What should I do...

adrianchan56

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Situation: Won an usb-xbox cord off of ebay on August 3rd for 49cents (total $10 with shipping priority+dc to Canada). Item still hasn't arrived. Well read on...

Aug.4th (me)

Hello, when is my item going to arrive?
--------------------------------
Aug.5th

Hi, good day, item will arrive within 4-7 business days for Canada orders,
thank you.

Thank You,
ejGAMEZ inc.
Aug 18th

(Me)

Ok I'm wondering why hasn't my order arrived within the past 4-7 days
(I've won the item on Aug.3rd). Today is August 18, 2005... It has been more
than 7 days do you have an explanation for the delay?
Aug.20th

Hi, good day, we do have record that item was sent out to the following
address, please verify this is the correct address.

Adrian Chan
xx xxxxx xxx
Toronto, Ontario xxxxxx
CANADA
Auction item number #8208996398

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1#ShippingPayment

I just replied today telling him that is the correct address and to send another cord.

So what should I do now if he denies it and ignores me?

[quote name='adrianchan56']So what should I do now if he denies it and ignores me?[/QUOTE]

I think you should own that noob because that's what you were born to do. :D

The guys an idiot. No way in hell would I ever tell a buyer it will take 4-7 days to get to canada. I've sent many items there, and lived there. The absolute quickest would be 4 days (happened once), but the norm is about a week and a half. I've seen it take a month to go from boston to toronto (about 900 km)! I tell every buyer to wait at least 4 weeks before they start getting worried, and quite often it isn't until the third week when they finally recieve the item. Also, check with you customs, it seems that a lot of items get held there and the sender or reciever are never informed. My most recent feedback is a neg and I think that may be the result of customs holding a package (I told the guy to check 3 days ago, have to send him an e-mail).

An item I ordere from Canada around last christmas took forever also. It could have got locked up in custom but i have no idea how that shit works so I can only imagine thats what happened.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']The guys an idiot. No way in hell would I ever tell a buyer it will take 4-7 days to get to canada. I've sent many items there, and lived there. The absolute quickest would be 4 days (happened once), but the norm is about a week and a half. I've seen it take a month to go from boston to toronto (about 900 km)! I tell every buyer to wait at least 4 weeks before they start getting worried, and quite often it isn't until the third week when they finally recieve the item. Also, check with you customs, it seems that a lot of items get held there and the sender or reciever are never informed. My most recent feedback is a neg and I think that may be the result of customs holding a package (I told the guy to check 3 days ago, have to send him an e-mail).[/QUOTE]

I have seen it take 3 months for a package to get to Canada :p

I don't know how it can take so long. It's just right up there ... customs unions suck.

[quote name='opportunity777']I have seen it take 3 months for a package to get to Canada :p

I don't know how it can take so long. It's just right up there ... customs unions suck.[/QUOTE]

meh got the item today and gave him a neutral because I'm not sure if he's at fault or not.

[quote name='adrianchan56']meh got the item today and gave him a neutral because I'm not sure if he's at fault or not.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty damn weak to give a neutral for something he had no control over. Is there a postmark or anything on it?

Yea you should retrack it and give him positive. Shipping between USA and Canada does take a while sometimes. Like I said shit can get held up in customs for a while.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']That's pretty damn weak to give a neutral for something he had no control over. Is there a postmark or anything on it?[/QUOTE]
yeah, i don't throw neutrals around either, but the guy did charge $9 to ship an item that weighs less than a pound to canada. if you use a postal calculator, economy (the slow annoying service) would cost $2.70 (this is obviously the service that the guy used) or airmail would have cost $3.75 (the service i would use). bottom line, the guy charged $9 for a $2.70 shipping expense. even if you are one of those people who insist on including other selling expenses in with your shipping fee, i highly doubt he had over $6 of other expenses. so, i don't have a problem with the neutral feedback in this instance.

