What should I do? (trouble with a buyers claim on Amazon)

ken9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi Guys! Not sure where I should post this but I was wondering if I could get some advice regarding a printer I sold on Amazon :(

Sold a used printer and shipped it out via USPS with insurance (from U-PIC). The buyer got the item and wanted to return it saying that the printer was damaged during shipping, and that the printer was not shipped with insurance (of course it was shipped with insurance though). He wanted a brand new printer or his money back. My friend told me to tell him to hang on to the printer for now while I started a claims process with U-PIC. I started the claims process but U-PIC requires that the buyer signs an affidavit as well as provide pictures of said damaged goods. Forwarded all this to the buyer and asked him to cooperate. But the buyer didn't respond. Instead he filed an A-Z claim against me. I made an appeal to Amazon but my friend said that I'm probably gonna get shafted and make me refund this guy either way (regardless if he ships back the printer or not). 

What should I do? Any tips from experienced sellers? :( 

Last edited by a moderator:
Claims can be denied for a variety of reasons.

The common reasons for a claim being denied include:

• The item received was the same as described by the seller.
  • The item was received and the seller provided verification of delivery.
  • You failed to respond to a request for further information.
  • The claim was filed due to buyer remorse rather than an actual issue with the item.
  • You filed a chargeback with your payment processor or bank.
  • You were unwilling to return the item to the seller.

Your friend is right, Amazon's policy about marketplace buyers/sellers is that the buyer is always right, even when the buyer is probably lying.

You can try to call Amazon and tell them that the buyer refused to sign the papers for the insurance, but they probably won't care. Chances are, you're out of the money and the printer.

Your friend is right, Amazon's policy about marketplace buyers/sellers is that the buyer is always right, even when the buyer is probably lying.

You can try to call Amazon and tell them that the buyer refused to sign the papers for the insurance, but they probably won't care. Chances are, you're out of the money and the printer.
Wow, that is lame... never selling on Amazon again lol T__T

bread's done
Back