What punk song is this?

doodle777_98

CAGiversary!
Feedback
137 (100%)
When I was in high school(around 1998). A friend gave me a mixed tape that changed my life. I've found every song on it on my own except one. Some songs that were on there were

blink 182's degenerate
riverdales's blood on the ice
decendents's coffee mug
zoink's uma 14 times
mxpx's chick magnet

Anyways there was one song on there. I thought the song was called delaware. It sounded like the others, like early pop punk. I remember the lyrics going

"Dela-where are you. Tonight are you..." that was the chorus. Thats all I remember. I wish i could at least find the tape. I doubt this is enough information but I hope someone can figure it out.

yeah, i've been googling for years. i've tried everything but ask people who might of heard it.

before that i listened to oldies and classical. Lame, right. Opened my eyes to alot of stuff i didnt know existed.

Been a member here for years, and I'm not sure why I chose now to make my first post, but here it is.

I'm not a fan of punk, but I gave google a shot.

Is it Promise Ring - Is this thing on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQFhZs7NqNM

I'm curious how these songs affected you as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^a bit late. I'm surprised i got such a fast response. Only 12 views before i got an answer.(even though i always thought the view thing is broken here at CAG.

I was listening to crap. After hearing this again, I remember i heard mxpx's Punk Rawk Show after this ended. Great stuff.

I use to love oldies. Then I heard this stuff and thought it was just a faster version of oldies. I later got into NOFX and Rancid. I went to shows, started mosh pits, and even crowd surfed. I remember being on stage at a MXPX show and crowd surfing to the front and jumping on the stage. I also was in this huge circle pit during the early warped tour tours and ended up bleeding from my lip and knees and thought it was the most awesome thing ever. I also remember a show where the guys of the Vandals split the crowd in half and had everyone rush at each other. Good times.

If you really listen to it, there's not a whole lot of different between certain oldies, like Buddy Holly, and certain punk acts. Speed it up a bit, add some more electrification on the guitars, and they're pretty much the same.
I've been in some great pits, and I've been in some crappy ones. (Too old for it now). I think it was Murphy's Law, they stopped playing when someone got knocked over until he got picked back up. "We're all here to have fun, so let's help each other out."
Then at some other show, there was some asshole skinhead who staked out an area where he just stood there and flung his elbows around trying to hurt people.

[quote name='doodle777_98']I also remember a show where the guys of the Vandals split the crowd in half and had everyone rush at each other. Good times.[/QUOTE]

That's called the Wall of Death. Popular at punk shows and the like...

bread's done
Back