What stores do you buy your clothes for cheap?

[quote name='panzerfaust']Clothing with labels is generally considered kiddy past highschool.[/QUOTE]
This is entirely untrue.

[quote name='Rocko']This is entirely untrue.[/QUOTE]

In depends on the circle you run in.

No self respecting group of people is wearing this:

tumblr_la3yk8igHP1qdri1uo1_250.jpg

I don't know why anybody would ever wear that though. That's gotta be the ugliest shirt I have ever seen. But I suppose everything Ed Hardy tends to look that way.

I don't see alot of people down at the office wearing their Sean John, Ecko, South Pole or whatever and ragging about each other about it. Past high school no one cares where your clothes came from.

[quote name='confoosious']In depends on the circle you run in.

No self respecting group of people is wearing this:

tumblr_la3yk8igHP1qdri1uo1_250.jpg
[/QUOTE]
It does depend on your social circle, which is why you can't say that branding is useless past a high school age. Also, it depends on the brand, of course. Ed Hardy is fucking atrocious.

[quote name='eldergamer']I don't see alot of people down at the office wearing their Sean John, Ecko, South Pole or whatever and ragging about each other about it. Past high school no one cares where your clothes came from.[/QUOTE]
That has nothing to do with the age and everything to do with the workplace environment.

[quote name='dodgeme']I don't know why anybody would ever wear that though. That's gotta be the ugliest shirt I have ever seen. But I suppose everything Ed Hardy tends to look that way.[/QUOTE]

There's two types of people who wear this:

1) rich people who just don't know any better / douchebags
2) poor people who want to look like they have money but are douchebags.

Either way, they're douchebags.

And this is my point about external labels. No self respecting person puts stock in them.

The really good stuff has labels on the inside. Not a "fashion" label, but a label that tells you it's quality.

[quote name='confoosious']And this is my point about external labels. No self respecting person puts stock in them.

The really good stuff has labels on the inside. Not a "fashion" label, but a label that tells you it's quality.[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah, this is a good point that I kind of overlooked in responding. My bad.

I always avoid big labels on clothing. I love American Eagle and Abercrombie & Fitch shirts, but I'll only buy the solid colors that have a small label on the upper corner of the chest. The new style of having, like, shoddily sewn-on, ragged edge labels all over drives me insane.

I don't mind stuff like the logos on most polos (small logo actually stitched), some of the Chaps shirts i have only have very small tags on the shirt pocket. That Ed Hardy shit is horrible, I know it's popular with gearhead types, but man it's horrible. Middle aged men dressing like 16 year olds. Just look at that picture, the dude looks miserable.

I'm mostly referring to brands like Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostale, Armani etc...

There's definitely still things that look fine in those stores, but in college and on you gradually start to see people phase out of big label shirts and graphic tees.

--

As for the other half of this conversation, getting women is entirely dependent on who you are -- but looking nice and wearing clothes that fit can pretty much entirely change the first impression you give to most people you meet, and give you the confidence to be who you are in the first place.

And it's really not expensive to dress better then most.

bread's done
Back