what the hell??? #$^* you Gamestop!!

[quote name='Stoneage']I think the lesson we all have learned is thus: Don't buy new games from Gamestop / EB. I haven't bought 1 thing from either since the morning update died. Man....I need a new hobby at 6 am. A female of the species, perhaps.[/QUOTE]

Specify which species.

[quote name='Stoneage']Preferably human, but humanish may suffice.[/QUOTE]

May I introduce you to Koko, the ape that uses sign language.

Aww she's signing "Need mate now." at the screen.

there is only one gamestop in my area where the employees arent assholes. and thats the same one where i cleaned out all their guides :) all my EB games stores are awesome though, ive always prefferedeb games, except the eb stickers leave marks. and i dont have goo gone. anyone know where to get goo gone?

[quote name='mrblinG22']there is only one gamestop in my area where the employees arent assholes. and thats the same one where i cleaned out all their guides :) all my EB games stores are awesome though, ive always prefferedeb games, except the eb stickers leave marks. and i dont have goo gone. anyone know where to get goo gone?[/quote]

uhh...have you actually looked for it? you can find it just about anywhere. I got some at fucking kroger.

K, I need to bring this back up.. lol

I went to a DIFFERENT Gamestop tonight---and I had about 6 games to trade in. Ya know, because of the Trade in 3 get $10 extra? Yeah! Well I did this last week twice. I had quite a bit of games to get rid of (thanks to the Kmart clearance), and went to Gamestop #1. Traded 6 games, got about $70 in credit..looked around and didn't see anything. Went to Gamestop #2. Gamestop is where I had the problem with the original point of this thread... Ya know, the part where the Mario & Luigi code didn't work. Then, I went back to Gamestop #2 a few days later w/ some more trade ins. THIS time, it was "4 games $10extra" Now at Gamestop #1, I didn't have that problem. I got 6 games w/ a $20 extra. Gamestop #2..said no, it's 4. Well I had 4 games (tnakfully) so I said "k whatever". Then I picked up stuff..inlcuding Superstar Saga, which turned out that my game got erased after 10 1/2 hours lol (Though, I brought it back to Gamestop #2 a few days later.. and did even exchange no problem).

So then it seems that I'm done w/ Gamestop for a while.
But today I feel the want for more, so between me and my friend.. had 6 games and headed off to Gamestop #1. Remember, Gamestop #1 was the original Gamestop I went to and traded 6 games in and got the $20 extra. NOW all of a sudden it's FOUR games and NOT INCLUDING DS games. .....Since...When? I know sports titles from last year and beyond weren't allowed--and thats cool. But NOW all of a sudden it's not? what the hell!???? I got $53 in credit.. and SHOULD of gotten $73.

I told him that I did it like a week 1/2 ago and it was 3 for an extra 10. "No, they must of messed up" ....................Sooo yeah. Whatever.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Gamestop ?! ?! ?!

Well, one possibiliy may be that the people in both stores talk to one another and, as such, you tend to come up in the course of conversation. If it seems like you're acting on deals too much and they are the only two GSes in the area they may be warning each other about your trade-ins and be heading you off at the pass, so to speak, on potential deals. This is only a possibility, mind you, but I know my local stores tend to talk to one another a few times a day about what's going on and particular customers, if need be, so if something fishy arises everyone knows about it.

And if you keep using the same deal with similar titles or titles only for a certain system, that usually raises some red flags. That's not to say that the terms of the deal should be changing here, there, and everywhere but considering most people I know would simply refuse to honor the deal, ask their DM what to do and then refuse to honor your deals, or something else along those lines.

I bought a new copy of Trama Center at a Gamestop in College Station Texas. I was stoked about getting a new copy of such a rare game, well wrong it was. I got the game home, put it in my DS, turned it on, and bam! Save files in all three slots with hours worth of game play logged, what?! I just paid new money for a used game, I think not. Went back to the store, told the guy I wanted all of my money back, bad buisnesses don't get my money, he told me he couldnt refund a new game, well well, I think not. I showed him the save files and he had the nerve to say, "well you know, you could have done that yourself". I explained it would have been impossible for me to play a game 6 hours in 39 minutes. Needless to say after I started loudly talking and letting all the other customers know that I was sold a used game for full game price, i got my money back. As I was leaving the manager told me that they had probably been playing the game behind the counter as a tester, well well, not only was it used, I was helping pay lazy staff, I think not.

