What to do with all my vhs's?

Can give them to goodwill and get a reciept to write off on your taxes.

Or do what I did with mine. I posted them in the free section of craigslist and said pickup only. The couple that came to pick them up were really excited to have so many movies. You could tell they didnt have two nickles to rub together in their pocket. Must have thanked me a dozen times.

I don't know if I'd want people like that coming to my doorstep and knowing where I live.

Goodwill is a good place to get rid of them.

I like to fort idea if you have enough. You could put a vinyl brick pattern over them after you finish.

[quote name='2DMention']I don't know if I'd want people like that coming to my doorstep and knowing where I live.

Goodwill is a good place to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah god forbid a poor person drive past your house right? Thats horrible! I mean they are poor afterall. They might give you diseases and come dig through your trash and break into your house while your alseep to blow their noses on your towels and sleep in your bed giving you bed bugs! fuck those poor bastards.

But you know what? Its not like your house a secret, anyone who drives it by it knows you live there because they can see it. Your not special or any different than anyone else.

Id given away plenty of stuff to people who really needed it and they never gave me any trouble and were the most appreciative people Id ever met.

And goodwill isnt that great, its a last resort. Goodwill doesnt give anything to anyone who really needs it. They take your shit for free and then sell it. Id rather give stuff to somebody who actually needs it.

[quote name='gargus']Yeah god forbid a poor person drive past your house right? Thats horrible! I mean they are poor afterall. They might give you diseases and come dig through your trash and break into your house while your alseep to blow their noses on your towels and sleep in your bed giving you bed bugs! fuck those poor bastards.

But you know what? Its not like your house a secret, anyone who drives it by it knows you live there because they can see it. Your not special or any different than anyone else.

Id given away plenty of stuff to people who really needed it and they never gave me any trouble and were the most appreciative people Id ever met.

And goodwill isnt that great, its a last resort. Goodwill doesnt give anything to anyone who really needs it. They take your shit for free and then sell it. Id rather give stuff to somebody who actually needs it.[/QUOTE]

The point was in this day and age you have to actually worry about doing something nice for a total stranger and then them turning around and robbing/murdering you. Do you also pick up hitchhikers? Generally, just inviting random people from the internet over to your house isn't a safe idea. If you're going to go this route, meeting them in a Wal-Mart/grocery store parking lot is a far better idea.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The point was in this day and age you have to actually worry about doing something nice for a total stranger and then them turning around and robbing/murdering you. Do you also pick up hitchhikers? Generally, just inviting random people from the internet over to your house isn't a safe idea. If you're going to go this route, meeting them in a Wal-Mart/grocery store parking lot is a far better idea.[/QUOTE]

I've never had an issue, and I've bought/sold/gave away items on Craigslist for years. The majority of people are honest, law-abiding citizens.

[quote name='sdragon']I've never had an issue, and I've bought/sold/gave away items on Craigslist for years. The majority of people are honest, law-abiding citizens.[/QUOTE]

This.

Sometimes I meet them in a neutral area, sometimes they come straight to my house but I've never had an issue. I wouldn't post your address in the actual craigslist ad or let them inside if they look sketchy but posting something like "first person to email me, gets this for free" isn't really dangerous at all.

think long and hard about how much you spent on them as you discard them like garbage, then to cheer yourself up go buy a bunch of bluerays you'll only watch once.

Salvation Army is worse than Goodwill. People donate their clothes to the poor and they get bought up by hipsters. There should be a "if your shoes are not held together by duct tape, you can't shop here" rule.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Salvation Army is worse than Goodwill. People donate their clothes to the poor and they get bought up by hipsters. There should be a "if your shoes are not held together by duct tape, you can't shop here" rule.[/QUOTE]
Salvation Army isn't JUST for 'poor people'. It's about the only place I can typically find old gen games that some reseller hasn't overpriced at their flea market or retail store.

I also like to buy pre shit stained undies there. On Wednesday they're even 50% off with 100% of the shit stains.;):lol:

But seriously I also buy tie dye shirts and clothes that look gently used there. When it's a choice between paying $25 for a single pair of 'jeans' from the King Size catalog or paying $5 for a pair from Salvation Army, I'd rather have the extra $20 for something else.:razz:

bread's done
Back