What to do with a 20gb laptoop hard drive?

gamemasterjd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
my dad's old mp3 player crapped out and he gave me what was left of it. Turns out it was discontinued by RCA and cant be fixed. So long story short I have a broken mp3 player and a WORKING 20 gb 2.5" hard drive. I have no laptop to put it in so what else can I do with it. I was thinking about building my own mp3 but im open to any other suggestions.

Any ideas?

well considering the original one held the hard drive in it. its actually about the length of an ipod and the thickness of a Game boy advance (original)

When I sold my laptop, I kept my 2.5" hard drive and converted it to 3.5" desktop drive with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Datastor-Bracket-Kit-2-5IN-3-5IN/dp/B0000511SQ/ref=sr_1_4/104-3326130-3668755?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1179112357&sr=8-4

Amazon.com : Datastor Bracket kit 2.5" to -> 3.5"

If you get this, buy directly from Amazon (free shipping on order over $25) or the seller Wonder Electronics. Stay away from Caimon.com (slow service)

I'm actually using it now, loads XP just fine, no crashes. Just make sure pins are aligned properly.

[quote name='Vinny']You can get a 2.5 external HD enclosure and make a little 20GB external for yourself.[/QUOTE]

I second this idea. 2.5" external enclosures are cheap, like $10 cheap.

bread's done
Back