[quote name='trent82']yeah, i don't throw neutrals around either, but the guy did charge $9 to ship an item that weighs less than a pound to canada. if you use a postal calculator, economy (the slow annoying service) would cost $2.70 (this is obviously the service that the guy used) or airmail would have cost $3.75 (the service i would use). bottom line, the guy charged $9 for a $2.70 shipping expense. even if you are one of those people who insist on including other selling expenses in with your shipping fee, i highly doubt he had over $6 of other expenses. so, i don't have a problem with the neutral feedback in this instance.[/QUOTE]

He's one of those Ebay people though that sell low but charge what cost they are losing in the BIN price in the shipping.

[quote name='pimpinc333']He's one of those Ebay people though that sell low but charge what cost they are losing in the BIN price in the shipping.[/QUOTE]
AKA, abusing the system.

i ship to canada all of the time, and when i use airmail, it usually takes about a week.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']That's pretty damn weak to give a neutral for something he had no control over. Is there a postmark or anything on it?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree... you suck for leaving a neutral for that. Canada shipments can always be late, as previously posted. You must be a newb on Ebay too.

High shipping or not, he knew what the cost would be. Then figure in Sundays and going through customs I would say the ship time was pretty decent. Neutral wasn't needed, but I guess it's not hurting anything. Hope you like your item!

[quote name='Jobbercho']High shipping or not, he knew what the cost would be.[/QUOTE]
yeah, but if the guy is gonna rape you with a $9 shipping expense, the least he could do is ship it airmail instead of economy...it's only a $1 difference in price, but airmail takes a week, whereas economy is listed as 2 - 4 weeks.

if i was the seller, i would take the $1 hit in my "profit" just to get the transaction over with faster. an item is much less likely to be lost or damaged when sent via airmail simply because it will be in the postal service's possession for a much shorter period of time. seriously, is that guy so hard up for a buck that he insists on annoying his customers.

[quote name='trent82']yeah, but if the guy is gonna rape you with a $9 shipping expense, the least he could do is ship it airmail instead of economy...it's only a $1 difference in price, but airmail takes a week, whereas economy is listed as 2 - 4 weeks.

if i was the seller, i would take the $1 hit in my "profit" just to get the transaction over with faster. an item is much less likely to be lost or damaged when sent via airmail simply because it will be in the postal service's possession for a much shorter period of time. seriously, is that guy so hard up for a buck that he insists on annoying his customers.[/QUOTE]

Did the description of the item say in the shipping section that it would be econony? If so, then you are just a whiny bitch. You knew exactly what to expect and I think most people would agree the seller did nothing wrong.

EDIT: I thought trent was the OP. Anyway, my comments are directed at the OP.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Did the description of the item say in the shipping section that it would be econony? If so, then you are just a whiny bitch. You knew exactly what to expect and I think most people would agree the seller did nothing wrong.

EDIT: I thought trent was the OP. Anyway, my comments are directed at the OP.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i have nothing to do with this transaction, i was just commenting on it. i would never have anything to do with a transaction like this because, as a seller, i would never be such a pathetic bastard that i a) abuse ebay's fee system to hide the item's actual cost in the shipping fee and b) charge a ridiculous amount for shipping, and then pick the slowest, and cheapest possible method. it's simply pathetic, and i would assume that most buyers might view this behavior as a bad sign. as a buyer, i wouldn't even deal with people like that.

and to answer your question, that seller says nothing about economy shipping. i'm not surprised. he knows that if he says on his auction "hey, even though you're paying $9 for shipping, i'm going use the cheapest slowest service i can find to maximize my profit", he probably wouldn't sell much.

I say week and a half two weeks with excuse. I just took almost three days to ship something I ebayed but My car broke down and I pulled 65 hours at work this week so even ebayers can have bad weeks. I'm not defending the guy but I gotta be pretty damned unhappy to leave a nuetral.

