What the Heck is Wrong with my PS3 Message Editor?

Lieutenant Dan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I'm new to the PS3. Just got a new, white PS3 super-slim with the 500GB drive.

My scenario is this: When I go to message a friend, in the process of creating a message my editor starts... acting up. I try to insert a space in the message with the triangle button and it deletes the last word I wrote. I try to insert a space by highlighting the space button and pressing x and it deletes instead. I try to send a message by hitting start = delete. I try to send with by highlighting the button and pressing x... delete again.

This seems to be sporadic. It also seems to be very frustrating. It's happened a number of times over a number of days. I'm rocking the latest drivers/system software/updates/whatever (trust me, I've spent more time doing this than playing games).

What the heck is going on? I feel like it's my fault because something so simple can't be so messed up, can it?

I don't mean this in an insulting way or anything, but it is a common mistake when it happens. Even I do it sometimes!

When you go to send a message, it automatically defaults you to the subject line, and sometimes does not register when you press "Down" to the body of the text space, if you press it too early. If you are entering text into the subject, you are limited to like 30 characters or something, but it doesn't do anything to delete the excess amount until knee deep in your message.

It's kind of annoying, especially when trying to message people quickly. :(

But it may be worth looking into!

bread's done
Back