What to do about Amazon feedback

spcheap

CAGiversary!
I just received staggering feedback from a buyer:
Buyer (along with a 1 star rating):
The item was misrepresented s being "in like new condition". The games did not come in original package nor were the instructions included. Very disappointed.

Ok, this would be understandable if it were true.

My description on item:
Condition: Used - Acceptable Comments: Disc only, will be shipped in black case. Disc is in great condition.

What can I do about this?? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I emailed the buyer and responded to the comment on my seller profile. Not sure if there is anything else I could do. Luckily this is my second rating so I am still at 3 stars, but 50% looks bad and might affect my future sales =(

You are screwed probably. They only looked at the description on the main item page. Good luck though maybe they'll take it off.

I'd let it go if it's not hurting your score. I don't think Amazon feedback can be changed...

Just be glad he didn't want his money back because Amazon would almost surely side with him.

Amazon feedback can be removed by the buyer, though it sounds like a case of idiot buyer syndrome, so that's unlikely to happen.

It looks like a honest mistake. Most likely he has confused you with another seller. Try emailing the buyer to remove the feedback and try to clear the mix-up. Sadly, amazon will not remove the feedback. The only way amazon will remove feedback when it is a product review or and personal information posted. Try responding to buyer's feedback by honestly stating the facts without anger. If you already responded with a negative post, please consider removing it. Potential buyer's may see this as negative customer service and will not buy your items.

Keep us updated.

Yep, all you can do is continue to email that buyer and state how you stated what the condition it was in and to understand where you are coming from. Total pain in the arse.

Let them know you are an individual and not a big company and that these ratings really do affect your sales.

Maybe even offer to take it back, or do a partial refund to get that feedback removed. That's worked for me in the past.

Yeah. Most likely Amazon will tell you to ask the buyer to remove it. I can't believe they don't have a system for removing dumb feedback. They told me to ask the buyer to remove a negative feedback that I got that said, "Game was too old, far too old, to be sold." It was a PC game released in 1997. With the full release date on the main product page.

It sounds like the only way to get a neg-feedback removed is if they were cussing you out on it or something.

bread's done
Back