What psp games do you recommend?

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!
I've never really bothered touching my psp but I'm interested in getting games for it.

What games have I missed out on? Is Monster Hunter good? What about Blazblue?

Thanks for the suggestions.

it really depends on what kind of games you enjoy. i found the first person shooters to not be that fun on the psp even though they got great reviews, ive been playing Persona and LittleBigPlanet a lot right now.

My PSP has been shelved, along with my DS and 360 (I don't travel much anymore, and I picked up MW:2 for the PS3, everything else that is on the PC), so I can't really give a recent recommendation.

That being said, I still enjoy the occasional 5-10 minute round of Lumines on the PSP. Monster Hunter for the PSP is huge in Japan, not so much here, but ymmv.

I guess the biggest problem for the PSP right now is that it doesn't really have that many killer game apps being released at all for it. I think you'll have better luck picking up a $10ish dollar PSN game for it, like PixelJunk Monsters, or that game that you get to literally saw ships in half (don't remember the name), or even pick up a Mini or two (Fortix being a favorite of a friend of mine).

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? is my favorite PSP game, but I think most will hate it. (It's really hard... I'm still a little surprised that I beat the final boss.) The Mega Man remakes are cool and Half-Minute Hero is pretty fun.

Both my Sony PSP and Nintendo DS have been shelved for the past 1/2 year. After having purchased both handheld systems, I've found that I am just not much of a portable gamer. That is not to say I did not have fun with them; I did. I just have not had the itch to actually pick them up and turn them on. I suppose I attribute that to the fact that I am not a very on-the-go type guy. I rarely travel and do not have a very long commute to work / school. When I do have some down time around the house, I'd much rather fire up my good old consoles than spend hours looking into a tiny ass screen. But to answer your question..... some of my fond memories on the PSP were spend playing:

• Puzzle Quest
  • Wipeout Pure
  • Space Invaders Extreme
  • Lumines
  • Hot Shots Golf

All these games offer a pretty good pick-up and play experience.

Haven't touched my psp in a while becuase of my 360 having plenty of games for me to play.

But the games i invest time into on my psp the most were...

Monster Hunter Unite
Resistance Retribution (Multiplayer was actually fun)
Marvel Trading Card game
And any good turn based RPG like Joan of Arc.
God of War and Killzone were great but don't have them anymore.

The new Metal Gear is coming out next month for psp so i look forward to that. And there is a new God of War for psp being developed now by Ready at Dawn.

God of War Chains of Olympus, Patapon, Tekken, Out Run, Resistance, Sega Genesis Collection, SNK Collection and Gran Turismo

[quote name='bvharris']My favorite PSP game is Jeanne D'Arc. If you're a fan of SRPGs, it's really a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

This, so hard. Jeanne D'Arc is one of my favorite PSP games.

If you like traditional turn-based RPGs though, check out Brave Story.

Last time I played my PSP, GTA and some racing game (Burnout I think) were addicting. I think those and ModNation will be good pick ups.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']It's so easy to look up Metacritic or Gamerankings.
Why should we do the work for you? Not to be mean. :X[/QUOTE]

I really don't even bother with metacritic since reviews don't count for much. Deadly Premonition has a 66 and we all know it should be higher

[quote name='sbains']God of War Chains of Olympus, Patapon, Tekken, Out Run, Resistance, Sega Genesis Collection, SNK Collection and Gran Turismo[/QUOTE]

Do fighting games like tekken play well on the psp or does the analog stick take away from it?

Me & My Katamari, B-Boy, Power Stone Collection and Metal Slug Anthology. Those are the ones I can think off the top of my head that I have played that I liked.

It hard to recommend games if we don't know what type of games you like. Everybody have different taste; so you might get a lot of different answers. I hate games that rely on twin stick controls that convert to psp format like first person shooters or Katamari.

Here are some of game I though were good or solid

Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Loco Roco 1
Loca Roco 2
Jeanne D Arc
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - I didn't like it, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it.
FF Tactics: War of Lions
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Twisted Metal: Head-On
Mega Man Powered Up
Disgaea 1
Half-Minute Hero
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Silent Hill: Origins
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

[quote name='fatbeer']Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Loco Roco 1
Loca Roco 2
Jeanne D Arc
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - I didn't like it, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it.
FF Tactics: War of Lions
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Twisted Metal: Head-On
Mega Man Powered Up
Disgaea 1
Half-Minute Hero
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Silent Hill: Origins
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles[/QUOTE]

Can't leave MGS:pO out of that list, even if the new one is coming out soon.

IMO, PSP is good for RPGs. Many of the games I own on PSP are those and it's what I see most often on the GS shelves. Great for a long commute.

[quote name='bvharris']My favorite PSP game is Jeanne D'Arc. If you're a fan of SRPGs, it's really a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

This x1000. I just got it and it's GREAT.

[quote name='CloudStrife']Can't leave MGS:pO out of that list, even if the new one is coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

I did not enjoy Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. The whole Wi-Fi soldiers generation felt tacky and tack on. It didn't felt right for this genre compare to a Monster Rancher. I also hate the long tedious process of carry enemies soldiers to truck to recruit them. Most of stages in this game are small little hub world where you run to one designate location will cause the stage to end. Most of stages I played lasted 1-5 minutes. It felt like playing a pack of VR missions.

In the end, I got fed up with the game. I start using the password system and load up my tech and scouts to find all the locations. After wards, I start farming for rations and bum rush the game with Snake. The only thing I enjoyed was the comic book style art.

bread's done
Back