What to do..

Send him an email saying it only ships in the US, send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder and then change your seller options to block bidding buy users outside of the US.

he sent me an email that is supposibly from paypal and at the bottom it says

This PayPal?payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has
been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking
number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the
seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail
[email protected] and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.

and the email looks totally fake

and then he sent another that says

Hi..

i want to inform you that the payment for your item have been made and confirm via paypal...
I want you to get the itme shipped as soon as possible so here is my shipping address

Name:Mr James Olawale

Address:#4 oshinkanlu street oke bola

City:Ibadan

State:Oyo State

Zipcode:23402

i will like if you can ship the item today and notify me with the shipment details...

also is now left for you and paypal to complete the payment transaction....

Hope to read from you soon.

---

he has like postive feedback so idk? what about my seller fees

Uh, hello....

....Nigeria.

Start listening to everyone else in this thread, and offer it to the next person in line.

[quote name='maddskillz867']he sent me an email that is supposibly from paypal and at the bottom it says

This PayPal?payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has
been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking
number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the
seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail
[email protected] and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.

and the email looks totally fake

and then he sent another that says

Hi..

i want to inform you that the payment for your item have been made and confirm via paypal...
I want you to get the itme shipped as soon as possible so here is my shipping address

Name:Mr James Olawale

Address:#4 oshinkanlu street oke bola

City:Ibadan

State:Oyo State

Zipcode:23402

i will like if you can ship the item today and notify me with the shipment details...

also is now left for you and paypal to complete the payment transaction....

Hope to read from you soon.

---

he has like postive feedback so idk? what about my seller fees[/quote]

I had something like this happened. I simply told the winner to not bother sending payment as I would simply refund or refuse. Then I offered the guy that was next in line a second chance offer.
Stupid bidder said he was in the U.S., but his paypal address was in Japan.
I simply blocked him from bidding, and nothing has come of it. As for seller fees, sometimes you just gotta take it on the chin.

In my case I didn't provide any feedback. As for paypal, you should be able to tell what is a fake or real payment. And regardless, if you don't want to ship it, just refuse or refund his payment, end of story.

I hope you didn't try to login to Paypal via one of his "offical" emails.

If so, change your password NOW unless its too late.

Good point.

Forward that e-mail to [email protected] and report him to eBay.

If the next bidder doesn't bite on a 2nd chance offer, relist.

I would cut off all contact with this scumbag outside of an eBay NPB report. He's obviously a scammer and any contact from him is going to be further attempts to trick you or just insults if he eventually gives up on you. It's surprising the amount of FB he has. I wonder if this is a hijacked account? I truly hope no one is out of it enough to fall for this trick. E-mail a tracking number to a non-PayPal e-mail after you ship and ONLY THEN will the already approved payment actually show up in your account? I guess there might be a snowball's chance this could work on a first time seller that's a bit naive. But why even waste the time to try this on an account that's sold a few things?

Oh, and check his most recent FB:
"Complaint: **** FRAUD****DO NOT SELL TO******SENDS FAKE EMAILS FROM PAYPALL*******"

bread's done
Back