It says right in the auction listing that shipping would be $8.99 and yet you still complain when you knew this before hand? That's pretty weak.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It says right in the auction listing that shipping would be $8.99 and yet you still complain when you knew this before hand? That's pretty weak.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'd bet you'd do the same if you were new to ebay scene...

This is what happens when you do business with the people that overcharge for shipping to circumvent ebay fees. They then send the item the very slowest shipping possible (maximizing profit).

In the future I would recommend avoiding these people. I don't even bite on auctions with overblown shipping costs for reasons like that.

$9 shipping should rightfully be airmail, ground shipping is super slow to Canada. I think a neutral is OK. Next time buy on an auction with normal shipping costs.

[quote name='GreenMonkey']This is what happens when you do business with the people that overcharge for shipping to circumvent ebay fees. They then send the item the very slowest shipping possible (maximizing profit).

In the future I would recommend avoiding these people. I don't even bite on auctions with overblown shipping costs for reasons like that.

$9 shipping should rightfully be airmail, ground shipping is super slow to Canada. I think a neutral is OK. Next time buy on an auction with normal shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

He won the item for 49 cents. The ebay fees alone made this seller lose money. Yeah he made it up on the shipping, probably to avoid the final value fee, but the buyer KNEW that when he agreed to the shipping cost BEFORE he bid on the item. All that is moot anyway becuase it's not the $$ that's the problem, it's the time.

We need proof of a postmark date which the OP doesn't seem to want to provide (I wonder why?) Since shipments from or to Canada can take weeks, we don't even know if it's the sellers fault or not. He could have posted the package the very next day.

While were at it, I'm hoping to get the OP's user ID so I can put him on by blocked bidder list for ebaying while being a boob....sorry, I mean noob.

[quote name='bmulligan']He won the item for 49 cents. The ebay fees alone made this seller lose money. Yeah he made it up on the shipping, probably to avoid the final value fee, but the buyer KNEW that when he agreed to the shipping cost BEFORE he bid on the item. All that is moot anyway becuase it's not the $$ that's the problem, it's the time.[/quote]
what exactly was the point of this paragraph? you rant about irrelevant details and then, at the end, you point out that even you realize that what you're saying is pointless. i think pretty much everyone here understands what sellers like this do, regarding underpriced items to minimize fees and overpriced shipping to make up the difference. the complaints are about the fact that he paid $9 for shipping, and the item took weeks to arrive. and as i pointed out, the difference between economy (4 - 6 weeks) and airmail (4 - 7 days) is only about $1 in this case, so the seller was just being an ass. whenever sellers charge these ridiculous amounts, they should be required to state the exact service they plan on using. i think ebay needs to work on this.

[quote name='bmulligan']Since shipments from or to Canada can take weeks, we don't even know if it's the sellers fault or not.[/quote]
shipments to canada will only take weeks if you use economy. if you use airmail, it always gets their quickly, and the small difference in price makes it completely worth it.

on a progressive note to OP. If you go to customize display in the top right, you can make it list the shipping cost. This saves me alot of time. We all understand where your coming from but do keep in mind that the feedback should include your overall feeling about the product including weither or not it worked and if it didn't work were they nice if to replace. This applies to "forum trades"aswell .

[quote name='adrianchan56']Sure, I'd bet you'd do the same if you were new to ebay scene...[/QUOTE]

Nope. And not one time in either being a seller (since 2000) or being a buyer would I ever even consider a neutral for something that I agreed to when I bid on an item. You knew the shipping cost before you bid.

[quote name='trent82']what exactly was the point of this paragraph? you rant about irrelevant details and then, at the end, you point out that even you realize that what you're saying is pointless. i think pretty much everyone here understands what sellers like this do, regarding underpriced items to minimize fees and overpriced shipping to make up the difference. the complaints are about the fact that he paid $9 for shipping, and the item took weeks to arrive. and as i pointed out, the difference between economy (4 - 6 weeks) and airmail (4 - 7 days) is only about $1 in this case, so the seller was just being an ass. whenever sellers charge these ridiculous amounts, they should be required to state the exact service they plan on using. i think ebay needs to work on this.[/quote]

Thanks for re-stating the already stated and pontless info, good job. What exactly was the point of reiterating?

