What religion are you?

I made a "How religious are you thread?" and was overwhelmed by Atheist responses. Shouldn't have been surprising since it is a gaming website.

I worship the female vagina

Isn't it kinda redundant to call it a "Female vagina"; I mean...there is no such thing as a male vagina ...right?

[quote name='Maklershed']As opposed to the male one?[/quote]

Ha!...I added the spoiler tag as you were typing this.

I voted Other and here's my explanation.

Baptized in the Roman Catholic Church, and pretty much that was it for me. I have a sister who is 4 years older than me. My parents dragged her kicking and screaming to church and Sunday School for years and have up by the time I came along.

Religion was not discussed in my household. Not as a taboo, but as an uncomfortable or just untouched subject. Some kids learn about drugs on the street, I learned about Jesus by having friends with religious families. So it's more of a curiosity to me. Do I outright say that it's impossible to know like Agnostics? No. Do I believe? I don't know, but not really. I'm more of an evolution guy. The science is there.

So my official answer is "free agent soul". I could probably be converted, although not easily due to stubbornness - I'm a Taurus. :) I love to toss Astrology into this mix. But basically if your God has a good package, I could be down. What does your god offer? Forgiveness, peace, tranquility, rebirth, heaven, virgins, etc etc?

Other- Born Roman Catholic.

Now I believe there is some sort of creative force bigger than all of us, and if you want to call that God, so be it. I do not buy into any religious bullshit though. Organized religion is useless.

No religion. I don't like to call myself an athiest because there are too many douche bags who pride themselves on the fact that they're athiests and therefore"smarter" than religious people.

So whenever someone asks, I tell them I don't care about religion at all.

It's always seemed like nonsense to me.

:whistle2:| Went ahead and voted agnostic, even though I'm actually atheist. I bet the majority of 'Other' consists of atheists.

[quote name='SpazX']atheist/agnostic (I picked agnostic in the poll)[/quote]You can't really be both. Agnostic means you don't believe in a God, and don't NOT believe in a god, atheist means you believe there is NOTHING out there.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Other- Born Roman Catholic.

Now I believe there is some sort of creative force bigger than all of us, and if you want to call that God, so be it. I do not buy into any religious bullshit though. Organized religion is useless.[/quote]
Took the words right out of my mouth, I'm extually the same way.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You can't really be both. Agnostic means you don't believe in a God, and don't NOT believe in a god, atheist means you believe there is NOTHING out there.[/QUOTE]True. Even though I'm atheist, I still voted agnostic. The key similarity is that neither buy into man-made religion. In a nutshell, I think I would get along a lot better with an agnostic than I would a Christian. Personally, I think the argument between whether there is an intelligent entity behind creation or simply fluke occurrences behind existence is a much more enjoyable and intelligible argument than what you would be able to gather from arguing with a Catholic or Muslim.

I am a firm believer that whatever religion brings out the best in a particular person is the right religion for them. No one knows exactly how existence came about. As long as the guidelines you choose to live life by are leading to you being the best you can be, then I condone it. The only problem I have is that religions always seem to lead to just as much if not more bad than good. I suppose that is just human nature, though. People will always find something to kill each other over, and creation is the prime candidate.

[quote name='Brak']Nihilist.[/quote]
My buddy is huge into The Big Lebowski so when we go to bars or public places in general, he goes up to strangers and introduces me to them and tells them I'm a nihilist and that I care about nothing. This is usually followed by an "uhh .. ok?" type of look by the other person I'm being introduced to. :lol:

(the worst is when the other person is genuinely curious why I'd be a nihilist or why I dont care about things and then I have to explain the situation)

[quote name='dastly75']Flying Spaghetti Monster aka Pastafarinism[/quote]

Officially I have no religion but if people want to be an ass and try to get to me with their "join my religion" crap, then I say that this is my religion. It usually weirds them out enough that they then leave me alone and go back to talking to their imaginary friend. :)

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You can't really be both. Agnostic means you don't believe in a God, and don't NOT believe in a god, atheist means you believe there is NOTHING out there.[/quote]

Sorry, try again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

The minimum requirement for Atheism is lack of belief in a god. Active disbelief of god is possible, but not necessary. Agnostics believe that the existence of god cannot be proven or disproven. Those ideas are not mutually exclusive.

In short, I voted Agnostic even though I am an Agnostic Athiest.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You can't really be both. Agnostic means you don't believe in a God, and don't NOT believe in a god, atheist means you believe there is NOTHING out there.[/quote]

People already said it, but your definitions aren't exactly right.

Technically agnostic means you don't know (and originally meant you can't know, but I wouldn't agree with that), while atheist means you lack belief. (agnostic - without knowledge, atheism - without theism)

They really aren't even in the same category since one deals with knowledge while the other deals with belief, so you can easily be both. Some people kind of conflate the two into the word agnostic (like you did).

In short, I don't think there is the necessary evidence to believe in a god and therefore I don't believe in one. I don't profess to have infinite knowledge though, so I can't say that I know either way, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that one can't know since I'd think a god would be capable of undeniably showing its presence.

bread's done
Back