What should I do? 3 red Lights

wakeandbake

CAGiversary!
Well I just got off the phone with XBOX customer service for the 3rd time and they told me there Is nothing I can do about my Broken 360. Apparenty my warranty ran up 15days ago and now they wanna charge me $129 to get it fixed. Im currently in college and blew 400$ on my school books and have no money to pay for repairs. I tryed telling them that my PS2 broke down 2 times and each time I sent it in they fixed it for free, 2years after the warranty expired. How should I go about getting m console fixed without paying the ridicilous repair fee for a console that BROKE ON ITS OWN? I did not drop it or spill water on it IT BROKE ON ITS OWN. I think its BS that my warranty expires days before it broke. I basicly just got blew off the last time I called and They said there was nothing I could do. Did anyone have a simular experence to mine? and if you did how did you go about getting it fixed? Thank you for you time

[quote name='the3rdkey']I guess your best bet it to trade it in at one EB or Gamestop and then go to another and use the credit for a new one.[/QUOTE]

and you really don't think they're going to check it out before letting him trade it in? either suck it up and pay it or keep harrasing them about maybe you'll get somewhere

I have a feeling they'll get nicer about once some class-action lawsuits start up. I heard of few suits against Sony and all of the sudden they became super nice about helping people.

or you could just "smoke a fatty" and forget all about it you pothead. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist with all the wakeandbake and 4/20 stuff you got going on there - I'd just keep calling and pestering them. It is total bullshit that a company wouldn't stand behind a product like this. I'm actually surprised they are not willing to fix it...

They basicaly blew me off the last time I called. I talked to the supervisor and he said there was nothing he could do and said have a nice day. It was total bullshit. It seems like they would fix there consoles so they could make money off games. I own 3 games and plan on buying plenty more but if they wont fix it I refuse to pay $ 130 when I could put that money towards a Wii or more 360 games. Money is tight here and it was rough enough budgeting in $400 when Im a full time college student. I wish i could just "smoke the problem away" but that doesnt help one bit hahahaha

So instead of paying $60 for a warranty you now have to pay $130 to get it fixed.

I think you've learned a valuable lesson here.

[quote name='wakeandbake']They basicaly blew me off the last time I called. I talked to the supervisor and he said there was nothing he could do and said have a nice day. It was total bullshit. It seems like they would fix there consoles so they could make money off games. I own 3 games and plan on buying plenty more but if they wont fix it I refuse to pay $ 130 when I could put that money towards a Wii or more 360 games. Money is tight here and it was rough enough budgeting in $400 when Im a full time college student. I wish i could just "smoke the problem away" but that doesnt help one bit hahahaha[/quote]

Always remember, the first thing you ask when you call customer service is to ask for their name and / or ID #. If they don't help you, ask to talk to their manager. Repeat the name part. Just keep going up the pole, mentioning that the people below were not willing or able to help you. Eventually, you will get to someone who can / will. Remember, you are the customer, even though you may not be right, you are still the customer.

Microsoft warranty is quite clear (although shitty), and they do not have to offer a replacement and/or repair free of charge. Until such a point that the admit a defect or design flaw, there isn't much you can do. Just keep trying.

I skipped the Microsoft warranty this time and got an EB Games one. If it breaks, they just give me a new one. So far, no worries, but if there is a problem, I want to make sure that I can get a new one.

TBW

TBW gave some good advice.

Rule of thumb is when you buy a new piece of hardware like this, get some kind of warranty. I got the Gamestop one and will use it regardless in November if my system is broken or not.

If you treated it well (well-ventillated, not overused, etc)... and I were you... I'd buy a 360 from a brick and mortar store, switch the new system with the old, and return it as defective. They'll send it back to Microsoft and Microsoft will have to deal with it just as they would if it were under warranty -- as they should, considering they sold defective hardware.

Of course, I don't advise such acts, I'm just letting you know what I would do...

[quote name='Koggit']If you treated it well (well-ventillated, not overused, etc)... and I were you... I'd buy a 360 from a brick and mortar store, switch the new system with the old, and return it as defective. They'll send it back to Microsoft and Microsoft will have to deal with it just as they would if it were under warranty -- as they should, considering they sold defective hardware.

Of course, I don't advise such acts, I'm just letting you know what I would do...[/quote]
I don't think that would be possible, since all 360s have serial numbers.

You're like the only person I know thats had this problem.

Several folks have had their system repaired free of charge, even after their original warranty expired.

My guess is you were a complete ass to the reps or admitted to screwing up your console.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I don't think that would be possible, since all 360s have serial numbers.[/QUOTE]

I did it with my Xbox, which has a serial number. It was seven months after I bought it, I didn't have the receipt, they asked for the serial number and said it had been over 12 months since manufactured and so it wasn't covered...

I bought a new one from WalMart, switched it, returned as defective for store credit and sold the giftcard to my stepmom.

Bet that warrenty is looking might fine right now.

JK, I had the 3 rings of light a couple times, but thats because of sudden power surge/outage, inwhich I just resetted and it was fine.

bread's done
Back