What PSN games do YOU regret buying?

Mortal Kombat II - It was good, for a while, but I could have really done without it. I've had more fun with Championship Sprint - I love that game.

im hoping that fat princess isn't going to be a waste of my money when it comes along and im very glad that there was a demo for the garbage that is pixeljunk eden

Pixel Junk Eden. Maybe it isn't bad, but I haven't played it much. Braid and Bionic Commando were much better XBLA/PSN purchases. I might go back to it, but it got way to repetitive to me.

I currently own

Pixel Junk Monsters
Pixel Junk Eden
Super Stardust HD
flOw
Everyday Shooter
Tekken Dark Resurrection

and I don't regret buying any so far.

[quote name='chodax']I am surprised at how many people disliked LocoRoco. I loved the PSP version and the PSN version doesn't even come close, but I still think it is really fun.[/quote]

I loved the PSP verison. The PSN one has no point, just go around trying to collect as many locorocos as you can, gets old fast. I was expecting levels and objectives or something. At least it wasn't ten dollars, otherwise I would really hate myself for buying it.

Locoroco Cocorecho (sp?). Thats not even a game. The PSP one is fantastic though.

Otherwise, I own Tekken (love it), Everyday Shooter (Love it), PJM and Piyotama (haven't played either yet).

[quote name='Thongsy']I loved the PSP verison. The PSN one has no point, just go around trying to collect as many locorocos as you can, gets old fast. I was expecting levels and objectives or something. At least it wasn't ten dollars, otherwise I would really hate myself for buying it.[/quote]

Try collecting them all. It gets fun :cool:

[quote name='mtxbass1']I don't understand all the Everyday Shooter hate. I love the game personally. Every level is unique.[/quote]

I think the 'uniqueness' is part of why I don't like it?

Something about the guitar strains reminds me of standing in a subway station for a late train, while a stoned out fellow who can /barely/ play guitar is strumming, hoping for people to drop spare chain in his dirty Red Socks hat. And it's just another Shooter. I suppose I've played and hated so many of those in my short life, ever since the days of Atari, that I'm getting tired of the genre. I'm not sure why I love SSHD if the above is true. :whistle2:k

Everyday Shooter would have to be the first PSN game that I honestly regret buying. I heard so much excited hype about it, so I bought it on trust.

I've enjoyed everything else I have: Rocketmen, Econochrome, SSHD (my favorite), and Bionic Commando Rearmed

Last edited by a moderator:
ya im really hating the ps3 right now since ff13 went non exclusive, and my friend playing all has games for free on his modded xbox360 makes me wanna cry.

[quote name='mi3nboi']ya im really hating the ps3 right now since ff13 went non exclusive, and my friend playing all has games for free on his modded xbox360 makes me wanna cry.[/QUOTE]

So you're complaining because HALF of the FFXIII games have gone multiplatform (remember, Versus XIII is PS3 only!) and because your friend is breaking all kinds of laws?

[quote name='zenprime']I'm really debating SIREN. I really want that game(DEMO scared the crap out me. A-), but I'd prefer to have it on BD, even if all it does is install the game onto the hardrive.[/QUOTE]

Siren is great. But think about this for a second. You can always get the game again, for free, from PSN. Either way, BD or PSN, it installs to your hard drive, and you can remove it at any time. The BD costs $20 more to import.

YES. I know you can't trade or sell the game. But why are you buying it if you're just going to ditch it after you beat it? Shouldn't you just use Gamefly and NEVER buy games then? It's a stupid argument.

[quote name='deadgopher']Siren is great. But think about this for a second. You can always get the game again, for free, from PSN. Either way, BD or PSN, it installs to your hard drive, and you can remove it at any time. The BD costs $20 more to import.

YES. I know you can't trade or sell the game. But why are you buying it if you're just going to ditch it after you beat it? Shouldn't you just use Gamefly and NEVER buy games then? It's a stupid argument.[/quote]

I never said I was going to sell it after I beat it, maybe later years down the road when I'm unloading this generation for the next. And Gamefly would be a pointless on a person like me. I prefer having a physical copy of things, even if I'm just ripping the data to use digitally, I'm just old school that way. Yeah I've got several PSN games, and I'm fine with it. But I've got Warhawk on BD, and I'd much prefer SIREN that way as well. That way I can I let my friends and family borrow the game easily. For convenience, peace of mind, and sparing me download times whenever I want to play it again, the import fees would be worth it to me.

[quote name='zenprime']I never said I was going to sell it after I beat it, maybe later years down the road when I'm unloading this generation for the next. And Gamefly would be a pointless on a person like me. I prefer having a physical copy of things, even if I'm just ripping the data to use digitally, I'm just old school that way. Yeah I've got several PSN games, and I'm fine with it. But I've got Warhawk on BD, and I'd much prefer SIREN that way as well. That way I can I let my friends and family borrow the game easily. For convenience, peace of mind, and sparing me download times whenever I want to play it again, the import fees would be worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my second paragraph sounded really hostile, I mean, it was supposed to be a LITTLE hostile ;) but every time I've brought up the many pros of digital distribution I get that stuff thrown in my face. Call it a pre-emptive re-rebuttal... of sorts.

I've bought most of the PSN games... be easier to list the ones I *didnt* buy!
Anyways... I regret Go Sports Ski!, Locoroco (nothing at all like the PSP game I liked). Everyday shooter was .. bleh. I wouldn't miss it, if it magically left my account.
Certainly a lot more awesome games that have come out on the PSN vs bad ones, IMO.
Super Stardust HD is absolutely awesome, and Bionic Commando is pretty fun too.

[quote name='deadgopher']So you're complaining because HALF of the FFXIII games have gone multiplatform (remember, Versus XIII is PS3 only!) and because your friend is breaking all kinds of laws?[/QUOTE]

Cool i didn't know that, its just that xbox 360 has more of the games i want to play now since most are becoming multiplatform and yes.

I wish i had everyday shooter over pain. I can have a lot of fun with pain but am dissapointed. I hope the new level isn't more than 5 bucks otherwise i won't get it.

I expected alot of "Pain" - BOY was I right ;P

I own (actually paid for myself)
-Pixeljunk Monsters + Encore
-Pixeljunk Eden
-SSHD
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed

All great games in their own right. PJM itself took up at least 2 months of my gaming. What a great game!

Deffinatley HVB. I just feel if I want to play a bowling game I'll play Wii sports. The game also feels really repetitive affter a while, even for a bowling game.

So far I have:
PJMonsters
PJEden
Various Rock Band tracks
Bionic Commando
Siren
Echochrome
R&C:QfB

through PSN and no regrets. Although everything but PJM was through gamesharing. I think I'd be far more critical if I was paying full price (especially with Siren). But everything so far has been a game I *want* to play and have a hard time deciding between. I'm glad I stayed away from Pain, Loco Rocco, PJRacers, and some of the earlier games that no one seems to be happy with anymore.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I regret entering in the code to download Pain for free.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I really hate Pain and it was free =/

SSHD is cool and all, but it really sucks that you have to buy the extra packs to get all the trophies. I personally don't care for trophies, but I still think it sucks for the ppl that want them all. The basic game and trying to top my own score (and custom soundtracks) is good enough.

PAIN is fun for about 5 minutes but gets kinda boring. I paid 4.99 for it and think that its way too much. Sucks for anyone who bought it full price.

If I could have sold my Pain code for something, then I regret DLing that. I like the game but it gets old, I don't have the patience to master a game like that, and it is lame you have to be signed on to use it

bread's done
Back