What to add to my Resume?

I wouldn't put anything video game related (unless you're a professional, competitive gamer that's sponsored).

Many HR people consider and view playing video games as a "childish" hobby. Better to keep it on the DL.

Are you applying to a game related job? If not, then there is no necessary reason to put anything game related in your resume, unless you don't want to be taken seriously.

Try this:

I am a billionaire playboy, industrialist and ingenious engineer, I suffered a severe chest injury during a kidnapping in which my captors attempted to force me to build a weapon of mass destruction. Instead I created a powered suit of armor to save my life and escape captivity. I later used the suit to protect the world as Iron Man. Through my multinational corporation, Stark Industries, I have created many military weapons, some of which, along with other technological devices of my making, have been integrated into my suit, helping me fight crime.

:D

Accomplishments:
Over 2000 Teabags Applied in Halo 3

In all seriousness, I post my gamerscore on my resume. Most people don't know what the hell it is and are impressed by the large number.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Accomplishments:
Over 2000 Teabags Applied in Halo 3

In all seriousness, I post my gamerscore on my resume. Most people don't know what the hell it is and are impressed by the large number.[/QUOTE]

Do you really post it?

It's best to have several versions of a resume to use in different places that emphasize core concepts related to the job; if you want to be a journalist, emphasize core writing talents; if you want to be an accountant, emphasize math and finance talents; if whatever you're applying for is gaming related, adding your GS would probably be beneficial. And if you're applying to a retail chain or fast food chain, omit all but the basics so as to not give the employer reason to believe you'll be bored with a mundane, basic job.

hopefully you are applying for a purchasing manager position so that you mention how you scour the web for deals via CAG.

When I read his question, I assumed he was asking other hobbies that are common for gamers. For example: anime, comic books, etc.

If he's trying to add gaming stuff on his actual resume... :lol:

[quote name='blindinglights']When I read his question, I assumed he was asking other hobbies that are common for gamers. For example: anime, comic books, etc.

If he's trying to add gaming stuff on his actual resume... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey, he might be applying to GameStop. ;) I even wrote down what systems I had and my favorite games for each when I applied there. They called me back within a day.

[quote name='Blade']Hey, he might be applying to GameStop. ;) I even wrote down what systems I had and my favorite games for each when I applied there. They called me back within a day and consumed my soul immediately thereafter.[/QUOTE]
Fix'd.

[quote name='Tony Stark']Do you really post it?[/QUOTE]
Did you really believe me? Outside of a job/soul rape at Gamestop or some other gaming related job/career; it would be inappropriate for a resume. Most serious employers would look at that and possibly stereotype you as (pick any videogamer stereotype here). Most Fortune 500 Businesses are not going to gauge your work ethic and sense of "achievement" on an intangible gamerscore that was achieved while sitting on the couch (or playing Kinect) eating chips.

If you do list your gamerscore, be sure to also list your fastest time for Level 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. and list the gamertags of everyone who has teabagged you in the last month.

bread's done
Back