[quote name='mrblinG22']there is only one gamestop in my area where the employees arent assholes. and thats the same one where i cleaned out all their guides :) all my EB games stores are awesome though, ive always prefferedeb games, except the eb stickers leave marks. and i dont have goo gone. anyone know where to get goo gone?[/quote]

get it at walmart in the home improvment section, 3ish dollars.

[quote name='Kapwanil']Well, one possibiliy may be that the people in both stores talk to one another and, as such, you tend to come up in the course of conversation. If it seems like you're acting on deals too much and they are the only two GSes in the area they may be warning each other about your trade-ins and be heading you off at the pass, so to speak, on potential deals. This is only a possibility, mind you, but I know my local stores tend to talk to one another a few times a day about what's going on and particular customers, if need be, so if something fishy arises everyone knows about it.

And if you keep using the same deal with similar titles or titles only for a certain system, that usually raises some red flags. That's not to say that the terms of the deal should be changing here, there, and everywhere but considering most people I know would simply refuse to honor the deal, ask their DM what to do and then refuse to honor your deals, or something else along those lines.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean, but I only did the promotion like.. 3, 4 times total. It's not something that was like a 3day only thing! It was for what.. 2 weeks? And plus, the only time I think trade ins are shady would be if I went and picked up like 9 copies of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes from Kmart at $3 each..and brought them all to gamestop and traded them in for $72 + $30 = $102.
But I never brought in the same game twice--nor did I during the whole period. I traded about 12 games and they were all different.

Plus I don't go in there often for them to be talking.
It's ashame.. I wouldn't wanna shop there anyway. But when there's trade in promotions that are GOOD.. sometimes it's hard to resist! Especially trade in promotions follwed up with B2G1 sales!!

[quote name='lilboo']I see what you mean, but I only did the promotion like.. 3, 4 times total. It's not something that was like a 3day only thing! It was for what.. 2 weeks? And plus, the only time I think trade ins are shady would be if I went and picked up like 9 copies of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes from Kmart at $3 each..and brought them all to gamestop and traded them in for $72 + $30 = $102.
But I never brought in the same game twice--nor did I during the whole period. I traded about 12 games and they were all different.

Plus I don't go in there often for them to be talking.
It's ashame.. I wouldn't wanna shop there anyway. But when there's trade in promotions that are GOOD.. sometimes it's hard to resist! Especially trade in promotions follwed up with B2G1 sales!![/QUOTE]

It's just one employee that gets a bug up their ass and starts making a fuss about it. Bitch to the DM and see where that gets you. Don't like the answer, tell him you'll be shopping elsewhere. Be sure to leave a contact number.

-Then get 20 random people to call and tell the DM they heard what happened to you and say the same thing. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. If he's anywhere near competent, he'll attempt to fix the problem.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I love GameStop. My local store only has great people working there and they never try to screw you over. I'm going to tell them how great they are the next time I'm there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the one I go to is great. I always go the same time of day during the week so the same dude and girl are working. Last time I went in in there, this dude walked in talking on his cell phone saying "Yeah man dat bitch was kissin on my neck and shit. -- Nah not her man, dat pregnant chick." And the two employees and myself were litterally rolling around laughing. When it was all over with, I looked at the guy and said "Seriously, thats way too much. Just leave." and he did.
I've never been screwed on prices but I've never got an awesome deal (Although I have caught a few). I have nothing against gamestop but if there was a reliable alternative, I'd take my chances.

[quote name='allyourblood']what exactly is a "dub"?[/QUOTE]

dub_bighomie_escalade.jpg

00112656.jpg

Those are DUBS.... 20"+ Wheels.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']
Those are DUBS.... 20"+ Wheels.[/quote]

wow. those are a damn shame. i've heard the word "dub" before, but unless we're talking about music, i had no clue what it meant.

bread's done
Back