What theme are you currently using?

I have a hard time reading the fonts on a lot of the themes so I just stick with the original theme with the bg color at blue.

Default background (I love the movement and color changing based on time of day) with tori-emaki icons.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I change my theme all the time..[/quote]

Wow, I never woulda guessed that. You change your avatar more than I change my boxers :lol:

The three best I have found have been "singular', 'manga', and 'hey barker'. But I alternate using my PS3 with my sdtv, and my 1080p LCD computer monitor. Everytime the resolution changes, the theme reverts, so I haven't bothered with any lately.

I wonder if it is actually the changing resolution, or the fact that I go back to sdtv, by holding the power button?

Anyway those three themes are worth checking out. I can't remember where I got them, but something like ps3...themes...com

~S

[quote name='depascal22']The Lair themes are pretty nice too. I was disappointed by the Ratchet and Lost Planet themes though.[/QUOTE]Well, the Ratchet theme might be my favorite, only because I like the icons and sounds though (not a big fan of the background).

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Wow, I never woulda guessed that. You change your avatar more than I change my boxers :lol:[/quote]

Do your boxers stand at attention when you take them off? :lol:

Yeah, TMK said it best about the Ratchet theme. The background is horrible. Doesn't really convey the feel of the series at all. I was expecting Ratchet with a bad ass weapon or a cool Clank background and instead you get a spaceship and a planet. :cry:

I'm using the GRAFITTI icons with the Standard PS3 changing color background. I LOATHE all sounds in the themes...I hope they make that an option to disable in future firmwares.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I'm using a Pixel Junk Monster one (the one where there is a blue sky, green trees, and th ebig round rock dudes)[/quote]

I was using that for a while, then switched the wallpaper to the PJM bee things. Now I'm back to the default them. It's kind of boring, but I missed the wave and the changing colors. If there was a version of the PJM theme with some drifting clouds and a sky that changed based on the time of day, that would be perfect. I'd even pay for it.

Most suck, especially without the ability to change the XMB's font color, but I have used a few that don't suck. My favorite's the Ratchet & Clank theme, which is the best, but I'm using the PixelJunk Monsters 2 theme (fire tower theme).

Stay away from any of the Pain themes, as some kind of inhuman person crafted those from the souls of dead people.

I had the green COD4 one up for a long time, recently changed it to the Pixeljunk Monsters theme, like the sound effects a lot. I still havent dove into the world of custom themes yet

Using one of the PJM themes - #2 maybe? I also swapped the background to use a different PJM image than the one it came with.

[quote name='Chacrana']I didn't even realize there were themes.[/quote]

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but if you aren't you need to check them out. They're awesome. I really wish the 360 would utilize themes (for FREE :bomb:).

It's absolutely amazing to me that 360 themes are complete crap and you have to pay for them. If I put both themes side by side and asked which one do you think costs money, I am sure everyone would choose the PS3 theme.

PS3 ones even have different sounds and different icons for every icon.

I got several themes created by m0dus from this thread on neogaf. He has some really nice looking ones. I use the Cell Project one. I also like the Zone of the Enders one as well. His new version of his MGS4 theme looks pretty good too.

[quote name='Maklershed']There are a shit load of free 360 themes. It's just that they don't change the text in nifty ways like the PS3 themes.[/quote]
There aren't that many free game themes, though, as its mostly ad or movie-based themes.

i thought id bump this rather then create a whole new thread. i couldnt find one of the older threads w/ various links in it. what other sites are good for getting themes? i had them on my ps3, but i accidently deleted my faves. thx in advance to any responses

Using the Tomb Raider Underworld Theme with Prince of Persia Corruption Wallpaper. It works surprisingly well.

bread's done
Back