Yes, ebay should require the exact shipping method. It should be part of the contract, not just the price. My point was that we STILL have not gotten the postmark date from the OP which leads me to believe he was in the wrong and overreactive, not the shipper.

[quote name='bmulligan']Thanks for re-stating the already stated and pontless info, good job. What exactly was the point of reiterating?[/quote]
um...yeah....o....k. you say something, and then i step in and say "no, that's not the issue...everybody realizes that part...THIS is the issue"...and then i go on to state something completely different than what you said. reiteration, huh? here's a fun website:

http://www.dictionary.com

maybe i need to go back and read through the thread again, but i didn't see the original poster complain about the shipping cost once, yet a few people have said "you knew the price...blah blah blah". and i'd be less interested in the postmark date and more interested in the actual postage amount. i'd assume that the item was mailed out within a day or two of the end of the auction, but using the economy service, even though he claimed it would arrive within 4 - 7 days. and we shouldn't forget about this:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html

You bid in HIS auction stating shipping would be $9....what's the problem? Next time buy the cord off someone else who starts the bid at $5 and charges $4 for shipping. Oh wait...

Exactly, you knew what you were getting into before you bid, so you live with that... also, you still have yet to tell us what the postmark date says, if it's within the 4-7 days that he guaranteed you, then you have to take that neutral away and give him a positive, because then its not his fault... welcome to ebay...

Next time, don't look for a seller with cheaper shipping/clearer policies...look for a seller in YOUR OWN COUNTRY. This is exactly why I don't ship to Canada anymore. Just because they're touching us doesn't mean it's local. Whatever a seller says in their auction has to be taken with a grain of salt if you're ordering it from outside of their country.

Neutral feedback is never meant for mildly-slow shipments. It should be a positive w/slow shipping explanation (and you should also state "...but I'm a Canuck" at the end of the feedback, so no one takes it seriously) :)

well, i think the original poster has officially abandoned this thread, so none of this matters. here's what i would do (although this would never happen, because as i said, i won't deal with people like this): go ahead and give him a positive, simply to protect yourself from revenge neutral feedback. i've only received 2 neutrals ever, one was a revenge neutral from someone who really deserved a negative (i thought i was cutting them a break by giving them a neutral) and the other was a moron who couldn't read. and then, to "get back" at the seller, report all of his next batch of auctions to ebay for violating the circumventing fees rules. he won't even know it was you.

and for some of the most recent people to post in this thread, if you're gonna post, you really need to read the thread before you post. people showing up and posting stuff like "You bid in HIS auction stating shipping would be $9....what's the problem?" is just demonstrating that you're not even reading. as has been stated, the problem wasn't simply the price, it was the time despite the price. and if the seller would have charged $9 (as he did) but shipped the item airmail so that it would arrive quickly, the item would have arrived within a week and this thread wouldn't exist. the real complaint is that the item took 3 weeks to arrive even though the shipping expense was enough to cover airmail and still give the seller at least $5 of profit.

[quote name='trent82']
and for some of the most recent people to post in this thread, if you're gonna post, you really need to read the thread before you post. people showing up and posting stuff like "You bid in HIS auction stating shipping would be $9....what's the problem?" is just demonstrating that you're not even reading. as has been stated, the problem wasn't simply the price, it was the time despite the price. and if the seller would have charged $9 (as he did) but shipped the item airmail so that it would arrive quickly, the item would have arrived within a week and this thread wouldn't exist. the real complaint is that the item took 3 weeks to arrive even though the shipping expense was enough to cover airmail and still give the seller at least $5 of profit.[/QUOTE]

but we don't know how it was shipped, and we don't know the postmark date. And we can post whatever the hell we want as long as it doesn't piss off the boss. Who got shot and made you sherrif ?

