What stores have nonrecipt return?

arsenalgear

CAGiversary!
Hey, I just won Ghost Recon 2 for PS2 in a contest on 1Up.com. Since I'm an asshole like that, I was thinking about returning it to a store so I could get 50 bucks intead of just getting 30 trade-in credit at GameStop or EB. What stores do a "gift" return policy of videogames---as in you don't need a recipt to return a game? Sorry if this is a repost, I couldn't find another thread with the info. Thanks.

prepare to get flamed... But it is my understanding that right after X-mas almost any store will let you return sealed shit without a reciept

just because i found the answer on these boards a while back, walmart, target and best buy do this, but they will take ur liscense or id, im not sure which stores use that credit company that track you but the more you do it the more likely youll get black listed and willb e aunable to return stuff for a while

Almost every retail store has what they call "gift receipts" during this time of year and won't accept products back unless you have one.

But hey, good luck.

[quote name='mmn']Almost every retail store has what they call "gift receipts" during this time of year and won't accept products back unless you have one.

But hey, good luck.[/quote]

Incorrect, I've never had a problem taking back crappy presents with no reciept for about 1 week after x-mas.

You all already know what I'm going to say, so I'll save us all the time and the flame war that would result by stating that my objection to this type of fraud/tactic being espoused on CAG is well documented, and could easily be found by a quick search of the terms "fraud" and "Walmart".

[quote name='Scorch']Have you already received the game or have you just won it?[/quote]

Probably a good question. Most "Prizes" from companies like 1-up will have the "destroyed" barcode or be marked "Not for Resale", which no one in thier right mind would take back as a return.

I recieved it yesterday...it wasn't an actual, official contest, just a little thing on EGM editor Dan Hsu's blog (scroll down and read bout it here http://my.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5379799 )
I took a look at the game, it was sealed with plastic wrap and that little annoying sticky thing that goes over hte top of the case, doesn't seem to say "Not For Resale" anywhere. I'm guessing it doesn't say anything about that on the inside either, since it's completely sealed.
You think EB or GameStop would also do a nonrecipt return? They're the most conviniently located stores with games near me. Thanks.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Scorch']Have you already received the game or have you just won it?[/quote]

Probably a good question. Most "Prizes" from companies like 1-up will have the "destroyed" barcode or be marked "Not for Resale", which no one in thier right mind would take back as a return.[/quote]

The punched barcode? I ve returned those a million times :)

bread's done
Back