. I listen to three religiously. The WDW Radio Show, Inside the Magic, and WDW Today. I listen to these at every opportunity possible. /end total loser-ness/

bread's done
Back