what route when it comes to pokemon games.

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
i havent played a pokemon game since red/blue over 10 years ago. so i was thinking about picking up one of the new ones but im kinda torn on what to do. i have a gift card for 35 bux at walmart which i could pick up platinum with it and pay a couple more out of my wallet on the tax. or i could go to gamestop and buy used diamon/pearl/plat for 20 bux out of my wallet. i hate to support gamestop and their shady ways but cheaper is always a thought for me.

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver are coming out next month. You could always put in a pre-order for one of them! They're remakes of the original Gold and Silver on Gameboy Color.

I'd say use the Giftcard to pre-order one of the new ones coming out and just buy either Diamond/Pearl/Platinum at Gamestop for a better price.

I would take advantage of the Goozex deal right now. For 27.50 you get 1000 points and five trades:

Pokemon Pearl (cart only) is 250
Pokemon Diamond (cart only) is 300
Pokemon Platinum (complete) is 600

You'd be leftover points buying either one.

[quote name='crr_1119']Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver are coming out next month. You could always put in a pre-order for one of them! They're remakes of the original Gold and Silver on Gameboy Color.

I'd say use the Giftcard to pre-order one of the new ones coming out and just buy either Diamond/Pearl/Platinum at Gamestop for a better price.

[/QUOTE]

I whole heartedly agree. Gold and Silver are the best Pokemon games to date. Place a pre-order and get ready for your mind to be blown.

Or you could also try looking for the original Gold & Silver games. All the pawn shops I go to always have Pokemon GB/GBC/GBA games and I've never paid more than $5 for any of them. That way you won't be out $35 if you try it and find out you don't like Pokemon anymore.

Wait for the Gold and Silver remakes if you have a DS. They'll be awesome. It'll help you get into the new generation of Pokemon too. Then you can go back and play the other two generations you missed if you want.

bread's done
Back