What PSP to get white or black?

anubis20

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Hey guys whays up. This is my dilemma, im buyin my girlfriend a PSP with three games (Lumines, Mercury, and Frantix, BTW Lumines is 19.99 @ Target and Mercury is 14.99 @ Target) for christmas. I currently have the PSP on layaway at my local K-Mart. I only owe $50 and i need to take it out on 11/22. I noticed that the price for a ceramic white PSP at Play-asia is $249. I have a black PSP, should i get her a white PSP to make her feel more special since she knows that the white PSP has not been released in America or should i not bother with it and leave it as it is. Help me out, based on CAG's input i'll make my decision. Thanks

[quote name='anubis20']Hey guys whays up. This is my dilemma, im buyin my girlfriend a PSP with three games (Lumines, Mercury, and Frantix, BTW Lumines is 19.99 @ Target and Mercury is 14.99 @ Target) for christmas. I currently have the PSP on layaway at my local K-Mart. I only owe $50 and i need to take it out on 11/22. I noticed that the price for a ceramic white PSP at Play-asia is $249. I have a black PSP, should i get her a white PSP to make her feel more special since she knows that the white PSP has not been released in America or should i not bother with it and leave it as it is. Help me out, based on CAG's input i'll make my decision. Thanks[/QUOTE]
The white ones can't play US UMDs, right? Why limit her features?

[quote name='jmcc']The white ones can't play US UMDs, right? Why limit her features?[/QUOTE]

I dont think she will use it to play Movie UMDs, the games are region free. She is not a movie junkie so i am positive that she wont use it for movies. She loves puzzle games and that is the main reason why i'm gettin it for her.

[quote name='camoor']I doubt she will care, get her the cheap one.[/QUOTE]

I mean, they are the same price. Its just a matter of what color.

The white one is more special and she will see it as a more thoughtful gift.

Get her the black one.

Btw, Frantix sucks, get Puzzle Bobble instead.

the white ones dont play U.S. umd's??? i did not know that. i was planning on buying a white one also.

anyways, if you want her to feel special, get her the white one. I bought my gf the candy pink DS and she feels really special especially when people notices her DS.

[quote name='Darwin23']the white ones dont play U.S. umd's??? i did not know that. i was planning on buying a white one also.

anyways, if you want her to feel special, get her the white one. I bought my gf the candy pink DS and she feels really special especially when people notices her DS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they dont play movie and music UMDs, but it does play US games.... I was thinking the same thing, her White PSP would get noticed ALOT more.

[quote name='earlje']sigh... as i said in another thread,

white psp = ipod wannabe[/QUOTE]

So I take it black ipod = psp wannabe?

[quote name='earlje']sigh... as i said in another thread,

white psp = ipod wannabe[/QUOTE]
Because Apple officially owns the rights to the color white now.

[quote name='anubis20']She loves puzzle games and that is the main reason why i'm gettin it for her.[/QUOTE]
Get her a Gameboy Color and Tetris DX.

[quote name='BIG5']Get her a Gameboy Color and Tetris DX.[/QUOTE]

I got my GF a white PSP, sadly she must only used it once or twice... and she was scare to take it anywhere, because of scratches & what-not....

I later sold it , and just got her a silver micro w/ tetris world...

she can't say enuff how much she liked it...

make sure she wants it before investing...

I read on PSP Hacks that you could downgrade the Japanese PSP (if its version 2.0) to version 1.5 and then re-install the US 2.0 Firmware to "Americanize" the PSP if the US UMD's is a big issue.

I didn't try it out (or even have a white PSP) but I was thinking about getting one and this was a concern as well.

That's stupid, there is actually a computer chip that controls the region.

Firmware has nothing to do with it.

Last night I watch the US Ghost in the Shell on my US PSP with Japanese 2.1 firmware

[quote name='Spoon_si']I got my GF a white PSP, sadly she must only used it once or twice... and she was scare to take it anywhere, because of scratches & what-not....

I later sold it , and just got her a silver micro w/ tetris world...

she can't say enuff how much she liked it...

make sure she wants it before investing...[/QUOTE]

Well she loves Lumines and she always bugged me about getting Mercury. I got frantix cheap on Ebay. I know she would love a PSP, as long as I get her puzzle games. BTW anyone know of any other good puzzle games? i heard smart bomb blows....

This my opinion. The white looks really bad. everything is WHITE. I would get black but I dont know you might like that weird color.

[quote name='anubis20']Well she loves Lumines and she always bugged me about getting Mercury. I got frantix cheap on Ebay. I know she would love a PSP, as long as I get her puzzle games. BTW anyone know of any other good puzzle games? i heard smart bomb blows....[/QUOTE]

hmm....how bout let your gf borrow your psp for lumines and mercury (which is a sucky game) and buy her a nintendo DS instead where they got lots of good puzzle games + nintendogs and gba compatible so she can play gba puzzle games also. PSP only got lumines as a good puzzle game.....its built more for non puzzle shooting,--- high graphics game. I think your gf might enjoy a DS more than a PSP.

[quote name='Darwin23']hmm....how bout let your gf borrow your psp for lumines and mercury (which is a sucky game) and buy her a nintendo DS instead where they got lots of good puzzle games + nintendogs and gba compatible so she can play gba puzzle games also. PSP only got lumines as a good puzzle game.....its built more for non puzzle shooting,--- high graphics game. I think your gf might enjoy a DS more than a PSP.[/QUOTE]

U have a great point, the DS might be better for her.

I currently have the PSP on layaway at my local K-Mart. I only owe $50 and i need to take it out on 11/22.

so your going to keep that one for yourself or not even pay the other 50.. cause dont you lose all your money you spent on lawaway.. I know that is the way it used to be 20 years ago if you didnt pay the bill they had the right to keep all your money and the items

[quote name='slidecage']I currently have the PSP on layaway at my local K-Mart. I only owe $50 and i need to take it out on 11/22.

so your going to keep that one for yourself or not even pay the other 50.. cause dont you lose all your money you spent on lawaway.. I know that is the way it used to be 20 years ago if you didnt pay the bill they had the right to keep all your money and the items[/QUOTE]

I used to work at the store that i have it on layaway, what ill do is pay it off and return it so that i can get my money back if i decided to get her a DS.

bread's done
Back