what ram would you recommend

wolfen21

CAG Veteran
i been looking at buying new ram but i don't know what better then the other just wanted to ask you guys what you recommend for new ram for gaming.

Number of Memory Slots 4×240pin
Memory Standard DDR2 800
Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
Channel Supported Dual Channel

Crucial, Corsair, G-Skill, Kingston, OCZ, A-Data, Mushkin, PQI, Patriot are all good manufacturers and I believe most if not all of them have lifetime warranties.

Newegg has a pair of 2GB DDR2-800 sticks for $70 with a $20 rebate that looks pretty good.

4GB should be enough for gaming unless you do some other heavy duty tasks, and you always have the option to put in two more sticks later.

windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and they also ran out of the Patriot ram.
i just want to get good ram for performance

[quote name='jchoi']Crucial, Corsair, G-Skill, Kingston, OCZ, A-Data, Mushkin, PQI, Patriot are all good manufacturers and I believe most if not all of them have lifetime warranties.

Newegg has a pair of 2GB DDR2-800 sticks for $70 with a $20 rebate that looks pretty good.

4GB should be enough for gaming unless you do some other heavy duty tasks, and you always have the option to put in two more sticks later.[/QUOTE]

agree with this post. you should be fine with any of those brands.

Like previously mentioned Corsair is a great brand most likely can not go wrong with the brand. I have however used G.SKILL alot lately, newegg.com runs great deals on the brand and love the brand never a problem (I don't overclock) , also used patriot twice with no problems and Adata was in my previous Game/Development machine because it was cheap at the time and didn't appear to be bargain basement cheap chips...

Kingston I am not sure you ever know just how good the quality control will be on the chips they buy (Kingston X can be GREAT this shipment then bad the next)...I think Corsair, Crucial, Gskill use just one chip supplier (please correct if I am wrong on this)

I've had great experiences with Crucial, Corsair, and Mushkin.
I've had decent experience with Kingston and A-Data.
I've heard good things about OCZ and Patriot.

When all things are equal, I usually go with Crucial or Corsair, but that's based on nothing other than personal preference.

bread's done
Back