What T.V. shows are you still waiting to show up on DVD?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']Thought of another one but I'm sure it has been said, Beavis and Butthead. Not the crappy collection they have now but one that is season by season and that includes all the music videos with it.[/quote]

I definately second that, some of the videos were even better then cartoons! I especially liked the videos where beavis kept talking about peeing on a wolf and the Rancid video I think, where beavis kept telling butthead I'd kick him in the nuts and then finally did it. "Beavis there will be 2 hits, my hand hitting your face, and then my hand hitting your face again". Pure comic gold!

Also does anyone remember an old sketch comedy show called "The Edge" I think it was on late night on fox and ran from 1992-1993, I loved that show![/quote]

You're right about the music videos. Some of them were funnier than the actual show and their commentary. I should have added that I think I read somewhere that the reason that the videos are not/most likely will not be included if they ever release them season style is because of licensing them and other redtape/baloney.[/quote]

That's too bad :(

At least I have 2 VHS tapes full of old episodes complete with the videos, I think I taped 2 or 3 of the Moronathon's they used to run.

I don't know if these were mentioned yet, but I'm sure MANY would agree...

Martial Law
A detective show that aired on TNN (Spike TV) a few years back, starring Arsenio Hall, Sammo Hung, and Kelly Hu as cops trying to stop the crime in the city.

Cinematech
A show on G4TechTV that shows clips of games from Atari 2600 to Sony PSP. Yeah, G4 (not TechTV) sucks in ever way, shape, and form, but you gotta give credit to their ONLY remaining good show.

X-Men (FOX Kids)
Without a doubt, the best series EVER (Simpsons come at a close second). This was the X-Men the way they were meant to be portrayed (none of that X-Men Evolution crap). Every episode was just amazing!

That's all for now.

Wings. Yes I started watching this show about the middle of its series run and that ish was funny as hell. Also hoping for Sam & Max, Venture Bros. & hopefully Airwolf & The Fall Guy

Misfits Of Science
Police Squad! (shocked this hasn't come out yet)
Cop Rock (I know half of you would rent it just to see)
Automan
Square Pegs
On The Air
Twin Peaks season 2
Galactica 80 (in all it's utter craptacularnous like the other sci fi shows I mentioned above)
Dynasty (My mom loved this show)
Land Of The Giants
complete Peanuts (there are tons yet to be released)
those Far Side animated specials
Amazing Stories
that Ziggy christmas special

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='epobirs']An Aeon Flux collection came out long ago:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1564063682/002-8334837-3770437?v=glance[/quote]

Hmm...I had never seen one in store anywhere. Hadn't known. Do you own it or if anyone does, how is it?[/quote]

I own the dvd. It had a limited release and is rare as hell now. It doesn't contain all the episodes of Aeon Flux but it does contain the episodes Peter Chung most wanted to preserve (the ones from the first vhs.... 4 of the half hour episodes and all the original shorts from Liquid Television).

I hope they release a collection in the future with all the episodes, but for now this is the only real Aeon Flux dvd out there. On the plus side, the episodes that made it on the dvd look more beautiful than ever.

[quote name='tolhurst']Misfits Of Science
Automan
Square Pegs
On The Air
Twin Peaks season 2
Galactica 80 (in all it's utter craptacularnous like the other sci fi shows I mentioned above)
Land Of The Giants
Amazing Stories
that Ziggy christmas special[/quote]

Far Side animated specials? I hadn't even heard of those...

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']
Coach
[/quote]

YES! I've been staying up till 3-4 am every night to catch this on USA Network. I forgot how good the show was. I think I enjoy it alot more now than when I was younger and watched.

This is a complete longshot:
Get a Life (FOX show that starred Chris Elliott)

Well, it appears it was released, is out of print, good luck to me!

[quote name='jbroush99']This is a complete longshot:

Well, it appears it was released, is out of print, good luck to me![/quote]

Did they really release the whole thing? I know they released a couple volumes with a few episodes on them ( I have vol. 1) but I didn't think they actually got around to releasing the whole thing?

[quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='tolhurst']Misfits Of Science
Automan
Square Pegs
On The Air
Twin Peaks season 2
Land Of The Giants
Amazing Stories

Far Side animated specials? I hadn't even heard of those...[/quote]

Yeah I remember those, they aired during prime time on (I think) Fox. I think it was actually just a one time thing, and i don't remember it ever being rerun at all. Probably a huge longshot, but it was good.

For those that were wishing for a dvd set of the MTV Spiderman, well today I saw one. I know that in the past they have released volumes of four episodes each but today i found this dvd set at BB that was 23.99 and on it, it said that it was the complete first season of MTV's Spiderman. I think I'll pick it up this sunday. I also saw a complete series set of Eerie Indiana (the show used to air on Fox and is one of my favorite Saturday live action shows ever, sort of like a mini x-files but for kids). Eerie, Indiana was a show that I thought know way in hell would it receive a dvd set but I was surprised to find it. I think this too I will pick up this weekend.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='jbroush99']This is a complete longshot:

Did they really release the whole thing? I know they released a couple volumes with a few episodes on them ( I have vol. 1) but I didn't think they actually got around to releasing the whole thing?[/quote]

I have been looking online and have only seen volumes 1 and 2. Someone has an auction on ebay for volumes 3 and 4, but the cover is blue (just like vol. 2).