Obviously the OP doesn't know the first thing about shipping methods from Canada and hasn't had experience using either. At least now he's got some edumacation, and he probably wouldn't have had anything to read at all if he'd just bought something from someone in the good old USofA instead of those Canadian commie bastards ! I'll give it to him that he probably thought he was rippin off that canuck with an Xbox cable for 49 cents, but then his American cheapass got a little trigger happy and he forgot that commies will ship as cheaply as possible to make up for the loss.

[quote name='bmulligan']but we don't know how it was shipped, and we don't know the postmark date. And we can post whatever the hell we want as long as it doesn't piss off the boss. Who got shot and made you sherrif ?[/quote]
it wasn't an order, it was a suggestion. if you want people to take your comments seriously, it usually helps if they are relevant, and a good way to ensure their relevancy is to read the thread and understand the issue at hand. that's all i was saying. and you really can't tell what has happened here? really? you can bet your ass that it was shipped via economy mail within a day or 2 of the auction. airmail always reaches its destination quickly and the odds of some 3 week mishap are so slight that it would be stupid to consider it as a likely possibility.

[quote name='bmulligan']Obviously the OP doesn't know the first thing about shipping methods from Canada and hasn't had experience using either. At least now he's got some edumacation, and he probably wouldn't have had anything to read at all if he'd just bought something from someone in the good old USofA instead of those Canadian commie bastards ! I'll give it to him that he probably thought he was rippin off that canuck with an Xbox cable for 49 cents, but then his American cheapass got a little trigger happy and he forgot that commies will ship as cheaply as possible to make up for the loss.[/QUOTE]
i feel the need to direct you to the first half of this post...and then perhaps to the original post where the poster explains several times that he is from Canada and the seller is from the US.

My bad.

Either way it goes, though, whether it's TO Canada or FROM Canada, it can be delayed through customs. Especially since 9/11. And yes, I've shipped and received packages from Canada by airmail and ground. Both can be delayed for any random reason. So, yes, I do understand what's going on here, even though I reversed the destination. And I'm glad to know that you don't read my posts either :D

At least now we know our brother from the US got the better of that snow lovin - smooth beaver Canadian. Ha! That'll teach that commie bastard never to screw with an American. Go ahead, give 'em a negative even ! We can take much more than that you socialist pig !!!!!

[quote name='bmulligan']My bad.

Either way it goes, though, whether it's TO Canada or FROM Canada, it can be delayed through customs. Especially since 9/11. And yes, I've shipped and received packages from Canada by airmail and ground. Both can be delayed for any random reason. So, yes, I do understand what's going on here, even though I reversed the destination. And I'm glad to know that you don't read my posts either :D

At least now we know our brother from the US got the better of that snow lovin - smooth beaver Canadian. Ha! That'll teach that commie bastard never to screw with an American. Go ahead, give 'em a negative even ! We can take much more than that you socialist pig !!!!![/QUOTE]

lol commie and I thought the "red-scare" was long over since the fall of the reds in late 89'. You guys sure post long paragraphs.
Anyway, if you're still interested here's what it says on the envelope (sp?arg it's 1 am here and starting to get sleepy.):

1.35 US postage ITL mail
Game acc. total value $5
aug 06 2005 mailed from zip xxxxx

edit: urg i guess it's my bad :|. Time to go withdraw

[quote name='adrianchan56']
1.35 US postage ITL mail
Game acc. total value $5
aug 06 2005 mailed from zip xxxxx[/QUOTE]

Uh oh. A CAG admin might want to close this thread now before we start getting a flood of death threat posts on adrian. :twoguns:

Let me be the first to say: shipped out 3 days after you've paid is NOT worthy of a neutral feedback...no way, no how, no sir(/ma'am?).

you can't change your neutral to a positive, but you should withdraw the feedback completely so it doesn't show up on their record.

bread's done
Back