What the heck does this mean? USPS question

ItsTrueItsTrue92

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Shipment Accepted; Destination Delivery Unit, April 16, 2007, 8:44 am, ROSEDALE, NY

I ordered something from Amazon.com, it shipped USPS and this is what it said on my tracking info. Anybody ever seen that before?

It means that it's arrived at your PO and it will be delivered that day(if not, the next day).

I've gotten that message a few times in the past, there nothing to worry about.

[quote name='tangytangerine']It means that it's arrived at your PO and it will be delivered that day(if not, the next day).

I've gotten that message a few times in the past, there nothing to worry about.[/quote]

I dont think thats what it means seeing as the poster lives in NJ seems like USPS picked up the package from amazon and it is on its way to you.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']That confused me because according to the tracking info it was in Jersey City, NJ over the weekend which is 20 minutes from here.[/quote]
Hmm, now that is strange. Give it a day or two to see if it gets delivered, it might just be a screwup with the tracking.

As for M0dem's comment. I've had stuff give that message in GA, when it's supposed to be delivered in FL. It's just that USPS sends it to hubs(like Fedex & UPS) and sometimes, they're in a different state than the one the package is supposed to be delivered.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']That confused me because according to the tracking info it was in Jersey City, NJ over the weekend which is 20 minutes from here.[/quote]

Doesn't matter, USPS can work backwards sometimes. I live 20 minutes from Jersey and I've had a package from New Jersey go all the way to Eastern Long Island (like 40 miles out of the way), and come all the way back to NYC to be delivered to me.

[quote name='Kendro']Doesn't matter, USPS can work backwards sometimes. I live 20 minutes from Jersey and I've had a package from New Jersey go all the way to Eastern Long Island (like 40 miles out of the way), and come all the way back to NYC to be delivered to me.[/QUOTE]

Tis true... I once had a package start in CA, go to Ohio, and then finally reach IN.

It's the same story for FeDex and UPS.

I had a package that was intended for a CAG in Virginia head to North Carolina first, then bounce back up the coast to VA.

So yeah, I've also received that message, though usually it does mean it made it to its intended destination(if the person you shipped to lives in an apt complex).

bread's done
Back