How many episodes are on the one you have?

[quote name='jbroush99'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='jbroush99']This is a complete longshot:

Did they really release the whole thing? I know they released a couple volumes with a few episodes on them ( I have vol. 1) but I didn't think they actually got around to releasing the whole thing?[/quote]

I have been looking online and have only seen volumes 1 and 2. Someone has an auction on ebay for volumes 3 and 4, but the cover is blue (just like vol. 2).

How many episodes are on the one you have?[/quote]

4 on mine, and I think the show ran 2 seasons, so I don't think they have the whole show on dvd, maybe someday though

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I just remembered another one...

The Master, it was a kinda cheesy show about an old ninja.

[/quote]

Starring Lee Van Cleef, best known for playing villains in Westerns. Once said he'd made his fortune from having a face like a rat.

You aren't likely to see a DVD release but there is a chance that the MST3K episode that used a compilation of Master episodes will be released by Rhino someday.

Because I'm a hardcore Aeon fan and since no one was quite specific on it, I figured I'd clear it up.

I own the original 3 VHS releases from the late 90's, I bought them as they came out. The first tape has all of the Liquid TV shows (Except for one they lef out because of time constaints, and this was corrected with the third volume.) This is the first and season "seasons" of AF. There is also 4 episodes of the third "real" season (where there was dialogue and all episodes were standard 22 minutes).

The second two tapes have the remaining 6-7 half hour episodes, while third volume has additionally the left out short from the season season that didn't make it onto the first tape.

The first box is red, the second and third yellow and blue. They were later released in a silver holo-foil box set which is probably even rarer to find than the original single releases.

ONLY the first tape in this collection was given a DVD release, which is the rarity you may have seen. Everything I've mentioned has long gone out of print. So, yes, a huge chunk of the series has never been released on DVD. I'm still hoping for a brand new release to replace my worn out VHS copies.

And yeah, I can't wait for a box set of The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. box set either. Man that was some crazy, unexpected stuff.

[quote name='tolhurst']Misfits Of Science
Automan
Square Pegs
On The Air
Twin Peaks season 2
Land Of The Giants
Amazing Stories

Misfits of Science. Man that was an old show. I still remember it. I loved that show.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']push, nevada
[/quote]I liked Push, Nevada as well, it was show that could have and should have stood on it's own without the gimicky "find the real money". Not to mention that would have resulted in an actual ending to the series as opposed to the half-assed one aired. Which reminds me, did anyone ever find the money?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Is Clerks out yet?!?!? COME ON PEOPLE![/quote]

If you are referring to the Clerks animated series, then yeah it's out.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Is Clerks out yet?!?!? COME ON PEOPLE![/quote]

If you are referring to the Clerks animated series, then yeah it's out.[/quote]

OMFG, I'm meant Scrubs. How on earth did I miss that. I swear, I'm going crazy.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Is Clerks out yet?!?!? COME ON PEOPLE![/quote]

If you are referring to the Clerks animated series, then yeah it's out.[/quote]

OMFG, I'm meant Scrubs. How on earth did I miss that. I swear, I'm going crazy.[/quote]No, Scrubs is not out, but supposedly it is in the works.

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']push, nevada
[/quote]I liked Push, Nevada as well, it was show that could have and should have stood on it's own without the gimicky "find the real money". Not to mention that would have resulted in an actual ending to the series as opposed to the half-assed one aired. Which reminds me, did anyone ever find the money?[/quote]

Yea, I think an asian guy won it. I heard the final episode was rushed out casue the show was being canceled. I was hooked on it.

Salute Your Shorts
Eerie Indiana
Rocko's Modern Life
WWE full seasons of raw (wishful thinking I know as that would require about... umm... 234828357235 discs)
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Scrubs
Spyder Games (just cause I never saw the end)
MTV's Undressed
Daria

that's pretty much all that springs to mind at the moment...

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='joeposh']
Eerie Indiana
[/quote]
I just saw this yesterday at media play.[/quote]

And I saw it last week at (or was it the week before) at BB for 24.99 I believe. Great news if you ask me. Never thought it would come out.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='joeposh']
Eerie Indiana
[/quote]

And I saw it last week at (or was it the week before) at BB for 24.99 I believe. Great news if you ask me. Never thought it would come out.[/quote]

Holy shit... is it the completel series? I'll have to check this out...

[quote name='joeposh'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='joeposh']
Eerie Indiana
[/quote]

And I saw it last week at (or was it the week before) at BB for 24.99 I believe. Great news if you ask me. Never thought it would come out.[/quote]

Holy shit... is it the completel series? I'll have to check this out...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it said on the cover, complete series of 13 episodes or something like that.

bread's done
Back