What the hell is Best Buy Premier Black?

Se7en69

CAGiversary!
I just got an email from Best Buy stating-

"We’d like to welcome you to the Best Buy® Reward Zone® program at our most elite membership level - Premier Black.

Premier Black is a pilot in select areas that rewards our best customers for shopping at Best Buy stores."

FASTER REWARDS WITH YOUR
PREMIER BLACK POINT BONUS
EXCLUSIVE SHOPPING SERVICES
PERSONAL ATTENTION FROM YOUR
REWARD ZONE® PROGRAM
PREMIER BLACK CONCIERGE

Plus, you get to enjoy the benefits of Premier
Silver:
- Free shipping at BestBuy.com®
- 45-day extended return policy
- Point banking and our Premier-only Awards
Catalog
- Special services from Geek Squad

I don't shop there that often. Heck, I wasn't even a "Silver Member." I am just wondering if anybody out there got the same thing in their email? When I visit it through their link, it lists the regular site. And when I visit the regular site there is nothing on there about Premier Black.

Got the same thing too. More points would be nice. Now if the damn things could PROCESS faster, and not have to wait a month, that would be better.

LOL I just received the email as well and I think the only purchases I've made at Best Buy in the past year or so consisted mainly of penny guides.

It's just another scam to try and make their customers feel important and try to get more business to their Geek Squad services, which would be lucrative with its high profit margins if anyone was ever stupid enough to use them.

THe conierge service is a knock off of the Amex Centurion/Black Card and even Platinum/Gold cards concierge service - I'm sure they'll set up some bullshit phone/email/website where you can make requests for shit you're looking for, and depending on who you are and how much you spend, they may actually track it down for you.

I can just imagine all the CAGs attempting to use the service and being laughed at and told to fuck off the next time Best Buy puts a bunch of ancient clearance games (SWEET! Xbox 360 Launch games for $2 each!!!:roll:) that haven't been on their shelves in a couple of years on a list at $1.99 and gets the word out to sites like CAG, FW, and SD so that everyone and their mother comes running into their stores in a vain attempt to get them.

People will be flooding their concierge phone lines with requests like "hey can you track down 500 copies each of King Kong, Final Fantasy XI, Kameo, etc. for me ASAP?!?"

Count me in as someone who received this email.

Oddly enough, I'd love to know when they'll finally get me Silver status like they keep promising. :wall:

Seems like it was a mistake. lol

Just got this in my email-

The Best Buy® Reward Zone® program is always looking at ways to make our program even better for our members. Today, you may have inadvertently and inaccurately received the below message during an initial email testing process. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. You continue to maintain your current membership status. If you are eligible for the Reward Zone program Premier Black test that will run in a limited number of select markets, we will notify you by a separate email. If you have any questions about this or the Reward Zone program, please visit www.MyRewardZone.com or contact our Customer Service Center at 1-888-237-8289. Thank you.

Sincerely,
The Best Buy Reward Zone program team

The Best Buy® Reward Zone® program is always looking at ways to make our program even better for our members. Today, you may have inadvertently and inaccurately received the below message during an initial email testing process. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. You continue to maintain your current membership status. If you are eligible for the Reward Zone program Premier Black test that will run in a limited number of select markets, we will notify you by a separate email. If you have any questions about this or the Reward Zone program, please visit www.MyRewardZone.com or contact our Customer Service Center at 1-888-237-8289. Thank you.

Sincerely,
The Best Buy Reward Zone program team

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I just received the email as well and I think the only purchases I've made at Best Buy in the past year or so consisted mainly of penny guides.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, I used to buy other stuff like clearance games but once it started to be YMMV manager's markdown clearances rather than a national clearance I stopped spending money there except for penny guides and other penny items (though there haven't been any of those recently like the promo movie items). I don't even use my RZ card for penny item purchases, I don't need them tracking that.

If you want to see if there's any pennied items on their site, put in a percentage sign in the search field and hit enter.

For a while it was bringing up some Roseanne dry erase message board for .01.

EDIT: Currently it brings up nothing for .01 in any category, but it will bring up pennied stuff that way at times. Though if they're running the in-store site differently than the main website again, there may be stuff that'll come up in-store.

Thanks to either SlickDeals or FatWallet for that search tip.

bread's done
Back