What the Shaq-FU?!?!

crickett003

CAGiversary!
I went to Pawn Market in Topeka yesterday to check this place out with my sister, & I saw a bunch of PS1 games on the rack. I scanned through them & I saw a GH Tetris Plus for $32.99!!!! What the fuck??? It was like random games were marked $25- $35! I checked ebgames.com & saw Tetris Plus for $7.99 before coupons :roll:

Some fucking Pawn Shops suck. Oh, and to make them bigger bastards, they offered my sister $50 for a $2,000 ring she took in. Crazy!!

129439.jpg

[quote name='crickett003']they offered my sister $50 for a $2,000 ring she took in.[/QUOTE]

What the hell do you think a pawn shop is, dude?

[quote name='Scorch']What the hell do you think a pawn shop is, dude?[/QUOTE]

I'm fully aware of what a pawn shop is. I frequently pawned while in college, but this is utter horsey shit. I guess in an act of desperation, anything will do. :roll:

I've seen pawn shops try to sell a loose Japanese Battle Arena Toshinden 2 for PS1 for $40. With a pawn shop it's hit and miss, cause they don't know what to price games, and they don't care.

Pawn shops are like the "check advance" places. Both you either have to be desperate, or a dumbass to use either for money. What did you expect? Them to offer a fair price?

[quote name='howlinmad']Pawn shops are like the "check advance" places. Both you either have to be desperate, or a dumbass to use either for money. What did you expect? Them to offer a fair price?[/QUOTE]

This place was a pawn shop AND a paycheck advance place, so it's a double screw ;)

[quote name='crickett003']Oh, and to make them bigger bastards, they offered my sister $50 for a $2,000 ring she took in. Crazy!![/QUOTE]

Just be thankful they didn't offer $50 for your sister!
icon14.gif

Most pawn shops are like that...

There are five pawn shops in my city, and all of them have very nice prices when it comes to games. I love the pawn shops...

pawn shops have always been good to me with ps1 games always 5-6 n64 5, and current gen 10.. and then NES for a dollar.. always worth a look if you see one.

I still can remember five years ago when my local Gamestop charged $25+ for used copies of Greatest Hits PSone games like Tetris Plus, Driver, etc. I guess people were willing to pay it. I also saw some lady pay $64.99 plus tax for a new copy of Majora's Mask of N64. It's usually the clueless people that pay more than they have to.

[quote name='javeryh']Don't you only sell to pawn shops if you are out of cash and need your daily crack fix?[/QUOTE]

You got it...

Or, and this really happens... your breaking up and you sell the 3000 ring he bought for you at the pawn shop for $50. Gives a chick a thrill to do this.

[quote name='tcrash247']There needs to be a website that has a pawn shop locator. There could be one 5 mins from me but I wouldn't know it.[/QUOTE]

What I'm looking for is a prawn shop. Mmmmm, prawn.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Hmm, I have 16 pawn shops in my area. Might have to go around one day :)[/QUOTE]

I have 2....... and one sucks.

Pawn shops are excellent, USUALLY, for buying stuff. As for selling stuff there, or pawning, don't waste your time. The type of people that pawn stuff and sell to pawn shops are the type that don't know about eBay or the power of the internet.

So they take there 10 DVD's, PS2 with 5 games, couple of Gold chains, 20 CD's, some VHS movies, stereo and other assorted junk to the pawn shop, pawn it all for 50.00, and never go back to get it.

I have like 10 pawn shops in my area. I went into one and the prices on games where a buck or two higher then used prices. Then I saw that they were selling a guitar that looked liked some kids tried to use it in backyard wrestling on each other. Now guitars can be fixed but not this one, and on top of ever thing they wanted $300 for it. It was fucking broken.

Pawns shops in my area sell Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits and Player's Choice titles for $49.95. ;o

Many pawn shops suck are are pure rip-off artists. There are exceptions. Years ago, I bought a Neo Geo Gold System complete in box for $50. Came with extra controller, still wrapped, game and memory card. About 3 months ago, I picked up Suidoden II in a jewel case with back art, but missing instructions for $6.00. The disk was a little scratched, but Game Crazy fixed that for $1.00. I would never sell anything to a pawn shop. You'd get more at a yard sale if you are that in need of quick cash.

bread's done
Back