What state do you love the most/hate the most?

Danomano89

CAGiversary!
I thought this would be interesting, considering our Psych class had a huge war about New York and New Jersey.

What state do you love the most, and on the contrary, which one do you hate the most?
6o0jbj7.gif

Love: New York
Hate: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming

Love: Alabama...they apparently have a sandwich shop in Birmingham that deep fries WHOLE sandwiches.

Hate: South Dakota. What a shithole. If Evanston, WY was a state, I would hate it, too.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Love: New York
Hate: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming[/quote]

Reverse that

[quote name='TahoeMax']Love: Alabama...they apparently have a sandwich shop in Birmingham that deep fries WHOLE sandwiches.

Hate: South Dakota. What a shithole. If Evanston, WY was a state, I would hate it, too.[/QUOTE]

Shit, they fry Coca-Cola in the south. What surprise is there in solid foods getting the tallow treatment?

Hate: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming[/quote]
istockphoto1535790iagreew8.jpg

Hate: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, but I only love Western New York. Anything East of Rochester (Including Albany, NYC and Long Island) should probably either form it's own (shittier) State or sink into the ocean.

Buffalo > rest of NY

[quote name='Chris in Cali']What don't you like about Oregon?[/QUOTE]
Not being able to pump your own gas comes to mind.

Portland is pretty damn nice though, and their weather can't be beat (except, maybe, maybe by Cali's)

[quote name='tokitoki50']Pretty much, but I only love Western New York. Anything East of Rochester (Including Albany, NYC and Long Island) should probably either form it's own (shittier) State or sink into the ocean.

Buffalo > rest of NY[/quote]

Buffalo should just be given to Canada, not like we want it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Not being able to pump your own gas comes to mind.

Portland is pretty damn nice though, and their weather can't be beat (except, maybe, maybe by Cali's)[/QUOTE]

Is that really a big deal?

I must agree about Portland, though.

[quote name='Moxio']Is that really a big deal?

I must agree about Portland, though.[/QUOTE]
It shows how much there is about Portland/Oregon to not like. :lol:;)

Still, I imagine that the cost is pushed onto the consumer, which is damn annoying, especially with gas prices what they are now.

love : new york : alot to do
hate : new york : everyone is either a ghetto / wanna be ghetto prick, or an uptight hipster yuppie..
-then again, upstate like rochester , ithaca, putnam county, people are cooler though, so, thats my vote

Hate: New England I'm just so tired of the cost of living around here. I would like to think I could get a starter home for under 250k
Texas. Being in the military I run into alot of people from Texas and 90% are jerks. So taking those numbers as scientific polling 90% of the state is useless.

Love: I don't know yet. I'd love to just screw the states all together and move by my in laws in France.

I have been to all 50 states except:

Washington
Hawaii
Alaska
Maine

I found that almost all the states are very similar, so there isn't really a point of saying you love or hate a state. The states I like best are the more rural ones like Wyoming. Of course, I wouldn't want to live there, but its nice to visit.

Love: PA, VA
Hate: Michigan....Detroit is a shithole.. also I hate South Dakota.. how many billboards does Wall drug have to post up..every friggin mile...

Love: Florida - warm, sunny, filled with lottery tickets.

Hate: New Jersey - this place is one big stinking industrial zone dotted with ghettos and roundabouts.

I've only been to about half the states in the union. Some for very short periords of time (rest stops during road trips). But a few stick out.

I love Ohio (because that's where I live), Rapid City South Dakota was nice, I liked Callifornia (the northern part).

I guess I kind of disliked Arizona (switching planes, but the weather hit me like a punch in the face), and a few vacations to florida left me disliking parts of it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hate: New Jersey - this place is one big stinking industrial zone dotted with ghettos and roundabouts.[/quote]

This reminds me of "Aenima", Tool's song about LA: "One great big festering neon distraction."

Also: Christ, I hate roundabouts. And jug-handles.

LOVE: Pennsylvania, Florida

HATE: Texas (obv. reasons), New Jersey...b/c on the 8th day, G-d had to take a shit.

bread's done
Back