what to do when not using the wii for a long time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp_assman

CAGiversary!
is there anything i should do to "protect" my wii when it hasn't been in use for months? should i unplug the power?

thanks (from a paranoid freak)

If you aren't going to use it for a while, unplug it- that's true of any piece of electronics. But especially consoles as they consume energy and give off heat.
But from a worry standpoint, this system is quite solid, there shouldn't be any problems unless you live in extreme dust/sand conditions.

[quote name='jling84']You should turn the Wii Connect 24 or whatever it's called off.[/QUOTE]

At a minimum you should definately do this. If you know that you aren't going to use it for a long time you can unplug to to save on energy.

Yeah, unplug it and put a dustcover over it. As long as its unplugged, a bag would work. Just don't cover it with somethin' flammable when it's plugged in.

Also I would definatley take out the batteries in your Wiimote. I don't know if it just me or not, but it seems like the batteries in my Wiimote burn up just as fast when my system is off or on.

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']sell it. if you dont use it give it to someone less fortunate that will appreciate it.[/quote]

I think Cammie Dunaway is the only one that needs one.

Unplug it, then put it in your closet.

Years later you will remember it, and bring it out again. Then you can remember why you put it away. It's like a time capsule of regret and shattered hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back